Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

Holt won’t be approached by Killie. What has he done in management to attract any suitors? There are far better candidates out there in Robinson and Wright for example who have far bigger credentials.  


Hmm....
IMG_0139.thumb.jpg.61cd8cc82f3069effb3ac27aad609d75.jpg

Incidentally, with the possible exception of Tommy Wright, if these are also some of the best experienced managers available to replace M and M, I think I’ll stick rather than twist....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hmm....
IMG_0139.thumb.jpg.61cd8cc82f3069effb3ac27aad609d75.jpg

Incidentally, with the possible exception of Tommy Wright, if these are also some of the best experienced managers available to replace M and M, I think I’ll stick rather than twist....




FFS you really are smitten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With no football for at least the next month and the high possibility of the season simply shutting down, at least we’ve not had the usual influx of crap we’ve seen in the previous two years during this transfer window.
Looking ahead regardless of how the seasons ends at least we won’t have to many players still in contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's true. But there's also the scary thought of how many will get offered new ones, they gave Gary Miller a two year deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

That's true. But there's also the scary thought of how many will get offered new ones, they gave Gary Miller a two year deal.

I’m sure that the way in which contracts have been previously handled will  be subject to far more scrutiny. No doubt one of Holts remits in conjunction or maybe not with M&M will be to identify who is worthy of keeping and for new recruitments. 
With the season hopefully being allowed to play out in one form or another and we go on to win the league, major changes are required to compete in the championship. With half a million pound already banked by the existing clubs, player recruitment will need to be spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robinson is a decent manager and Adams has done a pretty decent job at Ross county and Plymouth. Bit of a strange guy but a decent record none the less.  

Hard watch the now seeing the likes of Raith and Arbroath bring in some very decent players on loan whilst we sit doing nothing. Mind you knowing our pair we would've brought in a pile of shite anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Robinson is a decent manager and Adams has done a pretty decent job at Ross county and Plymouth. Bit of a strange guy but a decent record none the less.  

Hard watch the now seeing the likes of Raith and Arbroath bring in some very decent players on loan whilst we sit doing nothing. Mind you knowing our pair we would've brought in a pile of shite anyway.

Maybe it’s the shape of things to come with Holt now in. Can’t remember a transfer window where we’ve not had one player in or out. I take this as a positive....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Maybe it’s the shape of things to come with Holt now in. Can’t remember a transfer window where we’ve not had one player in or out. I take this as a positive....

I think the only reason we haven't had any players in or out is because our league has been canned and there is uncertainty as to whether it will restart. I'd be more worried if they were happy to go the rest of the season with this squad.

Edited by wee_bairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I think the only reason we haven't had any players in or out is because our leagues have been canned. I'd be more worried if they were happy to go the rest of the season with this squad.

Agree, would be madness to sign players now with the shutdown.  They couldn't be furloughed and we have no idea when the season will re-start.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now we'll be left scrabbling around the free agents and loanees that every other club wouldn't touch during the transfer window? I very much doubt there's going to be anything better than what we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

So now we'll be left scrabbling around the free agents and loanees that every other club wouldn't touch during the transfer window? I very much doubt there's going to be anything better than what we have. 

It would be a bit silly signing players when we have no idea when or even if our league will re start and for the same reasons we will not be getting players sent to us on loan.

Chronic though we are it should not be asking too much for the current squad to get us over the line assuming the league does re start though it would hardly be a huge shock if they f**k it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a horrific list of managers, I'd love Pressley to go in with the we wont go down line again but why the fuk is he even listed

I will be surprised if any of them on that list gets the gig, Killie tend to go outside the circle of recycled managers and will have someone probably in place for Saturday and get the midweek game with Celtic out of the way.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

What a horrific list of managers, I'd love Pressley to go in with the we wont go down line again but why the fuk is he even listed

I will be surprised if any of them on that list gets the gig, Killie tend to go outside the circle of recycled managers and will have someone probably in place for Saturday and get the midweek game with Celtic out of the way.

 

 

 

Stuart Baxter has suddenly become available I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

So now we'll be left scrabbling around the free agents and loanees that every other club wouldn't touch during the transfer window? I very much doubt there's going to be anything better than what we have. 

Every other club in L1 and L2 in the same boat. But you'll also have Prem/Champ teams with a raft of young players who could be loaned out again if the league gets the nod to restart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Every other club in L1 and L2 in the same boat. But you'll also have Prem/Champ teams with a raft of young players who could be loaned out again if the league gets the nod to restart. 

That doesn't help though if your drawn against a championship or top flight club in the Scottish cup. Can't see how they expect any league one or two club to compete having been unable to sign anyone or play/train for weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That doesn't help though if your drawn against a championship or top flight club in the Scottish cup. Can't see how they expect any league one or two club to compete having been unable to sign anyone or play/train for weeks. 

Not ideal no, but that's likely 1 or 2 games for most clubs in this league, I'm sure they'd find a way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am starting to think that training will resume mid month. The announcement on schools is an indication that restrictions are going to start to lift. 🤞

Rather than relying on Sturgeon to facilitate the start of football, you'd do better to pray to your deity of choice to get the season going again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...