The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Somebody mentioned contacting Gary Deans regarding the colts issue. Isn't there a supporter liason officer of some sort? Surely this is exactly the kind of thing they should be utilized for to get the collective views of the fans over to the board.  

Alan Dick, email address on the club website.

Baffled you didn’t know about a player publicly linked with Premiership sides, was in the league 1 team of the year with Stranraer, player of the month awards with Dunfermline yet wanted everybody to be raging at the management team because we never signed Ben Williamson whilst the league was suspended and who had never kicked a ball at senior level [emoji23] 

Bravo

The BBC are absolutely fucking determined to help this go through 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53092366

A heavily slanted article slanted towards the idea that shows a complete lack of understanding of the objections.

Peddling utter pish like - 
there is concern about what allowing them in would do to the integrity of the competition and the baggage large Old Firm travelling supports in particular might bring.
The Supporters Direct Scotland survey - which has only been live for a day - suggests a majority remain unconvinced. Of course, that depends on who you support.
Bloody hell. Where do you start with that?

It finishes with 
A version of this article was first published on the BBC Sport website on 19 June, 2020
Quite. The same recycled crap shat out by shite "journalists".

I would lay my mortgage on Falkirk supporting the idea

I would completely disagree.....

I’m convinced this will happen in the next few years. Possibly not this time.
I don’t think we need the cash desperately enough to commit us to lt but I’m convinced there are plenty of chairmen of smaller clubs open to bribery disguised as democracy.....

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm sure I saw the missing lamps laid out in the South stand this morning. My guess would be that's it easier to install the framework without all of them being fitted. 

By "missing" lamps you mean "new signings" don't you? 😉

And by "install the framework" you mean "sign all relevant documents" don't you?😉 😉

Come on, admit it. 

I’m guessing we’re trying to do it on the cheap tbh.

Rumour was the original lights failed with alarming regularity, and were eye wateringly expensive to fix. I don’t know if what we have now is simply a thinning of the herd, or some new super deluxe “you only need a dozen or so of the beauties, and replacement units are only £30 at CEF”.
We shall soon see (or not).

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Wait and see

Gary Deans is a populist and says whatever he perceives the fans want him to say. 

Not tooo much wrong with that I suppose but the message has to be made clear to him & the BOD that it is not wanted. 

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

The BBC are absolutely fucking determined to help this go through 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53092366

A heavily slanted article slanted towards the idea that shows a complete lack of understanding of the objections.

Peddling utter pish like - 

Bloody hell. Where do you start with that?

It finishes with 

Quite. The same recycled crap shat out by shite "journalists".

Surely using Brentford B as an example of how it works & to back up this plan when they don't actually play in any league is a complete contradiction.

Also BBC Sportsound gave open forum to superdick John Collins who told us the colts inclusion was necessary to develop elite players for Celtic, Rangers & Scotland.......no mention of the lower league clubs.....oh wait there was .......he said the lower leagues should not get a say on what happens in their leagues. Absolute fud.

50 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

By "missing" lamps you mean "new signings" don't you? 😉

And by "install the framework" you mean "sign all relevant documents" don't you?😉 😉

Come on, admit it. 

Lamps surely too old even for us now but is doing feck all since he left Chelsea so who knows.

7 hours ago, realmadrid said:

They won't.  look at the numbers they took to the challenge cup games. 

Firstly they won't play in their home grounds, so even the home support will be poor. They will be at home watching the away games on some stream . Certainly some weeks the first team will play on a Sunday but they will all be at home watching soccer Saturday.

Away games, the first team will be at home most weeks as their games are not selected by Sky so who is going to travel to watch the B team at Peterhead?

So you are judging it on the challenge cup where most attendances shrink massively and is as Mickey mouse as it gets.

I was at a Falkirk v Rangers reserve game in recent years, yes the relevance was reserve league win if results went their way  but there was 2000 or so Rangers fans there.

The home support where they play for ugly sister 1 or 2 is irrelevant, it's what they bring to the away support that is.

Are you telling me that crowds won't multiply by 2,3,4 or more with having ugly sister 1&2 in lower leagues ?

The early novelty will wear of but it would put £s in clubs pot and if it's a vote, previous shown from the majority is that cash is king 

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

So you are judging it on the challenge cup where most attendances shrink massively and is as Mickey mouse as it gets.

I was at a Falkirk v Rangers reserve game in recent years, yes the relevance was reserve league win if results went their way  but there was 2000 or so Rangers fans there.

The home support where they play for ugly sister 1 or 2 is irrelevant, it's what they bring to the away support that is.

Are you telling me that crowds won't multiply by 2,3,4 or more with having ugly sister 1&2 in lower leagues ?

The early novelty will wear of but it would put £s in clubs pot and if it's a vote, previous shown from the majority is that cash is king 

Go and look at the Challenge Cup crowds for their games and get back to us.

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

And what happens when they realise they can't win their leagues, they get no trophies, they're not getting promoted? What happens when they go to see these teams and realise they're less interested in winning games than they are in blooding youngsters?