The Falkirk FC Thread

Sean Welsh has the cigars out most weeks.
He didn't look great for us but if I remember correctly he was coming off a really bad injury that had kept him out for a long while. I remember Thistle fans saying that if he was fit he'd have been a great signing so I'm not too surprised he's done well for you.

Just now, ilostmyself said:
9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He didn't look great for us but if I remember correctly he was coming off a really bad injury that had kept him out for a long while. I remember Thistle fans saying that if he was fit he'd have been a great signing so I'm not too surprised he's done well for you.

He's in his 3rd season with us now and this is the first where he hasn't been out for half of it.  He's got create composure, always keeps the play ticking over, and always tries to drive forward.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How very stereotypical of you, not all old people smoke cigars. He was absolutely useless with us and I can't say I've ever been impressed with him anywhere else he's been. 18 games 0 goals and 0 assists in the league pretty much sums up his calibre. I watched him miss a sitter of a header against Raith the other month and it reminded me how awful he was.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

How very stereotypical of you, not all old people smoke cigars. He was absolutely useless with us and I can't say I've ever been impressed with him anywhere else he's been. 18 games 0 goals and 0 assists in the league pretty much sums up his calibre. I watched him miss a sitter of a header against Raith the other month and it reminded me how awful he was.

Thistle and The Caley fans rate him highly, then there's Falkirk, where he played in one of the worst sides I've ever seen in 2018. 

Yeah, he was the problem.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Thistle and The Caley fans rate him highly, then there's Falkirk, where he played in one of the worst sides I've ever seen in 2018. 

At no point did I say he was the problem but he 100% wasn't any sort of solution. I have no doubt he'll sit in the middle of the park looking pretty with his new hair passing sideways everytime but he'll never actually make anything happen. He's been unlucky with injuries throughout his career so i'll cut him a bit of slack but he's not a good player at all. 

3:52 in if you are interested. Edge of the six yard box, no-one challenging him. Off the post.

Edited by FFC 1876

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's probably the problem. He's not a player you'd but in a team fighting relegation or a team in a title race. Stick him at some mid-table team without the pressure and he'll be tidy on the ball. He never looked like he had the heart for a battle though.

Just now, CC52 FFC said:

There have been a few players who I thought are quite poor players but have went to ICT and actually play quite well. You have to give credit to Robertson for that. 

Are they actually playing well though or do Inverness fans just have a lot lower standards than us? Todorov and Jordan White are prime examples bang average/shite players yet The Scarf thinks they are prime Ronaldo.

😂

We’ve played at the same or a higher level than Falkirk for all but one season since 2004. We’ve also won the cup.  Our ‘standards’ of what we expect from our players are just fine thanks.

Edit - since 1999!

Edited by TheScarf

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

😂

We’ve played at the same or a higher level than Falkirk for all but one season since 2004. We’ve also won the cup.  Our ‘standards’ of what we expect from our players are just fine thanks.

Edit - since 1999!

Other than Christie and at a stretch Johnny Hayes I couldn't name you a single player to have came out of Inverness that went on to bigger and better things. You've always been blessed with absolute jobbers that keep you where you are but never actually improve hence why I believe whenever a bog standard player like Todorov, White or Welsh comes along you cream your knickers and over emphasise how well they play.

Edited by FFC 1876

Todorov was never really given a run in our team tbf, 1 start and 6 sub appearances and 3rd/4th choice during his time here. Same for Welsh really, 7 starts and 4 sub appearances. Both looked your average Championship standard players. I wouldn't regret that we let either of them go but they're both clearly better than what we've got currently.

As for Jordan White, he was shite, but still a young player. Probably only 20 or 21 when he left us, dropped down the leagues initially but has gone on to have a decent career. Fair play to the guy

Guest Peter LaFleur
58 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Other than Christie and at a stretch Johnny Hayes I couldn't name you a single player to have came out of Inverness that went on to bigger and better things. You've always been blessed with absolute jobbers that keep you where you are but never actually improve hence why I believe whenever a bog standard player like Todorov, White or Welsh comes along you cream your knickers and over emphasise how well they play.

Without even thinking about it - Barry Robson? Graeme Shinnie? Marley Watkins?

Edited by Peter LaFleur