Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

It's been worse than depressing supporting Falkirk over the last 3-years and there's no hope of it getting any better when you consider the people running the club. All Gary Deans seems to do, is say things that Falkirk fans want to hear but he doesn't really have any idea how to get us back to just a decent standard. He makes rotten decisions and there's absolutely no long-term plan. It just looks like we'll continuously buy crap journey-men who we'll release after a year. I just can't see what Gary Holt will offer, I would much rather have Pressley and Jefferies in. They both have a history of bringing excellent players to the Falkirk,  we've let squander an opportunity that we desperately need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MS RR said:

It's been worse than depressing supporting Falkirk over the last 3-years and there's no hope of it getting any better when you consider the people running the club. All Gary Deans seems to do, is say things that Falkirk fans want to hear but he doesn't really have any idea how to get us back to just a decent standard. He makes rotten decisions and there's absolutely no long-term plan. It just looks like we'll continuously buy crap journey-men who we'll release after a year. I just can't see what Gary Holt will offer, I would much rather have Pressley and Jefferies in. They both have a history of bringing excellent players to the Falkirk,  we've let squander an opportunity that we desperately need. 

Someone has started on the gin early today. 

Poor attempt at trolling, must try harder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MS RR said:

It's been worse than depressing supporting Falkirk over the last 3-years and there's no hope of it getting any better when you consider the people running the club. All Gary Deans seems to do, is say things that Falkirk fans want to hear but he doesn't really have any idea how to get us back to just a decent standard. He makes rotten decisions and there's absolutely no long-term plan. It just looks like we'll continuously buy crap journey-men who we'll release after a year. I just can't see what Gary Holt will offer, I would much rather have Pressley and Jefferies in. They both have a history of bringing excellent players to the Falkirk,  we've let squander an opportunity that we desperately need. 

image.gif.69fd6812f76b5cee92b46cd55eb9dd57.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

You honestly believe after the farce of last year we’ll see league reconstruction this time? 

Probably will be. They will have to change it from 4 leagues to 2 as there will be noone else left in business once Doncaster's finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah it was his back. He picked up an injury in September (I think) of his first season with us and just couldn't shake it off. I can't remember the exact details, but I think he had some surgery and it didn't have much of an impact.
I think he now works for Sky or someone and has packed in playing totally. A real shame


He was working with Sky back in April last year. I was renewing my sky deal and he was asking about ways he could save me some money. He asked if I watched the sports, which I told him I did. He asked which sports, when I said football, he asked who I supported. When I said falkirk, he said that he used to play with them. Eventually it clicked with me and we got to chatting about his time there.
He was looking to get into coaching as his head and body just weren’t in the right place anymore to play professionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MS RR said:

It's been worse than depressing supporting Falkirk over the last 3-years and there's no hope of it getting any better when you consider the people running the club. All Gary Deans seems to do, is say things that Falkirk fans want to hear but he doesn't really have any idea how to get us back to just a decent standard. He makes rotten decisions and there's absolutely no long-term plan. It just looks like we'll continuously buy crap journey-men who we'll release after a year. I just can't see what Gary Holt will offer, I would much rather have Pressley and Jefferies in. They both have a history of bringing excellent players to the Falkirk,  we've let squander an opportunity that we desperately need. 

What a utter piece of shite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MS RR said:

It's been worse than depressing supporting Falkirk over the last 3-years and there's no hope of it getting any better when you consider the people running the club. All Gary Deans seems to do, is say things that Falkirk fans want to hear but he doesn't really have any idea how to get us back to just a decent standard. He makes rotten decisions and there's absolutely no long-term plan. It just looks like we'll continuously buy crap journey-men who we'll release after a year. I just can't see what Gary Holt will offer, I would much rather have Pressley and Jefferies in. They both have a history of bringing excellent players to the Falkirk,  we've let squander an opportunity that we desperately need. 

We badly need players like medhi kallis  and Enoch showunmi to get us on the way back to the top flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We badly need players like medhi kallis  and Enoch showunmi to get us on the way back to the top flight.

Farid, Lyle Taylor, Will Vaulks, Mark Millar, Michael Mcgovern, Kallum Higginbotham. Pressley could identify a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You honestly believe after the farce of last year we’ll see league reconstruction this time? 


