The Falkirk FC Thread

Some very sad news indeed. RIP WIllie.
A true Falkirk legend.
F6EFB78C-191D-4E33-861D-3D4369F9DF66.thumb.png.3a2dc4885ee8a4dbc5e0eaf669a51f07.png

My oh my. Got to interview Willie back around 2000 for a book. Just your average working class guy until he pulled on a keeper’s jersey. The bravest keeper I ever saw. So crestfallen when the book was issued as they had him down as Wigham instead of Whigham.

He didn’t like wearing a cap, and seldom wore gloves. You are right....a legend.

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

My oh my. Got to interview Willie back around 2000 for a book. Just your average working class guy until he pulled on a keeper’s jersey. The bravest keeper I ever saw. So crestfallen when the book was issued as they had him down as Wigham instead of Whigham.

He didn’t like wearing a cap, and seldom wore gloves. You are right....a legend.

That pic is "trademark" Whigham...no gloves and collar up round the neck.

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Touching All?

Here's some scans from the book of the big man

2020-02-20-0008.jpg

2020-02-20-0009.jpg

I've given up judging players until they've at least played a few games.  How many times have we said he'll do okay in league one only for them to be complete dugshit.  
Certianly more times than we've said hel be dugshite in League 1 and he turns out to do okay.....

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was also rank at Hibs. We done you a solid letting Mcghee's contract run down so you could get him for free the least you could do is send a few half decent players our way not Josh Todd and now possibly Jordon Foster god help us.

Unless we're also going to be bringing in a couple or three attacking midfielder/winger/strikery type players then I think Forster's a waste of a loan. While Hall & Durnan obviously have their limitations, we still have the best defence (statistically) next to Partick. I don't think we're going to suddenly start leaking goals so I'd rather we sorted things out at the top end of the park first.

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Unless we're also going to be bringing in a couple or three attacking midfielder/winger/strikery type players then I think Forster's a waste of a loan. While Hall & Durnan obviously have their limitations, we still have the best defence (statistically) next to Partick. I don't think we're going to suddenly start leaking goals so I'd rather we sorted things out at the top end of the park first.

Agreed, our issue last year and again this year is struggling to break teams down in some games. Given we have a relatively settled back 4 of Mercer Hall Dixon Kelly we don't need another defender even though our back up centre back is Mark Durnan. If we were going for a defender I'd prefer it to be an attacking right back. We've got about 10/11 midfielders but only two of them are out and out wingers in Morrison and Connolly so I'd like to see us bring in another winger(Mochrie from Dundee United has obviously been mentioned and I'd take that). Again we have 5 strikers but the majority of them haven't been good enough and we can't really rely on them suddenly start turning it on so I'd like to see us go for another striker. Given it's going to most likely be a 22 game season we need more quality and energy in as otherwise we'll struggle when the split takes place.

Edited by FFC 1876

I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect Dundee Utd to f**k Montrose over re Mochrie and give him to us. They had him before, the pandemic came along and the lad goes back so he can train presumably. Why would they f**k one league one club to help another? Would be bad form to do that IMO and holding him up as a failure of our management is nonsense. Il happily criticise them if other teams improve and we dont but this one is nonsense.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect Dundee Utd to f**k Montrose over re Mochrie and give him to us. They had him before, the pandemic came along and the lad goes back so he can train presumably. Why would they f**k one league one club to help another? Would be bad form to do that IMO and holding him up as a failure of our management is nonsense. Il happily criticise them if other teams improve and we dont but this one is nonsense.

You’re probably right. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Offer to pay a higher percentage of his wages, full time training, sell it being a more highly pressurised environment with being at a bigger club which needs to win every week?

Maybe these have all been tried but it smacks of us signing "names" if we are genuinely looking at muck like Forster.