The Falkirk FC Thread

I only managed the first half with Leitch & Francis competing for the worst player on the park. Should have been 3-0 at ht so i'll take 3-0 at full time. Tuesday is all that matters. Hopefully Dowds hasn't got a bad one as if he has that screws our 2 up top.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The COYB arseholes are out in force on the clubs Facebook page tonight.

Some of the sycophantic pish would make you spew.

I haven't been back there after they all ganged up on me for suggesting Mark Campbell was a conman.

In times past fans who loved the club protested and saved us from the likes of the Deans and John Lambie. THE TOWN WITH NO PITY was the headline in one newspaper with pictures of the baying mob outside Brockville waiting to tell Lambie what they thought of him. Fast forward to today with these clueless blind happy clapping idiots on COYB - it's like the polar opposite.    

5 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

An utter disgrace tonight.  43 shots to 0 are the worst stats I think I've ever seen.  Completely agree with @Craig1876 that we should be playing our strongest XI every game and preferably our real strongest XI too, not the M&M version.  

Yes, its highly probable Celtic would have beaten us anyway and possibly by 3 nil or more but its completely unacceptable and disrespectful to the fans to be starting players like Leitch, Sammon, Miller, Mercer and Francis and to go to any ground in Scotland and concede a shot on goal every 2mins.  

To be joking around on the touchline while this is going on is the final straw for me.  M&M have to go.  

I cannot think of a worse set of stats either, as someone else said at least San Marino have a shot. That's an utter embarrassment and a insult to past Falkirk teams who have taken on & beat Celtic or at least had a go. We used to be known as an attacking team with flair players.

I didn't want to get through to play Celtic but since we did at least have a shot on goal or else what's the point.

It was painful for me thinking about any neutrals who might have tuned in and hadn't seen Falkirk for a while & must have thought Jesus what the hell happened to them.

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

Francis isn't a good player but his two assists IIRC came from him playing as a left sided attacker.

Why the f**k was he playing as a right wing back last night? 

He’s had one assist from each side. I don’t think he’s any footed so it’s a lottery which side to play him. He’s howling and along with Sammon and Leitch shouldn’t play for the club again.

Guest Ecosse83

I was tempted to go into the coyb Facebook page there but feck that I’d get banned within 10 minutes 

Last night was as embarrassing a performance I’ve ever seen 42 shots to our zero what the actual f**k 😡. Miller roaring with laughter at Keena leaving a face mask on sums us up right now, it feels like a bloody boys club!

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I was tempted to go into the coyb Facebook page there but feck that I’d get banned within 10 minutes 

Last night was as embarrassing a performance I’ve ever seen 42 shots to our zero what the actual f**k 😡. Miller roaring with laughter at Keena leaving a face mask on sums us up right now, it feels like a bloody boys club!

Aye the lack of professionalism within the clubs reeks of an after school club. I’ve been against the management team for a while now but wee things like that with Keena actually really piss me off. The worst for me is our Twitter feeds meme when we scrape a win against a part time side and have a pic of our management team pose looking like a pair of fucking clowns who have just won a tenner on a scratch card.

Last night, where the defeat was anticipated goes down as a sad night for Falkirk FC.  We all know getting out of league one is the priority. Irrespective of what 11 we picked, due to resting players for Tuesday match at Airdrie, you would think in 90 minutes we would have mustered up a few attacks and at least had a shot at goal from somewhere. No other team in Scottish Football wouldn’t at least have had a few attacks, shots. 

What did become clear is that McLelland and Nelson should be in the first 11 and Leitch, Miller, Mercer, Sammon and Francis, should never start a game again and only get on the park as a last resort. 

Hypothetically, if fans had been allowed to attend last night, and we planned on playing that team, do you think the club would have had the decency to say, “ Don’t bother going guys and spending your admission money, we just want this game out the way and we won’t be trying a leg” ? No, cos they don’t give a monkeys.

This coming week is crunch time for the management duo, in the matches v Airdrie and Clyde ( It had to be these two teams )

Part A of their plan is passed, all the players they wanted rested, got their rest apart from a couple who played a few minutes and jogged about. 

Airdrie Tuesday.  They must go their and go all out to win. No playing one up front. No slow, tippy tippy tempo from the start.

Clyde Saturday. These Clyde players will hopefully be knackered by then, there should be no excuses for not being able to win that game to at home.

Anything less than 6 points this week and the management team have to go. The interview with McCracken after the Dumbarton game is abysmal, clearly a clueless man, and some of the others with Miller are equally as bad when praising performances as brilliant, when clearly they were not, even though we may have won.