I am almost sure this is gong to lead to SPL 2, B teams and criteria driven entry to the “professional” top leagues (my guess 20-24 clubs). It may not be this year but it is coming. Finance and pragmatism is driving it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

He was working with Sky back in April last year. I was renewing my sky deal and he was asking about ways he could save me some money. He asked if I watched the sports, which I told him I did. He asked which sports, when I said football, he asked who I supported. When I said falkirk, he said that he used to play with them. Eventually it clicked with me and we got to chatting about his time there.
He was looking to get into coaching as his head and body just weren’t in the right place anymore to play professionally.

 

Rory Loy banging in goals for the Bairns and then saving you money on your Sky renewal. What a guy.

I hope he gets involved in football again. I remember his podcast with Craig Telfer well and he came across as an intelligent and thoroughly decent guy. I could see him being an asset to clubs, be that as a coach or maybe working on the psychological side of sport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Someone has started on the gin early today. 

Poor attempt at trolling, must try harder. 

See the sheer stupidity of some of our fans is unbelievable, do you actually believe Gary Holt is the next coming for Falkirk? I was not a fan of him at all when he was with Falkirk before. Gary Deans is completely clueless, I can't believe anyone has faith in him. 

 

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Farid, Lyle Taylor, Will Vaulks, Mark Millar, Michael Mcgovern, Kallum Higginbotham. Pressley could identify a player.

There's a list of players which highlight Pressley's credentials in player recruitment. But maybe you'd rather the calibre of player we currently have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we seriously suggesting that Pressley didn't recruit better than Holt? I'm afraid Holt found his style when he brought in big Beck and it was hoof ball. He's continued that at Livi and I'm sure he will take it here. Our team is drivel at best atm so we will need a large turnover. Guys like Farid, Vaulks, Leahy and Miller were discovered by Pressley, not to mention all the young players he brought through, which brought money in that effectively saved our club. The football was also probably considerably better than anything we've seen since. The pride you feel when your own youngsters are beating Rangers and making national semi finals can't be beaten by anything, especially not bottling a league title with the best squad in the league by a mile like Holt did. I can understand the hesitance towards Pressley because of his management history after Falkirk, however looking at what he done for us as a manager, I would think a DOF role would suit him perfectly.

Edited by Maverick_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MS RR said:

See the sheer stupidity of some of our fans is unbelievable, do you actually believe Gary Holt is the next coming for Falkirk? I was not a fan of him at all when he was with Falkirk before. Gary Deans is completely clueless, I can't believe anyone has faith in him. 

 

There's a list of players which highlight Pressley's credentials in player recruitment. But maybe you'd rather the calibre of player we currently have. 

I don't think anybody is making Holt out to be some form of saviour however he has excellent credentials based on his involvement in one of the most promising youth set ups in England and a steady career in management (even if relatively short) which would have allowed him the opportunity to form connections will people both north and south of the border.

Pressley is a no go, he has achieved very little and has never left any other managerial role in a good light. You mentioned Jefferies, would this be the same Jefferies that Gary Deans approached regarding the DoF role before he decided to go back to Hearts? 

Gary Deans won't have a magic wand but given what we have seen over the last year he has certainly steadied the ship, attracted substantial external investment and provides transparency that we haven't seen from the club in the last decade. What is so "clueless" about his performance to date? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MS RR said:

See the sheer stupidity of some of our fans is unbelievable, do you actually believe Gary Holt is the next coming for Falkirk? I was not a fan of him at all when he was with Falkirk before. Gary Deans is completely clueless, I can't believe anyone has faith in him. 

 

There's a list of players which highlight Pressley's credentials in player recruitment. But maybe you'd rather the calibre of player we currently have. 

I've got a soft spot for Polmont, having grown up there but you have gone off the deep end my friend.  I have probably seen the same media and print appearances of Gary Deans as you have and if from that you have that very negative opinion of him then you have no judgement when it comes to people.  Also, I agree Gary Holt was not a good manager for us, but to get him now as DoF in the 3rd division is a statement of ambition for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

Are we seriously suggesting that Pressley didn't recruit better than Holt? I'm afraid Holt found his style when he brought in big Beck and it was hoof ball. He's continued that at Livi and I'm sure he will take it here. Our team is drivel at best atm so we will need a large turnover. Guys like Farid, Vaulks, Leahy and Miller were discovered by Pressley, not to mention all the young players he brought through, which brought money in that effectively saved our club. The football was also probably considerably better than anything we've seen since. The pride you feel when your own youngsters are beating Rangers and making national semi finals can't be beaten by anything, especially not bottling a league title with the best squad in the league by a mile like Holt did. I can understand the hesitance towards Pressley because of his management history after Falkirk, however looking at what he done for us as a manager, I would think a DOF role would suit him perfectly.

and where did Pressley's wonderful signings get us over the course of 3 season? 3rd, 3rd and.....3rd. 

