The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

You could say we are putting the full neilson on the league.

Surely not, m&m must be going for a 5 at the back and shut up shop approach to the rest of this season. Rather than a lets go dominate and attack each game.

• Replies 137.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadwell Dog

• Back Post Misses

• Marshmallo

• Bairnardo

35 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Is Neilson (hoping I've cracked that code correctly) a right back?
If so then it looks like we've tackled our two biggest problems, need pace and creativity for the midfield now.

He's a centre back. Looked very much like an old school defender in the games I seen him play earlier on in the season. He played as the right sided centre back in a back five.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Looks like it might be an 18 game season after all, which would suit us imo.

I make it we'd have the following fixtures left to play:

Montrose (h)

Forfar (a)

Dumbarton (h)

Cove (a)

Peterhead (a)

Clyde (h)

Airdrie (a)

If they're splitting after 18, how could they issue the fixtures after that point?I

Eta, even if it was 5th v 4th etc, they haven't actually announced the format yet.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

He's a centre back. Looked very much like an old school defender in the games I seen him play earlier on in the season. He played as the right sided centre back in a back five.
He has been rb this season. You need one?

Rewatched the falkirk herald training video and training pictures because i'm a sad act. There were 17 outfield players taking part in the possesion training and Aidan Connolly was running round the outside obviously still recovering from his injury. We have 21 players in our outfield squad discluding Lee Miller which means 3 were missing from that training session.

I can't see Kelly, I can't see Mercer and I can't see Laverty. Give Kelly and Mercer are two of our starting defenders this might by why we're bringing in (or rumoured to be bringing in) another defender.

Edited by FFC 1876

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Rewatched the falkirk herald training video and training pictures because i'm a sad act. There were 17 outfield players taking part in the possesion training and Aidan Connolly was running round the outside obviously still recovering from his injury. We have 21 players in our outfield squad discluding Lee Miller which means 3 were missing from that training session.

I can't see Kelly, I can't see Mercer and I can't see Laverty. Give Kelly and Mercer are two of our starting defenders this might by why we're bringing in (or rumoured to be bringing in) another defender.

Still think the main deficiencies lie in the middle-to front areas. Morrison apart, there is a massive lack, make that total absence, of any craft, creativity, drive, guile, pace, invention, all the more so if Connolly is still not fit. A couple of attack minded, final-third players, and a player who has at least half an idea of where the goal is, really would not go amiss, albeit the market for players is now extremely limited.

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Still think the main deficiencies lie in the middle-to front areas. Morrison apart, there is a massive lack, make that total absence, of any craft, creativity, drive, guile, pace, invention, all the more so if Connolly is still not fit. A couple of attack minded, final-third players, and a player who has at least half an idea of where the goal is, really would not go amiss, albeit the market for players is now extremely limited.

Yeah I'm with you there I'd much rather see us bring in a couple of fearless youngsters who just want to get on the ball and make things happen. Bit of legs in the middle of the park would be ideal also as other than Gomis who's only really got 60 minutes in him we're one dimensional in there. If Neilson does come in then I can only assume Kelly or Mercer are out for a bit of time.

Guest Peter LaFleur
25 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

A decent couple of additions 

Is it Fotheringham and Neilson?

6 loans allowed at anyone time I’m sure so at the moment we have Deveny from Killie and McClelland from Rangers. Once the united two are in e have two more to use which should include a keeper I’d imagine.

I'd be looking at a centre forward to come in on loan as well. Zero confidence in Keena staying fit until the end of the season and the rest are not up to the required standard. Hopefully Neilson (if rumours are true) can be a bit of a utility player playing RB, CM or CB when required. Could we loan Nathan Austin and if he currently has a part time job then swap him with Akeel Francis to do that during the week?

Edited by wee_bairn

29 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I'd be looking at a centre forward to come in on loan as well. Zero confidence in Keena staying fit until the end of the season and the rest are not up to the required standard. Hopefully Neilson (if rumours are true) can be a bit of a utility player playing RB, CM or CB when required. Could we loan Nathan Austin and if he currently has a part time job then swap him with Akeel Francis to do that during the week?

The issue we have is our loans are only going to come from another Scottish club. Looking through the strikers within the Scottish leagues there isn't really anyone sticking out as a good signing as if we're bringing one in then it's going to be a youngster who hasn't had any or much first team football and the better ones have already been snapped up. Given we have 5 strikers on the books already I doubt M&M will bring another striker. So if we're not bringing in another striker I'd like to see us bring in an energetic centre midfielder.