The Falkirk FC Thread

Genuine question, no wind up intended, is Loy good enough for the Premier?

With Falkirks last few top notch strikers, being Farid and Lyle Taylor, I've recognised they were exceptional at this level. For some reason Loy just strikes me as the type of player that 'fits' at a certain club. There's probably a case for saying Farid fits that profile more than Loy but just a question I wanted to pose to Falkirk fans.

He is a huffy shite but a bloody good player,just for the love of god take the penalty taking off him

With Falkirks last few top notch strikers, being Farid and Lyle Taylor, I've recognised they were exceptional at this level. For some reason Loy just strikes me as the type of player that 'fits' at a certain club. There's probably a case for saying Farid fits that profile more than Loy but just a question I wanted to pose to Falkirk fans.

Loy isn't so much a striker, he's like to play deeper or wider. Technically he's very good. Could be part of a deadly partnership if you find the right strike partner

Edited by nowthennowthen

Guest Back Post Misses

Not convinced he would make a huge impact in the top league. He is a top of the Championship bottom of Premiership player IMO. Craig Sibbald? Now thats a different matter.......

Genuine question, no wind up intended, is Loy good enough for the Premier? .

Easily if played as one of a two, the SPL is full of failed in England and foreign pish that would struggle to do a job in the championship.

There isn't currently a striker in the SPL that is wow, not suggesting Loy is that wow here, just he'd fit in no problem.

I'm hoping tho yesterdays performance v Hearts has given Hearts food for thought, he deserves a better move than Hamilton at the end of the season of course....

I think if played right (with a strike partner rather than up on his own) then there's no reason Loy couldn't make the step up tbh.

He's a good striker but a fantastic footballer. He's occasionally too selfish and he's not great at penalties but his positives more than outweigh the negatives. He's such an intelligent footballer and links up superbly with midfield, his workrate is exceptional and if given a chance in the box more often than not he'll take it. Though he is prone to the odd dive.

We seem to have struck a good balance just now with him, Baird and Sibbald all linking up well and between them created near enough every chance we had yesterday.

Id definetly out of our 3 strikers (Loy, farid and Taylor) that Loy is the best of the 3. Comfortably too good for this level IMO.

David Smith is currently sitting behind me in Burger King, Cumbernauld.

*returns to shitey diddy team forum*

I'm surprised you recognise him tbh I'm pretty sure I could walk past him in the street without recognising him.

He's absolutely fucking shite tbf. Rakish Bingham level of shiteness IMO.

What price do Falkirk fans think Loy is worth and what do you think the club will let him go for? We are in need of some one like him to get top six.

I think the £25k was very cheeky of Accies.

I think the club would accept 100k+ if it was this time last year however with the McGrandles cash plus Kingsley cash aswell we do not need to sell.

I think Loy will see the season out with us and review his options once he knows if we can go up or not.

What price do Falkirk fans think Loy is worth and what do you think the club will let him go for? We are in need of some one like him to get top six.

I think the £25k was very cheeky of Accies.

I think it would probably take a stupid bid to take him away in this window. With him we've got an excellent chance of finishing 3rd or 4th but without him I can see us losing out to Queens.

So it probably depends on the prize fund for finishing 3-5th and how much the club thinks the play offs would bring in but at a guess id say we'd deal at about £100k?

That's the number I was thinking, don't know if we will offer that un less A club comes back in for Hendrie. The £2m would have been nice and way way over priced.

How do you rate Loy, did not score against accies last year and don't remember him much.

That's the number I was thinking, don't know if we will offer that un less A club comes back in for Hendrie. The £2m would have been nice and way way over priced.

How do you rate Loy, did not score against accies last year and don't remember him much.

Best striker ive seen in a long time. His work rate is his best attribute and as said before he can be greedy at times.

At the start of the season he was isolated up top and had to drop deep just to get the ball and then the box would be empty by time it came to get it in the box. He needs a partner beside him and Baird seems to compliment him very well.

If West Ham rated Hendrie at £2million i would want that for Loy, no joke.

David Smith is now sitting near me in Cumbernauld McDonald's. #baller

The only reason I can recognise him is because I went to school with him, and my school only had 400 odd people in it but, at least you can't blame his fantastic diet for him being pish.

Disclaimer: I'm an unhealthy dick which is my reasoning for two fast food meals.