Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

I hope we get to finish the season, partly for selfish reasons.  I bought a virtual half season ticket for £99 and all I've got for it so far is a 0-0 draw with Partick.  Sums up my life really.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I hope we get to finish the season, partly for selfish reasons.  I bought a virtual half season ticket for £99 and all I've got for it so far is a 0-0 draw with Partick.  Sums up my life really.

 

 

That's nothing. Back in April or May when Dave started his quizzes, I won the first one!

My (fantastic) prize was hospitality for two at the first game back with a crowd - I think it will be getting on for 18 months between me winning it and redeeming it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be worse you could have been one of the unlucky b*****ds that won one of his t-shirts. 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pressley linked with the Killie job in the papers this morning. How does someone with such a dreadful managerial record still get linked with jobs like that. Should be lucky to get a job with the likes of brechin on his past managerial stints.  I'm sure first thing he'd say is I promise you we will not go down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pressley linked with the Killie job in the papers this morning. How does someone with such a dreadful managerial record still get linked with jobs like that. Should be lucky to get a job with the likes of brechin on his past managerial stints.  I'm sure first thing he'd say is I promise you we will not go down.

I heard that his presentation for our DOF job was top- class.

The old saying ‘fur coat nae drawers’ comes to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I heard that his presentation for our DOF job was top- class.

The old saying ‘fur coat nae drawers’ comes to mind.

Definitely. He talks a good game but nae product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I heard that his presentation for our DOF job was top- class.

The old saying ‘fur coat nae drawers’ comes to mind.

It’s all about ‘Kaizen’ 🤦🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2021 at 19:36, Back Post Misses said:

I am starting to think that training will resume mid month. The announcement on schools is an indication that restrictions are going to start to lift. 🤞

Some full time players are still training together 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking through some old pics and found this...as Arthur Montford would have described it, a "stramash" at Tannadice.😂

PCreggvDUtd2.jpg

PCreggvDUtd.jpg

PCreggvDUtd3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Looking through some old pics and found this...as Arthur Montford would have described it, a "stramash" at Tannadice.😂

PCreggvDUtd2.jpg

PCreggvDUtd.jpg

PCreggvDUtd3.jpg

Imagine Padge being the Falkirk player to be involved in a scrap?! 

Question: is that McCracken next to Gow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having a think this morning if we are going to play most Tuesday night’s to complete the season will this give a greater benefit to the full time teams? Surely the part time teams would start to feel the effects of working all the week and then also training nights and two games on top of that. I appreciate a lot of them may be working from so it might not be a massive difference but we should start to see the difference between full time and part time teams. 

Edited by CC52 FFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I was having a think this morning if we are going to play most Tuesday night’s to complete the season will this give a greater benefit to the full time teams? Surely the part time teams would start to feel the effects of working all the week and then also training nights and two games on top of that. I appreciate a lot of them may be working from so it might not be a massive difference but we should start to see the difference between full time and part time teams. 

Most part time teams have looked fitter than us in League 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I was having a think this morning if we are going to play most Tuesday night’s to complete the season will this give a greater benefit to the full time teams? Surely the part time teams would start to feel the effects of working all the week and then also training nights and two games on top of that. I appreciate a lot of them may be working from so it might not be a massive difference but we should start to see the difference between full time and part time teams. 

its bound to have some effect although I know if I was a player I'd rather have a game to look forward to instead of a trainign session. I assume most teams will just drop a night of training. They might pick up a few more injuries as you can't quite tone down your level performance during a match in the same way you can have a "light" training session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

Most part time teams have looked fitter than us in League 1.

I've thought that all season. We look so flat in everything we do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big question is, of course: Will Aidan Keena be fit for any proposed restart? A lot of Bairns seem to be pinning their hopes on him, for some reason.

Also, there is not one snowball's chance in hell of Sammon being up for 2 games a week (& a few others as well). Anything other than an 18 game season would be madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Imagine Padge being the Falkirk player to be involved in a scrap?! 

Question: is that McCracken next to Gow?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Most part time teams have looked fitter than us in League 1.

Agree, we’ve looked woefully short of fitness in most games, we should be running over part time teams so hopefully this is addressed. I see Connolly was fit but has now picked up another injury, shame as fully fit he’s looked a decent player. As commented Keena is seen by many as our saviour, just hope he hits the ground running...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Definitely. He talks a good game but nae product.

I would have preferred Presley as DOF - good eye for a player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...