The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest The Phoenix
20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You're normally in the know completely here but I think it's more of a case of them giving it to the SPFL as a 'can you try get the championship teams to agree to this given how royally you've fucked us this season' I doubt the SPFL will be able to make the final call it'll be up to teams in the championship getting behind it which won't exactly be a walk in the park. The SPFL asked for the ability to make the decisions on these matters at the start of the season and they were rejected by the majority of the clubs.

Therefore the more of a media storm that gets drawn up on this the better as it'll hopefully put more pressure on the championship teams to accept reasonable terms given we've not been playing or training for 3 months but we have to play Scottish Cup ties on the 23rd as our first game back.

It is a SPFL Board decision to make. 

4 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

So as it stands, can they come back to all 20 clubs and say “22 games isn’t going to work - it unfairly disadvantages champ club. Therefore you must play 18 game season.” And that’s that?

Or can they only come back to all 20 clubs and say “22 games won’t work, you’ll have to play all 27 or come back to us AGAIN with another proposal for 18 games/something different”?

9 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

I stand corrected, very surprising given that the decision will directly affect the championship clubs. Hopefully that means it'll be easier for it to get agreed on but if it's the SPFL we're dealing with logical solutions don't really come as first port of call.

Guest The Phoenix
5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

So as it stands, can they come back to all 20 clubs and say “22 games isn’t going to work - it unfairly disadvantages champ club. Therefore you must play 18 game season.” And that’s that?

Or can they only come back to all 20 clubs and say “22 games won’t work, you’ll have to play all 27 or come back to us AGAIN with another proposal for 18 games/something different”?

I cannot comment on what the SPFL Board will do! 

49 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Then what are you here for! 

If i've understood correctly he/she or other is either a unique bird or a remarkable person. This obviously equates for his/her or their fountain of knowledge on the situation so i'm happy he/she or it's here.

B60A2177-2C40-4FE1-9A19-5C24F405374E.jpeg

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest The Phoenix
49 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Then what are you here for! 

A common purpose. 

My hopes for the outcome of this mess we find ourselves in are entirely aligned with yours - a safe return to playing and a fair crack at promotion. 

Edited by The Phoenix

Therefore the more of a media storm that gets drawn up on this the better as it'll hopefully put more pressure on the championship teams to accept reasonable terms given we've not been playing or training for 3 months but we have to play Scottish Cup ties on the 23rd as our first game back.

The clubs want to return on the 20th, so the cup wouldn't be their first game back.

23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There is nothing surer to me than us faring poorly in four big post split matches. Packing the midfield and exhibiting sheer terror against every single opponent.

I struggle to think of a player who hasn't looked knackered after 4+ games in a month. We really need some fresh legs.

We must have 5 or 6 loans left?
Get right on the phone to Rangers asking for good prospects and work our way down.

Look forward to seeing 2 rotten loanees come in from Alloa, then! [emoji1]

Like Ben Williamson ? Not played in a losing Arbroath side yet