The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

First game back likely to be Scottish cup on 23rd v Arbroath.

Farcical. You may aswell give them a bye.  No game for weeks and no chance to get any new players integrated.  Whilst they've had time to spend 500k on doing up their side.The SFA taking the piss.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Farcical. You may aswell give them a bye.  No game for weeks and no chance to get any new players integrated.  Whilst they've had time to spend 500k on doing up their side.The SFA taking the piss.

100% spot on. A team playing every week and training twice a week V a team who’ll have not a single minute of match fitness and 2 full weeks training. Shocking.

Moaning on this forum is mental sometimes. I think the Scottish Cup probably should have been scrapped overall but apart from this, when else would it be played if not as early as possible?

Would much rather it was the first game back than later on as it gets it out the way and is a game I could not care less about. 

Edited by matthew1876

19 minutes ago, matthew1876 said:

Moaning on this forum is mental sometimes. I think the Scottish Cup probably should have been scrapped overall but apart from this, when else would it be played if not as early as possible?

Would much rather it was the first game back than later on as it gets it out the way and is a game I could not care less about. 

The SFA shut us down . It's their tournament they want us to participate in. If we have to play it's up to.them to come up with a fair and reasonable time for us to do that. First game after weeks out is not that.

I’d rather play this one first to start to get the rustiness out of our system before we play a league game.
Why anyone is moaning about this is beyond me.
My bigger concern is the number of Saturdays set aside for SC games that could impact League One andTwo planned fixtures on an already tight timeframe....

18 hours ago, bairn88 said:

This is gonna draw out for days with no resolution until some backhander to East fife or airdrie means 8 clubs will vote to null and void - straight from the 2020 Dundee playbook. 

Easy money chief.

bribe-chicago-fire-s6e20.gif.05e2de7ab2499b1cbd5c03b34332a2a8.gif

At least it is a victimless crime.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d rather play this one first to start to get the rustiness out of our system before we play a league game.
Why anyone is moaning about this is beyond me.
My bigger concern is the number of Saturdays set aside for SC games that could impact League One andTwo planned fixtures on an already tight timeframe....

The cup should be scrapped. Thats the only sensible thing to do in the circumstances with so many games needing to be played. SFA as usual putting money before the sensible option .

The cup should be scrapped. Thats the only sensible thing to do in the circumstances with so many games needing to be played. SFA as usual putting money before the sensible option .

I’d guess it’s for sponsorship reasons.
One thing I will say is if they abandon it this season they should not try to cram it into early next season.
When Celtic won the supposed quadruple treble (big deal) they won the cup in the season after it was due to complete. Really given new squads etc and that Hearts are in a different division, it should not be recognised as winning the 2019-20 trophy. Pointless exercise....

On 02/03/2021 at 18:06, 18BAIRN76 said:

We're going to need to seriously hit the ground running when the games start up again. We were slowly edging into 'bottling it' territory before the break.

I think we were already there, really couldn't see where our next win was coming from, the East Fife game our players looked totally lost. An 18 game season really is the best chance we have of going up and even then you get the feeling we will chuck it away. 

12 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Presumably Falkirk aren’t interested in receiving our prize money for participating in the cup either?

Just get the game out the road and stop greeting.

52 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Same thoughts and no doubt the last three performances before the shut were abysmal. My fear is that we’ve looked second class in fitness to many teams and with no matches for around twelve weeks, really hoping that the players have been disciplined in their respective individual training routines. The Arbroath game for me is merely a fitness work out.

Absolutely laughable you are concerned about fitness as a full-time side against primarily part-time opposition. It speaks volumes about our current squad of jobbers. We have zero pace and energy in the middle of the park with old man Gomis the only player with a bit about him. Telfer has been our second best centre mid this season by a long shot and should never have been dropped. 

Hopefully this break has done the likes of Alston, Keena and Connolly some good to get back fitter. 

Edited by wee_bairn

27 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Presumably Falkirk aren’t interested in receiving our prize money for participating in the cup either?

Just get the game out the road and stop greeting.

The peanuts available through the Scottish cup is nothing compared to the need for promotion . Better it was scrapped altogether instead of it getting in the way of League fixtures.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The peanuts available through the Scottish cup is nothing compared to the need for promotion . Better it was scrapped altogether instead of it getting in the way of League fixtures.

You're right that it isn't as valuable but it's still of value in the sense that is guarantee's a minimum 12k for reaching the next round plus whatever Premier will pay for the Celtic game (again not more than 20K I'd imagine but not to be sniffed at). 

I'd hope that if we can get past Arbroath the extra cash would hopefully pay for a decent player in on loan to help us through the league. It's simple logic on paper but whether the currently management see it that way is another matter.

37 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

You're right that it isn't as valuable but it's still of value in the sense that is guarantee's a minimum 12k for reaching the next round plus whatever Premier will pay for the Celtic game (again not more than 20K I'd imagine but not to be sniffed at). 

I'd hope that if we can get past Arbroath the extra cash would hopefully pay for a decent player in on loan to help us through the league. It's simple logic on paper but whether the currently management see it that way is another matter.

Our management team of Dumb and Dumber can see about as much as your avatar, i.e. f*ck all. 😉

18 game season is by far our best option out of this league. 

It's madness for me to put a mini play offs before the actual play offs, Ive been repeatedly bored of playing same team 4 or more times a season and I do know this season is an exception.

I can see what they are trying to do but 2nd 3rd and 4th possibly playing each other 3 times  in a matter of weeks is bad news.

Also whoever is 5th, are they 5th full stop with four games to play or can they break into the top 4 by playing the bottom of the league. 

18 games the way forward 

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

lso whoever is 5th, are they 5th full stop with four games to play or can they break into the top 4 by playing the bottom of the league.  

The team in 5th ARE bottom of the league at that point, they are in the top split.