The Falkirk FC Thread

The mob running the show better watch out.

As those who haven't been paying much attention, in the year & 1/2 we'll have been missing, come next seasons start, might just have got out of the habit of turning up every second Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Possibly about a plan if we lose on Tuesday. Gives Holt and Fergus a few days before the Saturday game. 

Thing is, I can see us shitbagging a result on Tuesday which would just keep them in post. It's the post-split games which cause far greater concern.

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Heard a whisper, totally unconfirmed, that there was a Board Meeting today.

As I say, not verified.

They must be aware of fan unrest, the replies to the clubs full time twitter post yesterday would tell them that. Even if Ritchie and superfan are not social media savvy there are folk on the board who will read these things and that's without looking at P&B. They know that if things go tits up and we don't get promoted ST sales could drop off a cliff.

58 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The idea that we wouldn’t attract at least decent, better than M&M managers is fantasy land stuff.

Football coaching/management, like every other occupation, is more competitive than ever. More resources than ever to become a coach and a clearer path than ever to be one. 

We are a club with a top 1/2 budget in the league, who has punched so far below its weight for 10 years +. You would basically have to do the bare minimum as a manager here and you’d be hailed as a hero and roaring success after the shite we’ve had to endure, and you’d get your move away without any qualms from our passive board. 

How much longer can Falkirk offer this though? Driving away the hardcore support (and £££) through stupidity and such will reduce the budget rather quickly at League One level, as Raith found out with our snowballing deficits. What will happen to the budget with even one more year in League One? The sheer inertia of the BOD in staying the course is catastrophic folly. I honestly wish you good luck picking up the pieces, because the Falkirk fan base deserves much better than a rebuild with an unknown manager who came cheap, and that looks increasingly likely.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How much longer can Falkirk offer this though? Driving away the hardcore support (and £££) through stupidity and such will reduce the budget rather quickly at League One level, as Raith found out with our snowballing deficits. What will happen to the budget with even one more year in League One? The sheer inertia of the BOD in staying the course is catastrophic folly. I honestly wish you good luck picking up the pieces, because the Falkirk fan base deserves much better than a rebuild with an unknown manager who came cheap, and that looks increasingly likely.

Given we’ve been in champ or league 1 for the last 10 years, and our support hasn’t reduced in any meaningful sense, I imagine we’ll be able to offer it for a good while yet. 

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Given we’ve been in champ or league 1 for the last 10 years, and our support hasn’t reduced in any meaningful sense, I imagine we’ll be able to offer it for a good while yet. 

If we don't go up and M&M stay in post, the effect on ST sales will be catastrophic. 

They must be aware of fan unrest, the replies to the clubs full time twitter post yesterday would tell them that. Even if Ritchie and superfan are not social media savvy there are folk on the board who will read these things and that's without looking at P&B. They know that if things go tits up and we don't get promoted ST sales could drop off a cliff.

They certainly will drop off a cliff. I’ve started a hobby, which could take up my Saturdays and I’m already contemplating not renewing if we stay in this league

20 minutes ago, Rocco said:

They certainly will drop off a cliff. I’ve started a hobby, which could take up my Saturdays and I’m already contemplating not renewing if we stay in this league

There will be plenty of others in the same boat. Due to Covid folk might not have the money or, like you have found other ways to fill Saturdays.  They really need to up their game and not just expect fans to part with their cash.

Edited by Harry Kinnear