Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I suspect player contracts may be one issue as an example....

Short term extensions like they did in England.......apart from Lyle Taylor that is. 

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Not quite, he’s the guy holding the gun as he knows the they can’t afford to get rid of him.... he’s no daft 

You honestly think Dermott Desmond's Celtic haven't enough spare cash to bullet him? 

12 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

You honestly think Dermott Desmond's Celtic haven't enough spare cash to bullet him? 

Of course he has, they’ve lost an absolute fortune over the past 18 months after a disastrous European campaign and player recruitment, add on Covid and the losses must be mounting, add on severance for firing the manager most likely tips the biscuit tin....

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm sure he'll be a shoo-in when Robertson joins Barca!

At last, somebody that can spell shoo-in! 😋 It must just be us auld codgers that can spell properly.

At last, somebody that can spell shoo-in!  It must just be us auld codgers that can spell properly.

Yep.......and it’s Lawwell, not Lawell........although the whispering classes around Parkhead tend to refer to him as Liewell these days.

In memory of the Fast Show, I’ll get my coat.

21 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

3rd in the league and as you say he helped. Seems to have done nothing of note since mind you. Managing that behemoth of the footballing world Barbados just now.

Applied for, and didn't get the Alloa job. His track record as a manager is poor. Campaign to get him the Falkirk job hinged on him drinking with a few folk in BTW, nowt to do with managerial ability. We dodged a bullet there.

Many of the papers reporting this morning that lockdown is here until spring time. With our FM normally one step in front of the UK gov, it’s probably a given that today she’ll announce more or less the same. Looking like it’s summer footy to see out this season or the dreaded null & void. 

28 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Many of the papers reporting this morning that lockdown is here until spring time. With our FM normally one step in front of the UK gov, it’s probably a given that today she’ll announce more or less the same. Looking like it’s summer footy to see out this season or the dreaded null & void. 

I don’t think it’s necessarily sensible to link coming out of lockdown and the resumption of football.

We were still playing football in Tier 4 areas in November/December which was effectively a lockdown. 

There should be a push to resume games once the numbers reduce to the sort of levels we were seeing when the tier system was introduced, IMO.

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

When did "the optics" replace "how it looks" in the British vocabulary?     

Around the same time people started saying "going forward" instead of "in future" and the ultimate hellish trio; starting sentences with "So...", missing out the s at the end of maths, and using the nonsense word "anyways".

make that hellish trio a hellish quartet; you can add every commentator's new en vogue - "Just about..."  from me.  As in "De Gea just about saved that shot..."  or "United just about saw off the danger..."  etc etc etc.  Feck me, either he effing saved it or he didn't. 

Around the same time people started saying "going forward" instead of "in future" and the ultimate hellish trio; starting sentences with "So...", missing out the s at the end of maths, and using the nonsense word "anyways".

You missed the most irritating of all......we no longer “call” someone, or “talk to” someone. We now “reach out”.
Endless horrible house shows. It’s no longer a “fabulous room”, it’s a “fabulous space”.

A local irritation is when a shop assistant concludes the transaction by saying ‘see you later’ when there is no chance of that happening within a short timespan as would be indicated by using the word ‘later’.

35 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

A local irritation is when a shop assistant concludes the transaction by saying ‘see you later’ when there is no chance of that happening within a short timespan as would be indicated by using the word ‘later’.

I don't understand - why would it happen in a short timescale?  

2 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

make that hellish trio a hellish quartet; you can add every commentator's new en vogue - "Just about..."  from me.  As in "De Gea just about saved that shot..."  or "United just about saw off the danger..."  etc etc etc.  Feck me, either he effing saved it or he didn't. 

You can thank Andy Townsend for that one, Clive.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Describing a golf course as a track!!!

There’s a good Facebook page I’m on - golf courses of Scotland - and whenever someone describes a course as a “fantastic track” I want to be sick