The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why do people get so upset about this? He was assistant manager and caretaker manager there for a short while. He’s spent the vast majority of his time with us and done a decent job while here.
I wish people would stop attacking an elderly and well respected club servant.....

I’m not upset about it at all, just correcting a misconception it is fake. I’m well aware he’s a staunch ***. 

Alex Totten is a great guy.

Produces cash for the club and brought us some great players.

During this lockdown, I’ve enjoyed watching Rangers both domestically and in Europe.

They've done a great job for Scotland as has Celtic in earlier years.

Absolutely no conflict with FFC being No1

Andy Rodgers showing his true colours too and you've got people trying to defend him. Totten's changed his profile picture then quickly realised from the backlash he shouldn't have. Probably one too many whiskey's after the Rangers won yesterday. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Andy Rodgers showing his true colours too and you've got people trying to defend him. Totten's changed his profile picture then quickly realised from the backlash he shouldn't have. Probably one too many whiskey's after the Rangers won yesterday. 

Who is trying to defend Andy Rodgers?
Actually, who cares?....

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's telling folk that he's a Falkirk fan on Twitter and only put that up because he hates Celtic. I feckin hate Celtic too but I wouldn't stick rangers pish up at any time . If your a Falkirk fan it's Falkirk and noone else it's as simple as that.

This

I never really understood supporting more than one team.  I don't support Falkirk for the love of football (just as well I hear everyone say :) ) but because it's where I grew up and memories of my dad taking me to brockville when I was young.  To me it feels like an important fulfilling personal tradition that means a lot to me.  I lived for many years in Nottingham and I went to see Forrest only once because they were not Falkirk.  I now live near Tynecastle but wild horses would not drag me there.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

For the first time that I can remember I feel like walking away from football.

I’ve been going since I was 4 years old, first game in 1978, first with my Papa and my dad, then with my mates and now with my dad and my son. It’s only ever been Falkirk for me - I do appreciate good football but I’ve never been one of those guys that have an English team - not for me sorry.

The events of the weekend have totally sickened me though. The behaviour of Rangers and their fans has been disgusting. What’s worse though is that we all knew this was coming. That’s what these bigots do. However the Scottish Government, Police Scotland, the SPFL and the Scottish Media have basically said  nothing to condone it. They actually had a trial run on the Saturday at Ibrox and still let George Square happen. 

We all like to celebrate our team winning but these are different times. Also, they wrecked benches, broke bottles and sang sectarian songs - is that really appropriate in any celebration ? They think it’s ok to wreck memorial benches because they have set up a Go Fund Page to refund - fucking arseholes.

Rangers and their supporters have been a disgrace for years now. That’s never going to change. People may disagree however every single Rangers fan I know is a bigot - they are not capable of anything else.

There were bigots there with their children - stop for a second and reflect on that - what type of person takes a child to that ? These people are scum.

I’m sure my mindset will change but for now I am sickened by our game.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve been going since I was 4 years old, first game in 1978, first with my Papa and my dad, then with my mates and now with my dad and my son. It’s only ever been Falkirk for me - I do appreciate good football but I’ve never been one of those guys that have an English team - not for me sorry.

The events of the weekend have totally sickened me though. The behaviour of Rangers and their fans has been disgusting. What’s worse though is that we all knew this was coming. That’s what these bigots do. However the Scottish Government, Police Scotland, the SPFL and the Scottish Media have basically said  nothing to condone it. They actually had a trial run on the Saturday at Ibrox and still let George Square happen. 

We all like to celebrate our team winning but these are different times. Also, they wrecked benches, broke bottles and sang sectarian songs - is that really appropriate in any celebration ? They think it’s ok to wreck memorial benches because they have set up a Go Fund Page to refund - fucking arseholes.

Rangers and their supporters have been a disgrace for years now. That’s never going to change. People may disagree however every single Rangers fan I know is a bigot - they are not capable of anything else.

There were bigots there with their children - stop for a second and reflect on that - what type of person takes a child to that ? These people are scum.

Just remember, on the rare occasions when we've beaten either of that Glasgow shite, how good it feels. Being a Falkirk fan, or indeed a fan of any of Scotland's diddies, automatically puts you above them because we'll always be up against more than just 11 players. 

4 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

One thing I’ve learned from this year especially is how can people actually support a team from their sofa permanently? I’m itching to get back to the stadium and to games. I just don’t know how they do it.

I hate watching us on TV. I'm much more nervous than I am when I'm actually there for some reason. Doesn't stop me from tuning in right enough but it's certainly not my favourite form of recreation.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I hate watching us on TV. I'm much more nervous than I am when I'm actually there for some reason. Doesn't stop me from tuning in right enough but it's certainly not my favourite form of recreation.

Kind of agree about the nervousness.

I feel my heart pounding which I don’t get attending games.

As I’ve said earlier the only plus for me is when the weather is freezing cold. I find that hard to cope with at TFS.

We need to get back to normality sooner rather later.

People are not dealing well with this zombie existence.

Why would you walk away from the club you obviously love due to the actions of bigoted halfwit supporters?
Nothing new from the norm with them. Remember Manchester? Remember Hampden (more than once)?
Focus on our own club and be proud to be better than a glory hunting arsecheek.....

Incidentally there’s nothing wrong with having an English team. I’ve been a City supporter since 76 and until this century they were the Falkirk of English football yoyo ing up and down divisions and even struggling in the third tier. I’ve been to lots of Champions league games at the Etihad and even been incredibly fortunate to work with the club for a couple of years over the Mancini era.
Despite all that I can honestly say that not only do I still hanker for the Maine Road days, but if it came down to the choice of going to the Etihad for a Champions League game or Falkirk v Dumbarton on a Tuesday night there’s no question I’d be at TFS every time.
Nothing is more important in football than the team you feel a true part of....

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Incidentally there’s nothing wrong with having an English team. I’ve been a City supporter since 76 and until this century they were the Falkirk of English football yoyo ing up and down divisions and even struggling in the third tier. I’ve been to lots of Champions league games at the Etihad and even been incredibly fortunate to work with the club for a couple of years over the Mancini era.
Despite all that I can honestly say that not only do I still hanker for the Maine Road days, but if it came down to the choice of going to the Etihad for a Champions League game or Falkirk v Dumbarton on a Tuesday night there’s no question I’d be at TFS every time.
Nothing is more important in football than the team you feel a true part of....

That’s a decent summary of how most fans feel about their club, I would say.

I had access to a hospitality box at Old Trafford in my last job and went down to see them against Arsenal and Spurs. The box was right behind one of the Utd singing sections and it really did make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when thousands of them were chanting "Attack. Attack. AttackAttackAttack" as they pushed for an equaliser but I felt nothing for the club and no attachment to them at all. I'm not saying watching us v Clyde is better, but at least it means something to me. 

I used to spend a lot of time down south due to work commitments and had an English team.

Being a glory hunting b*****d my team were...

...Rushden and Diamonds.

Sadly now little more than a pub team and the splendid Nene Park is now a housing estate.