The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

When's the last date possible to realistically do an 18 game season and meet the date for the play-offs?

The announcement will be the day after that. 

Seven to ten games need to be played for each team, so call it six weeks to be sure...that’s a March 27th restart goal and a March 30th drop dead date, unless they are willing to play every three days regardless, then it’s April 2nd to 4th range ...ideal for an April Fools Day announcement, eh?

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

With our current FM  under severe pressure to prove she didn’t lie, we are bottom of the pile, just above a belter of a fresh sh..... freshly stepped on. As said that’s an absolute joke of a statement and unless there’s an extension to the season at best it’s looking like N&V. 

Therein could lie the problem, the FM seems to be completely hands-on with everything to do with the pandemic. I don't understand why there has to be a daily briefing and why she has to be at nearly every one. You'd think something like lower league football resuming would be a delegated decision  but I have regularly heard that Jason Leitch, oddly on Off The Ball which I consider a strange platform for him considering it's largely comedic theme, come out with predictions or info which is later retracted when it get's to Nicola's desk.

We all know however that L1 & L2 being suspended is the SFA's sacrifice to appease ScotGov and as long as that lasts both sides are comfy with the present situation , and Rangers players can have parties, Celtic can go to Dubai etc etc. Don't worry Nicola , look what we have done to diddy football.        

Levein has moved from youngest out of touch managerial dinosaur to kingpin ex manager football dinosaur. His right to have a valid or worthy opinion on anything related to Scottish football ended in 2010.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p098f28y

That's Craig Levein saying the Leagues should be scrapped. The great student of the Scottish game also has "no idea who's top of League 1"

Yep. Listened to that. John Collins was pretty much agreeing with him.
All they could muster was no one is thinking about the players.
Jeez...

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

With the majority of Scottish Cups games to be played, how on earth are these jokers going to allow leagues one and two to start playing? 
For me unless they simply cancel the cup this year, or extend the season, my faint hopes of football are disappearing by the day. 

L1 & L2 are null & void and all clubs still in the cup from those leagues are cut out.

If you have drawn a diddy club you get a bye. 

It won't be that hard for them to do and they have zero morals or sporting integrity   

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not my understanding

You really think Ayr were making signings like Walsh and Chalmers for a smaller overall wage bill than Queen of the South's collection of English non-leaguers, young loanees and League One players?

Which isn't to say Ayr's higher spending was necessarily unsustainable. The significant in difference in prize money from Ayr's two consecutive 4th placed finishes to Queen of the South's two consecutive 9th placed finishes could allow some of that greater income to be reinvested in the squad, but there is absolutely no chance that Ayr have the smallest full-time budget in the Championship.

You really think Ayr were making signings like Walsh and Chalmers for a smaller overall wage bill than Queen of the South's collection of English non-leaguers, young loanees and League One players?
Which isn't to say Ayr's higher spending was necessarily unsustainable. The significant in difference in prize money from Ayr's two consecutive 4th placed finishes to Queen of the South's two consecutive 9th placed finishes could allow some of that greater income to be reinvested in the squad, but there is absolutely no chance that Ayr have the smallest full-time budget in the Championship.

Yes I do. If you want proof take a look at their accounts. The whole place overhead will be less than Falkirk’s wage bill.

If it is null and void I am beyond caring now. It would give Rawlins a chance to get off his Ski’s get his arse over the Pond and press a reset button.

At least if he was here he would get a better feel for reality around the club.

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yes I do. If you want proof take a look at their accounts. The whole place overhead will be less than Falkirk’s wage bill.

Spending less than Falkirk's wage bill =/= definitely having a smaller wage bill than Queen of the South, Morton and Raith

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Lower leagues suspended since January due to the rise in covid cases and the UK government are offering out the full of the UK for extra games at the Euro 2020's you can't make it up. Farce.

Didn't know that the Euros were being held this month. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who gives a f**k? Original point is Mark Kerr performed poorly with a superior budget and squad to full time sides above him.