Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm always surprised there are folk who don't expect SA to get get something back for his up front investment here.  Suspect £80k a year is far less than we'd be paying for a bank loan.  

Whilst I don’t disagree with that, I think it’s more to do with the suggestion at the time that it was some sort of gift to the club.....

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

There's yer man Jordan Shite finally finding himself a barrel of fannies he could score in. 

As for the Staggies beating Celtic? Not as if they haven't done that already this season.

Jordan Shite indeed, yet I'd wager he would walk into our current rabble. Which kind of highlights the wider point I'm making.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Whilst I don’t disagree with that, I think it’s more to do with the suggestion at the time that it was some sort of gift to the club.....

As you’ve stated It’s simply depends on what people deem as a gift, high interest bank rates or an agreed rate with the club. 

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

My phone just rang with the Amarillo ringtone, which made me sad.

I miss the football. 

Not been on here in ages...feel a total disconnect with football the now. Used to watch pretty much everything the club posted but even fallen away from doing that. 

Watch English football every now and again but don't have the intense feelings I get when I watch Falkirk. 

54 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As you’ve stated It’s simply depends on what people deem as a gift, high interest bank rates or an agreed rate with the club. 

Has anyone ever cleared up for good whether it's an indefinite lease situation or are the club actually paying the cost off? 

18 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

There's yer man Yogi beating the Scottish champions there with Ross County tonight, just over a year after literally offering himself for the Falkirk job in League One. Concurrently, we're stuck on our arse staring at a third year in a row in the third tier with Tweedledum and Tweedledee in charge ("BuT ThEy HaVe FaLkIrK BloOd" and the maws love them etc etc) debating the intricacies of whether we really deserved 150k or 500k from the Scottish Government and waiting to be told if and when we can play again. 

I know there's a much larger story and the happy clappers on here are keen to remind us all that we can't change the past, but the scale to which our club has been mismanaged and where we sit at the moment is an absolute obscenity.

Aye let's sign Jordan White as well cos he scored against a shite celtic team. 

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Has anyone ever cleared up for good whether it's an indefinite lease situation or are the club actually paying the cost off? 

I'm sure it was to pay off the cost. Adamant I seen a date written down somewhere before. Possibly a previous seasons accounts. 

7 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'm always surprised there are folk who don't expect SA to get get something back for his up front investment here.  Suspect £80k a year is far less than we'd be paying for a bank loan.  

Depends on the terms of a the loan/mortgage but regardless of that if we were repaying a loan at least it would have a final payment where we would eventually own the thing. At the moment it’s 80k a year rent down the toilet for a stand we can’t and don’t use. Would have been a nice gestures from super fan to maybe give the club he supports few months rent holiday during covid times where the stand has no use.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I think the winds of lockdown easing are blowing and we're going to see rules getting relaxed across the board.

Which of course means the SFA/SPFL will shut us down.

31 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I think the winds of lockdown easing are blowing and we're going to see rules getting relaxed across the board.

Which of course means the SFA/SPFL will shut us down.

FM is spelling out Scotland’s road map tomorrow, lid nailed down probably.....

With a bank loan we would own the asset. It is a rent. I assume you know the difference ?

FM is spelling out Scotland’s road map tomorrow, lid nailed down probably.....

I heard on Friday the complete opposite that I had heard the week before that it will start again. Who fucking knows now

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I'm sure it was to pay off the cost. Adamant I seen a date written down somewhere before. Possibly a previous seasons accounts. 

adam ant 80s GIF

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

adam ant 80s GIF

Let's get back to playing and winning League One thus becoming kings of the wild frontier.

It is dog eat dog though.

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

The amount of knowledge of Adam and the Ants hits on here is worrying.....

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.