The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Toshney has managed a total of 3 games and a further 3 minutes of one match against Alloa before he got injured again. The guy hasn't played a game in over a year now because of his injury problems. If you do pick him up good luck to you. He did look okay when he featured but unfortunately seems to be made of glass.

I'm sure that's exactly what we said to you guys when he left us. Shame as he is a decent defender.

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Agreed, don't think he put a foot wrong in the little time he played for us. 

Apart from his dreadful penalty against livi in the league cup when he kicked the ground more than the ball. Defensively though he was solid enough when fit.

5 hours ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

FFS - he's now a professional football player, he can't go around saying he's a fan of any club because that may limit his employment opportunities.  He's not saying he isn't a fan of Falkirk is he?

What an unbelievably stupid comment. There's no club that's going to halt signing him because he supports Falkirk 😆 

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Might even work in his favour.

I'd rather we signed someone who supported his local team, than someone with a Fraser Aird type mentality for example.

And how did Fraser Aird go down with the fans when we found out?

2 minutes ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

And how did Fraser Aird go down with the fans when we found out?

Well we always knew he was a Rangers fan.

But the problem is Celtic and Rangers fans tend to indulge in fandan behaviour, because they are generally fandans. Which is exactly what the problem with Aird was.

I'd much rather we signed someone who grew up watching Motherwell or Dundee or Ross County or whoever.

Genuinely can't see how Fotheringham saying he went to Falkirk games when he was younger would harm his future career in any way.

3 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Completely forgot about that. No doubt Ray will snap him up.

There will be a few of our players heading down that road come end of the season hopefully, Durnan, Dixon, Connolly, Sammon, Telfer, will all be on McKinnon's wishlist you'd have to think.

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I’d rather sign literally any boyhood dunfermline fan than some Aird type sectarian sycophant. 

Even then I basically don’t care. 

Yip. and we have a player whom when young wen to the Dunfermline games with his mates and personally it does not matter a bit. He was the navy blue and tries his best and the matters.

The academy issue is getting a bite tiresome now. It happened 2 years ago so move on. The board seem to accepted it was a mistake in hindsight so its better to look forward.
The decision only looks this bad in hindsight - I was at the AGM when Lang and co went into the detail and tried to justify it. You were lucky to see 3 or 4 people question it out of 200 who were in the room - myself included. That very same night, McKinnon got a rapturous applause.
5 months previous to that, hundreds of fans were packing into Elliots, BTW etc to listen to Hartley telling us his new revolutionary plan, most people left those meetings with optimism - myself included. Again, hindsight being key here. 
The academy was already dead by that point since it had been diluted with absolute shite from Stenny and the Shire under the umbrella of FV academy.

Wrong on so many levels this IMO.

The closure of the Academy has set this club back so far it is criminal what has happened.

The “Academy was already dead” is just a comment of ignorance of what was about to come through. We are starting to see that now. Those involved in the Academy would have told you that then and it now being proved right. They also told Ritchie, Alexander, Thomson, Miller etc too and they ignored the “professionals”.

It should not be left. People are still making decisions at the club who were involved at that time. How can anyone trust their decision making and judgement after that is beyond me.

I am also never going to buy the new board is making the calls. The reality now is we have MSG2 and SA and MR will still have a lot of influence. Let’s not forget the EGM statement. “The MSG are going nowhere, so if you are boycotting you won’t be coming to any games soon”.

My last hope now is Rawlins get his arse to Scotland and truest gets us a new start.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Wrong on so many levels this IMO.

The closure of the Academy has set this club back so far it is criminal what has happened.

The “Academy was already dead” is just a comment of ignorance of what was about to come through. We are starting to see that now. Those involved in the Academy would have told you that then and it now being proved right. They also told Ritchie, Alexander, Thomson, Miller etc too and they ignored the “professionals”.

It should not be left. People are still making decisions at the club who were involved at that time. How can anyone trust their decision making and judgement after that is beyond me.

I am also never going to buy the new board is making the calls. The reality now is we have MSG2 and SA and MR will still have a lot of influence. Let’s not forget the EGM statement. “The MSG are going nowhere, so if you are boycotting you won’t be coming to any games soon”.

My last hope now is Rawlins get his arse to Scotland and truest gets us a new start.

If the academy was kept on, we would still in the exact same position we are now as there was nothing at that point thatbwould have prveented relegation. The academy would have been the 1st thing to go to cut costs when the pandemic hit. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

I was pro academy but people wouldn’t have bothered their arse if the ‘brentford model’ had been executed successfully and we were in the Premiership. The academy going isn’t the cause of where we are right now.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Not a case of the academy had kept us up or not, its more then way the academy was bringing in another revenue for player sales, we got lucky with the will vaulks sell on and the Tony Gallagher sale to Liverpool, 

9 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

So would the 16 year olds in the academy have kept us up?

I would argue that they would have made a better go of it than the dross that got us relegated.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

If the academy was kept on, we would still in the exact same position we are now as there was nothing at that point thatbwould have prveented relegation. The academy would have been the 1st thing to go to cut costs when the pandemic hit. 

The fact that we are experiencing a global pandemic several years after the academy shut is hardly an argument for shutting it at the time we did.

18 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

I would argue that they would have made a better go of it than the dross that got us relegated.

The fact that we are experiencing a global pandemic several years after the academy shut is hardly an argument for shutting it at the time we did.

I'm not saying it is an argument. I'm not against an academy. I'm just highlighting that it was a decision that had much more support then than now in hindsight.