The Falkirk FC Thread

Reports that West Ham are back at the table for Hendrie. I think if this sale happens we would be back in for Loy with a respectable offer.

I can't see him going to Hamilton now or at the end of the season. Hamiltons uncertainty now post Neil being a minor factor, major factor is that he is in a good position in that he can have his pick of interested clubs in May and I'm sure within his pick he will have us, where at the moment he is enjoying his football and seems to have struck it on with Baird.

The McGovern factor doesn't come into play here, McGovern made no secret he wanted to play in the top league, play being the key word, I'm sure he had offers previous seasons but with no assurances he would be first choice. The same can't be applied to Loy.

Michael Martin, Ryan Blair and David Smith all had great games, although smith should have scored a hattrick. Bowman had nothing to do until the last 5 mins.

Falkirk over ran st Johnston on every area of the park.

Ryan Blair was outstanding tonight.

Also thought Botti and Dick played well.

Anyone notice the guy with the Celtic jacket making lengthy notes all through the match ?

Guest Back Post Misses

The major black mark on Holts time for me, signing a player for next season when the current one wasnt finished is something we never do and I expected him to be some player. A young player whom he obviously rated highly and obviously made sure he signed early for us.

He was slow, cumbersome and a poor touch that had me mainly with my heart in my mouth so many times as Holt wanted McGovern to roll it out to him rather than kick the ball out. He was strong as mentioned but rarely tackled in the manner which may have kept his head above the water as when he did tackle in a sliding manner, boy did the opposite player know he had been tackled. The reality of it is we never got going that season till he was dropped for Mark Millar and was then and forever will be that cult player for some.......good luck tho.

The major black mark? What about him failing spectacularly to get us promoted from the worst 1st Division ever? His utter failure to use the little bit of support he got from the Board in January to sign a couple of players to get us over the line? Oh and let's not forget him throwing away a 3 goal lead in a national semi final because he was too arrogant to allow Alex Smith input on the day!

Holt was a waste of a year IMO

Be stupid going to Celtic at this stage where he'll only rot in their youth teams and reserves. Stick with Falkirk and there's a track record of youths getting their chance and the big move later on.

They wouldn't have been Celtic scouts because they said he's better than anything they've got in the first team.

The major black mark? What about him failing spectacularly to get us promoted from the worst 1st Division ever? His utter failure to use the little bit of support he got from the Board in January to sign a couple of players to get us over the line? Oh and let's not forget him throwing away a 3 goal lead in a national semi final because he was too arrogant to allow Alex Smith input on the day!

Holt was a waste of a year IMO

Im sure statistically the season St Johnstone went up was the worst 1st division ever but in our time back, I would probably go for the season Dunfermline went up as the worst in our recent time down here. We managed to finish 3rd with losing a third of our games with a budget probably higher than some clubs in the SPL

So last season, where we finished with our highest point total since being relegated, a goal difference of +26, still in the race for the title on the last day and for me gave me the greatest celebration I have seen at the TFS in the play off QOS game was a waste of a year.....sorry but I'm not on the same hymn sheet.

If you preferred the previous seasons since relegation with 50 odd points, into double figures in each season with games lost, +4, +5, +16, end of season goal differences.....then that's up to you

The league cup, yep was the numbest I will ever feel after a game and numerous points and factors how or why but two points I will say is that if Taylor had scored the one on one and made it 4-0 it was game over, sounds ludicrous to say that though. The other point aimed at the Alex Smith point, I very much doubt we wouldve been 3-0 up with Alex Smith in charge, Holt was very much an attack first policy which I very much enjoyed last season

My original point tho was on Olu and to this day it still rankles with me that signing

Guest Back Post Misses

Im sure statistically the season St Johnstone went up was the worst 1st division ever but in our time back, I would probably go for the season Dunfermline went up as the worst in our recent time down here. We managed to finish 3rd with losing a third of our games with a budget probably higher than some clubs in the SPL

So last season, where we finished with our highest point total since being relegated, a goal difference of +26, still in the race for the title on the last day and for me gave me the greatest celebration I have seen at the TFS in the play off QOS game was a waste of a year.....sorry but I'm not on the same hymn sheet.

If you preferred the previous seasons since relegation with 50 odd points, into double figures in each season with games lost, +4, +5, +16, end of season goal differences.....then that's up to you

The league cup, yep was the numbest I will ever feel after a game and numerous points and factors how or why but two points I will say is that if Taylor had scored the one on one and made it 4-0 it was game over, sounds ludicrous to say that though. The other point aimed at the Alex Smith point, I very much doubt we wouldve been 3-0 up with Alex Smith in charge, Holt was very much an attack first policy which I very much enjoyed last season

My original point tho was on Olu and to this day it still rankles with me that signing

Oh we would have been 3-0 as Alex Smith picked the side. We had won 5 games on the trot before that game with Alex in charge. He should have been given the reigns that day and Holt should have had the grace to sit in the stand and have an input if he felt it was appropriate.

We went top of the league after beating Dundee and Holt is the reason we are still in this league and well as failing to get to a national cup final because of his arrogance.

Thank fcuk he will never darken our door again. Kilmarnock will be fools if they give him Alan Johnston's job.

It was a wasted year for me. What happened before Holt got the job was pretty much wasted time too.

Oh we would have been 3-0 as Alex Smith picked the side. We had won 5 games on the trot before that game with Alex in charge. He should have been given the reigns that day and Holt should have had the grace to sit in the stand and have an input if he felt it was appropriate.

We went top of the league after beating Dundee and Holt is the reason we are still in this league and well as failing to get to a national cup final because of his arrogance.

Thank fcuk he will never darken our door again. Kilmarnock will be fools if they give him Alan Johnston's job.

It was a wasted year for me. What happened before Holt got the job was pretty much wasted time too.

It was 4 wins against the two teams who got relegated, Cowdenbeath who finished 3rd bottom and a Livvy team who were on the slide winning only 2 games in the last 10 of that season which for me doesnt represent a fair response that we would have been 3-0 up at half time against SPL opposition considering we got beat of Morton and Hamilton under Smith.

Stats prove that last season was our best season in this division since our relegation but if you prefered losing 10, 12 ,13 games a season, being plus 4,5 and 16 in goals and being 12,17,25pts of the top compared to losing 8 games 66pts, +26 GD and being 3pts of the top, well thats your prerogative....

Edited by MrDust