Edited by NUMBER 7

I think the biggest slap in the face is when you constantly here the media - BBC Scotland and Premier Sports last night say we are a big club and should be in the top flight. We couldn’t be any further away from the top flight if we tried. We look like a team about to bottle promotion from the third tier. If that were to happen it would be unforgivable IMO considering the leads we’ve had this year.

43 minutes ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

Francis isn't a good player but his two assists IIRC came from him playing as a left sided attacker.

Why the f**k was he playing as a right wing back last night? 

His assist for Dowds goal against Dumbarton came from the right wing.

Another thing. The management team bang on about players needing to get “ minutes in the tank”, so if Connelly was on the bench for Dumbarton, where was he last night ?  Would that not have been an ideal opportunity to give him a bit of a game, and he might have been an option to get us up the park. Or has he broken down again ?

9 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

An utter disgrace tonight.  43 shots to 0 are the worst stats I think I've ever seen.  Completely agree with @Craig1876 that we should be playing our strongest XI every game and preferably our real strongest XI too, not the M&M version.  

Yes, its highly probable Celtic would have beaten us anyway and possibly by 3 nil or more but its completely unacceptable and disrespectful to the fans to be starting players like Leitch, Sammon, Miller, Mercer and Francis and to go to any ground in Scotland and concede a shot on goal every 2mins.  

To be joking around on the touchline while this is going on is the final straw for me.  M&M have to go.  

You’ve nailed it. The majority of us realised that tactically M&M are clueless and expect their negative tactics however last night was a new low. Not even 1 shot OFF Target whereas they had 42 shots ?? It was like something from the old Boys Brigade League and we are the poor c***s that played the part of 1st Grangemouth.

The laughing and joking on the touch line was also a disgrace. That’s people that have no respect for us and also no desire to win that game.

Get them all to f**k.

Liverpool were winning League’s and European Cups playing 55 plus games with 14 players ffs. We hadn’t played in two and a half months and are “resting” players. Give me a break. Our ahem, Sporting Director must be going along with it too. As I stated earlier, they are on a combined £145k plus package. You can’t get in our dugout for backroom staff. We got to a Cup Final with Alex Totten, Walter Kidd and the physio Bob McCallum in it, that was your lot. We have a Chairman (another MSG appointee) who runs around like Lord Brockville who would have needed a map and a compass to find Parkhead last night.  Martin Ritchie has been around 23-years and still a major influence, everything has a shelf life, do the decent thing and sell at least the majority of your shares and let’s see where the Rawlins take us. Personally I’m sick of it. 

Completely agree, didn’t watch last night and tbh considering not watching anymore football until we’re allowed back,
Unless your one of the arse cheeks or a light blue mancurian it’s about exciting as watching paint dry.
Fans are the lifeblood of football and without them many managers including our two are getting away with murder.
Negative tactics, teams set up not to lose rather than win, and the Dumbarton game just highlighted the poor decision making from our two, one up front until we fall behind and then we tactically change to two up front.

FFS it’s was Dumbarton we were playing and like most games weve started with this formation.
As stated by many don’t see enough to suggest we can get over the line and get out of this hell hole....

Your beloved Chairman had the chance to empty these two. Instead they get a pay rise.

He then brings in the Managers Coach and it gets even worse.

Club needs a clearout

A bit like that megalomaniac Salmond, it appears the draw of (localised) fame and perceived power prohibits certain board members from accepting their collective times are up. 

Too many sycophants have been allowed to ponce about the new stadium with their club ties on behaving like those with designated parking bays at the local golf club! 

Yes, it was all a lot simpler in the Brockville days but that was a time  when you talked about seeing a player up the toon like you'd just witnessed some media superstar. We have board members more recognisable than players now. 

We are currently in the midst of the clubs longest ever continuous period outside the top flight and show no sign of changing that fact any time soon. 

When you realise Inverness, kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers, Ross County, St Mirren and St Johnstone have all won national cups in the last 50 years, it sums up just how poorly we've performed in that lengthy spell. 

Yes, we are a middle ranking provincial club but the potential has never been realised. Unfortunately, an acceptance of mediocrity has overtaken the club. 

Have to say I am absolutely scunnered with the whole thing. I hadn't bought a season ticket for 2 seasons and was pretty much resigned to the fact that was it for me until the MSG got to f**k. Stupidly when the Rawlings investment was voted in I gave them my money thinking change was happening. It isn't we are an absolute mess of a club, the two jokers running the club and the two jokers running the team have ended it for me.

MSG GTF i salute you for your resilliance to what is going on at our club. I will be back in your camp next season, they won't be getting another penny from me until real change happens.

That last night is just not acceptable from a so called professional football club. There are junior clubs that are run better and would have had more of a go at Parkhead than we did.