The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Someone on radio today was saying that Boyce from Hearts is the only player in the Championship into double figures for goals.

he is with 11 goals. Ayo Obileye and Connor Shields are next with 9 each 

It's not a great year for quality strikers in the championship. When you see dross like Osman sow and todarov in the list you know it's a shite year Don't think McManus has ever hit double figures in the championship. 

Having a good laugh at the dreadful attempts at marking by Paul Watson. Big Ashcroft is having an absolute field day against him.  No.surprise he's now shat it and gone off. He was having a shocker.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Tiffoney is a cracking signing for them. I expect them to go on a run now.

Another livie player that would've done a cracking job for us. Da vita apart who.was complete dross you do wonder whether miller can be at all arsed using his contacts there.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Another livie player that would've done a cracking job for us. Da vita apart who.was complete dross you do wonder whether miller can be at all arsed using his contacts there.

Let’s not forget Holt. Manager there 4 months ago ffs. Doesn’t bode well at all for me that McCall was able to outmaneuver the 2 of them in getting tiffoney. 

Just now, bairn88 said:

Let’s not forget Holt. Manager there 4 months ago ffs. Doesn’t bode well at all for me that McCall was able to outmaneuver the 2 of them in getting tiffoney. 

Your correct already forgotten about him.  Incredible . 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Given Holt never played him it could be Tiffoney didn't fancy coming to us.

Going by our track record it's more likely we didn't bother asking.  We seem to be concentrating on signing youth players at the moment. 

Three games back, three wins, six goals, great.  BUT. We haven’t made an abundance of chances or had any of the opponents struggling in any great shape or form. Keena in the two league games has been far too isolated. You can only shitfest results so long. Hope I’m wrong but I think we could be top at 18 games but will fall from that spot by 22 when we need to win against 4 better sides. To win this league at 22 we’ll need to be 6/7 clear at 18.

Edited by NUMBER 7

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Another win is all that mattered yesterday but surely to god we aren't going to play one upfront at home against Dumbarton. Especially when they'll have Sam Ramsbottom in the sticks and a win could take us 8 points ahead. 

Ramsbottom already got dropped yesterday. Which is a shame for Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

We aren’t world beaters by any means but my gut feeling is we are just a tad less shit than the rest of this league.

Let’s not screw up after the split, but I’m not sure any of the next few sides have a winning run in them

Yes, this is probably correct.

We are shit, but the rest of the league are a bit more shit than us.

Time will tell if M&M are the duo to get us a good shot at the Championship next year. I'm not convinced, but in fairness you can only beat what's put in front of you and they've done that more times than any other manager.

Edited by Gaz

Can people please, please, please stop quoting ‘the Brentford Model’ when referring to Hartley’s failed time as our manager.
Brentford bought and sold, to name a few, Watkins, Maupay and Benrahma for c.£70m. They will also likely sell Ivan Toney for c.£40m. This is not what that odious little p***k Hartley done. He bought Lewis, ToE and Dallison, again to name a few, then freed them because they were totally pish. Brentford’s model works, Hartley’s didn’t.
Likening this to what Brentford have and continue to achieve is making me feel physically sick.

It was Campbell who quoted that not fans

The Brentford model was literally what they called it and tried to replicate it. Hartley said as much himself. I'm sure if his signings turned out to be a success then players would have been sold on for some value. Just because it was a failure doesn't mean it wasn't there intentions to copy it! They just didn't have the manager, players or intelligence on the board to implement it!

TBF on Hartley he absolutely was not pushing to bin the Academy.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Another win is all that mattered yesterday but surely to god we aren't going to play one upfront at home against Dumbarton. Especially when they'll have Sam Ramsbottom in the sticks and a win could take us 8 points ahead. 

You could play with no one up front and win at a canter on Tuesday. We barely leave our own half.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You could play with no one up front and win at a canter on Tuesday. We barely leave our own half.

No disrespect intended but our management duo have got to show some intent at some point and that should really start by tying to notch a few against a poor team at home. You boys are surely looking over your shoulders now so I wouldn't imagine that you'll come out playing expansive attacking football, more likely to try to keep it tight to maybe snatch a draw. We've got to be mindful of that and field a team to try to break that down.

We were miles ahead of Forfar and had the chance to turn the screw but opted instead to play keep-ball in the middle, with Keena completely isolated up top. There were a few passages of play through the midfield where I thought, 'brilliant, go for it' but each time we ended back with the ball at Gomis's feet.

We need width for sure so I'd go with a back 3 with Morrison and Deveney as wing-backs.

Mutch

Neilson, Durnan, Dixon

Gomis

Morrison, Alston, Telfer, Deveney

Dowds, Keena 

47 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No disrespect intended but our management duo have got to show some intent at some point and that should really start by tying to notch a few against a poor team at home. You boys are surely looking over your shoulders now so I wouldn't imagine that you'll come out playing expansive attacking football, more likely to try to keep it tight to maybe snatch a draw. We've got to be mindful of that and field a team to try to break that down.

We were miles ahead of Forfar and had the chance to turn the screw but opted instead to play keep-ball in the middle, with Keena completely isolated up top. There were a few passages of play through the midfield where I thought, 'brilliant, go for it' but each time we ended back with the ball at Gomis's feet.

We need width for sure so I'd go with a back 3 with Morrison and Deveney as wing-backs.

Mutch

Neilson, Durnan, Dixon

Gomis

Morrison, Alston, Telfer, Deveney

Dowds, Keena 

Not sure about morrison.at wingback. He's the most creative and dangerous player we have . Last thing i want even against a poorer side is him being at all concerned with the defensive side of the game.

Todorov is fine for the Championship. He’s excellent in the air and can finish well.  Whatever clown you had in charge when you were last in that league clearly didn’t know how to utilise him.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Todorov is fine for the Championship. He’s excellent in the air and can finish well.  Whatever clown you had in charge when you were last in that league clearly didn’t know how to utilise him.

He just doesn't score enough goals for me. Dont think hes ever hit double figures. Does a job middle to bottom of the championship but that's about it. McKinnon didn't play him much and even when he did he didn't do enough to get another start.