Holt also got us 3rd. However he got us to the last game of the season with something to play for. Not saying he was great but he was certainly not a failure and to criticise his style of play is fair enough but to be totally honest it is no worse than what we have been subject to since (excluding 18 months of good football from Houstie's team).

Pressley was forced to use youth. He struck gold when it turned out they were actually half decent and played out their skin for him because that is what you do when you make you break through as a professional. Combinations of this was what gave Pressley a lot more credit than he should have got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What a utter piece of shite. 


Rather than simply dismissing this view as shite, I think I would wait and see what results are delivered. I actually agree with bits of this.

1. GD is very skilled at saying the right things. His only measurable success so far is delivering Rawlins, which I think could be superb for the club and maybe all he needs to do. There have been a good few mistakes to go with this.

2. Gary Holt has had four jobs in football post playing and has walked out on all 4. I was never that keen on him as a manager. Better than Jefferies mind you

3. Pressley for me would have been a better option than Holt IMO but he probably still sees himself as a manager.

We are still in Division 3. The Board nailed their colours to the M&M mast last night saying they are the guys to take us to the Premiership. IMO Holt will have to earn his corn big time for them to be even remotely capable of that on the evidence of the last 15 months.

Holt is now in place and he gets my backing and I hope he turns things around, that extra bit of football knowledge it is most certainly required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

 


Rather than simply dismissing this view as shite, I think I would wait and see what results are delivered. I actually agree with bits of this.

1. GD is very skilled at saying the right things. His only measurable success so far is delivering Rawlins, which I think could be superb for the club and maybe all he needs to do. There have been a good few mistakes to go with this.

2. Gary Holt has had four jobs in football post playing and has walked out on all 4. I was never that keen on him as a manager. Better than Jefferies mind you

3. Pressley for me would have been a better option than Holt IMO but he probably still sees himself as a manager.

We are still in Division 3. The Board nailed their colours to the M&M mast last night saying they are the guys to take us to the Premiership. IMO Holt will have to earn his corn big time for them to be even remotely capable of that on the evidence of the last 15 months.

Holt is now in place and he gets my backing and I hope he turns things around, that extra bit of football knowledge it is most certainly required.

 

Ok, maybe over zealous with it all being utter shite, but its all about opinions.

Let’s not be fooled without GD and the new directors and the Rawlins new investment , our future existence would have been very much at risk. They’ve backed M&M ( who wouldn’t sitting top of the league) but like us know that we have not performed.

M&M will know that delivery of the title will keep their jobs, failure will see then move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Farid, Lyle Taylor, Will Vaulks, Mark Millar, Michael Mcgovern, Kallum Higginbotham. Pressley could identify a player.

We only got 6 months of decent football from higginbottom the rest of the time he was crap. Millar was awful the first season too.There's a list about 3 times longer than that full of utter dross. It was his agent John colqoun at the time that discovered most of the decent ones anyway not Pressley. 

Pressley the guy who fell out with Neil McCann and forced the bod to.give him a generous payoff rather than just run the last few months of his contract out.costing the club a fortune when things were tight as it was.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Falkirk’s policy of meandering around the lower tiers of Scottish football for decades at a time is working out well for them.

Edited by Sortmeout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know who this MS RR chap is, but I would have to say I was one who had reservations about Gary Dean's for as long as the tea and scones committee were in charge, having felt like BPM said, that clever sabre rattling was all we had seen from him.

However, since then, Rawlins and Holt are the big things that have happened and obviously he played a role in both. Unsure how much tbh but he is the chairman, so with no benefit of hindsight as yet, I have to say Rawlins is a job well done and Holt I think is a reasonably understandable appointment. I think he would have had little problem getting another management job so I like to think he has bought into the brief he was pitched to come back to us.

Hes a young guy, not one of yer dinosaurs or one of the Sportsound lads club like McCann for example.

If these are signs of Gary Deans vision for the club, and that he has gone and made them happen with little fuss or cringey leaks beforehand then I will say that at this point I am fairly impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...