The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hear he is tall, good on the ball but not the most physical

Yes . Meant to be a ball playing centreback but as you say little experience up against really tough centre forwards. Just hope we don't try to shoehorn him in at right back as he's a centrehalf.

43 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I see that Ciaran Dickson that came on against us in the cup has went on loan to Queen of the South be interesting to see how he gets on as he looked good against us.

Queen's have picked up some great signings via the loan system and its really changed their season. They are exactly how you should be using it unlike ourselves in recent years.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes . Meant to be a ball playing centreback but as you say little experience up against really tough centre forwards. Just hope we don't try to shoehorn him in at right back as he's a centrehalf.

Wouldn't surprise me.  Only us could sign a right back that's worse than the one we let go. But as you say if he's a ball playing defender and doesn't like the physical aspect he's in bother. Hopefully he's been signed to go straight in and not a jersey filler like Deveney. 

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Pish. 12 years I've been following the club and I've probably been to 95% of home games and 80% of away games. In all that time I've only heard one person speak up for Sevco, an auld guy and his wife usually seated in the South Stand. Blethering at Haymarket waiting for the train back after a Hearts game he said something about the stadium announcer being wrong to call them Sevco. He was quickly told to GTF and left to stand alone whilst everyone else ignored him. 

This "large section" is no more than a handful at most. Mainly auld c***s waiting to shuffle off anyway. 

I've told the story before of being in the SS as the game ended and Dave Mac was reading out the scores... finally ending with "Stirling Albion 1, Sevco 0".

The whole place erupted and me and my mate were pissing ourselves as we made our way down the steps. This old bird behind us started laying off about how we were wrong to laugh at the Rangers. Of course we, and everyone else around us took not the slightest bit of notice of this as she fumed away.

They are among us, no doubt about that.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I went to my first game in 1978 and have seen very little to back up what you are saying. Our fans generally hate everyone 😂.

We Hate Falkirk More Than You!!!!!

Don't see Connolly in the video the club has put up about training. Must be still struggling with his hammy. A winger is a must we can't have Leitch or Todd shoehorned out there again. No Sean Kelly either which is maybe why we've brought in another defender as it was those two out injured when we we're suspended.

Edited by FFC 1876

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Don't see Connolly in the video the club has put up about training. Must be still struggling with his hammy. A winger is a must we can't have Leitch or Todd shoehorned out there again. No Sean Kelly either which is maybe why we've brought in another defender as it was those two out injured when we we're suspended.

I really don't see the point of Josh Todd, he's slow, loses possession, and injury prone. Leitch isn't much better. Just reaffirms some of the absolute dross in our squad, plenty in terms of numbers but by f**k there's almost an entire 11 you could bin. 

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I went to my first game in 1978 and have seen very little to back up what you are saying. Our fans generally hate everyone 😂.

Totally agree with this. My auld faither in law who is a cream b*n used to say that Falkirk fans were the most bitter, nasty mob ever and hated everyone (bit of a cheek coming from that rancid mob). I could feel the tears welling in my eyes, I was so bursting with pride. I used to tell him we weren't out to make friends.

Mccracken at the Morton Vs Ayr game today.

-Looking for potential signings in the summer?

-In the hat for the Morton/Ayr managers role?

-Getting a look at who we'll be playing in the play offs?

Edited by FFC 1876