The Falkirk FC Thread

By the look of things they’ve thrown considerable money at players looking for promotion to the big league, results are not good and looks like they’ll be in involved in play offs if their current form continues.

They will be the smallest FT budget in that league and miles less than us.

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Don’t disagree, however warning signs back in 2019, about being FT, and wages against income was for a word “unsustainable”

Teams the size of Ayr Utd, Morton, Raith and QOS are reliant on over-performing to sustain full time football. More than 1 bad season (i.e relegation)  and they are fucked in normal times, never mind with Covid.

13 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

By the look of things they’ve thrown considerable money at players looking for promotion to the big league, results are not good and looks like they’ll be in involved in play offs if their current form continues.

Ayr are considerably weaker than last season.  I'm not sure which players you're referring to which would have them pushing for promotion?

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They will be the smallest FT budget in that league and miles less than us.

Surely queen's will be on less than them? They had to free virtually every player in the summer. The boy that owns Ayr is worth a few Bob too.  Also Morton who can't even afford a manager the now. Will definitely be one of the lowest though and far less than us I would think.

Big muirhead taking another team down.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely queen's will be on less than them? They had to free virtually every player in the summer. The boy that owns Ayr is worth a few Bob too.  Also Morton who can't even afford a manager the now. Will definitely be one of the lowest though and far less than us I would think.

Big muirhead taking another team down.

He sold Ayr in January

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He sold Ayr in January

New boys worth a Bob or two is he not? Budget would've been set in the summer whilst the other boy was still there anyway . There didn't seem to be any massive cuts to the squad in January either.

5 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Teams the size of Ayr Utd, Morton, Raith and QOS are reliant on over-performing to sustain full time football. More than 1 bad season (i.e relegation)  and they are fucked in normal times, never mind with Covid.

Not sure that Raith fit into the pigeon hole you’ve made. With the other three teams drawing fewer on average than Raith drew in League One, it seems more correct to remove Raith from that group and put them in the seriously financially mismanaged now and then category...a familiar one for all too many Scottish teams. There’s also the fact that Raith still have a handful of part time players.

That being said, this particular topic will likely be near dead if the SG don’t allow resumption forthwith, as the fallout from starting a season with blind optimism starts to settle in on Leagues One and Two. It’s a horribly unfair situation, and justifiably bitter to FFC after the way the last season ended. I guess the only real hope is an 18 game season with promotions and relegations, but is that fair? Of course, it’s not like changing horses midstream isn’t a tried and true SPFL/SFL tactic.

And a P.S. on SA and the South Stand. From what is in the financial reports, it looks like there is an escalator clause on the “rent”, so the £80k figure is likely too low.

24 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not sure that Raith fit into the pigeon hole you’ve made. With the other three teams drawing fewer on average than Raith drew in League One, it seems more correct to remove Raith from that group and put them in the seriously financially mismanaged now and then category...a familiar one for all too many Scottish teams. There’s also the fact that Raith still have a handful of part time players.

That being said, this particular topic will likely be near dead if the SG don’t allow resumption forthwith, as the fallout from starting a season with blind optimism starts to settle in on Leagues One and Two. It’s a horribly unfair situation, and justifiably bitter to FFC after the way the last season ended. I guess the only real hope is an 18 game season with promotions and relegations, but is that fair? Of course, it’s not like changing horses midstream isn’t a tried and true SPFL/SFL tactic.

And a P.S. on SA and the South Stand. From what is in the financial reports, it looks like there is an escalator clause on the “rent”, so the £80k figure is likely too low.

I always liken raiths Iain Munro moment with our Eddie may one. Both clubs replacing managers that had got the sides into the top flight. Raith had just posted an excellent profit even though they had managed to rebuild the stadium using player sales and their European cash. We had our stadium and excellent facilities in Stirling and had European football on the horizon.  Both clubs then made decisions that would  have a horrendous effect on both clubs for many years. Munro came in and pished money down the drain on dross to replace some great talent that had moved on.  May never wanted the job and never looked like wanting the job.  Both didn't last long and neither club has been near emulating those league achievements since.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I always liken raiths Iain Munro moment with our Eddie may one. Both clubs replacing managers that had got the sides into the top flight. Raith had just posted an excellent profit even though they had managed to rebuild the stadium using player sales and their European cash. We had our stadium and excellent facilities in Stirling and had European football on the horizon.  Both clubs then made decisions that would  have a horrendous effect on both clubs for many years. Munro came in and pished money down the drain on dross to replace some great talent that had moved on.  May never wanted the job and never looked like wanting the job.  Both didn't last long and neither club has been near emulating those league achievements since.

An entirely apt comparison, and a tragically accurate final sentence. Best of luck with getting the season finished, but I fear you are probably screwed again, in traditional fashion.

That’s a pathetic update from the SFA/Scottish Government. What’s the hold up from the Government? We were playing when cases were significantly higher AND weren’t testing. Now, with cases lower and the promise of testing they are fannying about. To me, they are trying to pressure the SFA to null and void. I mean, what else can it be? 

That’s a pathetic update from the SFA/Scottish Government. What’s the hold up from the Government? We were playing when cases were significantly higher AND weren’t testing. Now, with cases lower and the promise of testing they are fannying about. To me, they are trying to pressure the SFA to null and void. I mean, what else can it be? 

Or maybe, this week in particular, they have bigger priorities.....