The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Rewatched the falkirk herald training video and training pictures because i'm a sad act. There were 17 outfield players taking part in the possesion training and Aidan Connolly was running round the outside obviously still recovering from his injury. We have 21 players in our outfield squad discluding Lee Miller which means 3 were missing from that training session.

I can't see Kelly, I can't see Mercer and I can't see Laverty. Give Kelly and Mercer are two of our starting defenders this might by why we're bringing in (or rumoured to be bringing in) another defender.

Still think the main deficiencies lie in the middle-to front areas. Morrison apart, there is a massive lack, make that total absence, of any craft, creativity, drive, guile, pace, invention, all the more so if Connolly is still not fit. A couple of attack minded, final-third players, and a player who has at least half an idea of where the goal is, really would not go amiss, albeit the market for players is now extremely limited.

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Still think the main deficiencies lie in the middle-to front areas. Morrison apart, there is a massive lack, make that total absence, of any craft, creativity, drive, guile, pace, invention, all the more so if Connolly is still not fit. A couple of attack minded, final-third players, and a player who has at least half an idea of where the goal is, really would not go amiss, albeit the market for players is now extremely limited.

Yeah I'm with you there I'd much rather see us bring in a couple of fearless youngsters who just want to get on the ball and make things happen. Bit of legs in the middle of the park would be ideal also as other than Gomis who's only really got 60 minutes in him we're one dimensional in there. If Neilson does come in then I can only assume Kelly or Mercer are out for a bit of time.

6 loans allowed at anyone time I’m sure so at the moment we have Deveny from Killie and McClelland from Rangers. Once the united two are in e have two more to use which should include a keeper I’d imagine.

I'd be looking at a centre forward to come in on loan as well. Zero confidence in Keena staying fit until the end of the season and the rest are not up to the required standard. Hopefully Neilson (if rumours are true) can be a bit of a utility player playing RB, CM or CB when required. Could we loan Nathan Austin and if he currently has a part time job then swap him with Akeel Francis to do that during the week?

Edited by wee_bairn

29 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I'd be looking at a centre forward to come in on loan as well. Zero confidence in Keena staying fit until the end of the season and the rest are not up to the required standard. Hopefully Neilson (if rumours are true) can be a bit of a utility player playing RB, CM or CB when required. Could we loan Nathan Austin and if he currently has a part time job then swap him with Akeel Francis to do that during the week?

The issue we have is our loans are only going to come from another Scottish club. Looking through the strikers within the Scottish leagues there isn't really anyone sticking out as a good signing as if we're bringing one in then it's going to be a youngster who hasn't had any or much first team football and the better ones have already been snapped up. Given we have 5 strikers on the books already I doubt M&M will bring another striker. So if we're not bringing in another striker I'd like to see us bring in an energetic centre midfielder. 

37 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

We really are rotten if Nathan Austin is an improvement.

10 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

6 loans allowed at anyone time I’m sure so at the moment we have Deveny from Killie and McClelland from Rangers. Once the united two are in e have two more to use which should include a keeper I’d imagine.

Yeah coz that's our club now, fill half the team full of other club's development players.

Remember when we used to grow our own. Sad when even Alloa have a youth system and we don't. 

What an utter mess that MSG have made of our club, not their club, our club.. Tragic. 

11 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Is deveney still with us? I'd presumed he'd have been punted back to Killie as soon as the league shutdown.

He's an improvement on literally every "striker" we have.

He was a decent striker when he joined us. By the end he was a mess and most were glad to see the back of him.
Definitely had potential. Problem is we could say the same re a number of the players we currently have....