The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Need to be a few point clear before the last 2 games otherwise we'll bottle it.

I thought we were doing a good job of it before it stopped, certainly looked like the wheels had well n truly came off against East Fife. With warning signs being there previous to that debacle. I don't have faith in M&M at all to deliver the title but circumstances have dictated they are still here. If season hadnt stopped I don't think they would still be our management team in all honesty. 

Turner, I think, is part of some sort of deal involving a player who went from Airdrie to Dunfermline in January. He was meant to be going back to Airdrie upon the resumption of League 1, but will be staying with the Pars and Turner has now gone there on loan. I haven't seen much of him, but he appears to have been a stand-out at this level before, done fairly well in the Championship and to offer a lot of what we are so badly lacking in the middle of the park. There seems to be some issue at Dunfermline, as he hasn't featured for weeks. On paper, a really good signing for Airdrie though.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I notice mcdaid came on for Dundee tonight. I thought he was on loan at Partick?

Fell through due to our league not playing, went back to Dundee and is  getting a game. Mcpake saying he's now not going anywhere.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Fell through due to our league not playing, went back to Dundee and is  getting a game. Mcpake saying he's now not going anywhere.

Always thought he was pretty mediocre when at Ayr. How Mcpakes still in a job is beyond belief. Must have easily the second biggest budget in that league and yet Dundee are feckin awful.

22 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Turner, I think, is part of some sort of deal involving a player who went from Airdrie to Dunfermline in January. He was meant to be going back to Airdrie upon the resumption of League 1, but will be staying with the Pars and Turner has now gone there on loan. I haven't seen much of him, but he appears to have been a stand-out at this level before, done fairly well in the Championship and to offer a lot of what we are so badly lacking in the middle of the park. There seems to be some issue at Dunfermline, as he hasn't featured for weeks. On paper, a really good signing for Airdrie though.

He’s stalling on a new contract apparently with some premiership clubs after him according to some reports. 

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Never heard of him

I don't know if that was a play on 'any players' but Kyle Turner had 7 goals and 5 assists from centre midfield for Stranraer in league 1 before Dunfermline signed him. He's exactly what we're missing, a bit of legs in the middle of the park.

Edited by FFC 1876

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Always thought he was pretty mediocre when at Ayr. How Mcpakes still in a job is beyond belief. Must have easily the second biggest budget in that league and yet Dundee are feckin awful.

If they don't go up via the playoffs they will be hoping Hamilton come down, and have a last crack at it then. As much as Nelms is firing cash at the likes of Cummings and Adam, you get the feeling he doesn't have the nouse like McGregor when County were down, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dundee hit the admin button again. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

If they don't go up via the playoffs they will be hoping Hamilton come down, and have a last crack at it then. As much as Nelms is firing cash at the likes of Cummings and Adam, you get the feeling he doesn't have the nouse like McGregor when County were down, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dundee hit the admin button again. 

He could fling a fortune at it but when you've got a diddy managing the side it won't make any difference as fine we knowHeHe should've been emptied last season. 

They'll get to the top of league one quickly enough and then you'll have 8 sides playing it out for 3rd place and promotion  every season but with zero chance of winning the league.  Fans will soon get fed up with that and go and do something else on a Saturday.  

I don't know if that was a play on 'any players' but Kyle Turner had 7 goals and 5 assists from centre midfield for Stranraer in league 1 before Dunfermline signed him. He's exactly what we're missing, a bit of legs in the middle of the park.

Sorry for not keeping an eye on Dunfermline or Stranraer. Thanks for the info though