The Falkirk FC Thread

[emoji23] be less money than most of the playing squad that. It isn’t £600/week

I’d imagine a bit more with win bonuses [emoji2] to supplement salaries.
Of course, like the first silly post on the subject it’s all pure speculation and a bit pointless after the clarification re the assistant manager role being used to offset costs....

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Of course, like the first silly post on the subject it’s all pure speculation and a bit pointless after the clarification re the assistant manager role being used to offset costs....

😂

We’re hardly offsetting costs when we’re having to pay a Sporting Director to spoon-feed our clueless management duo. 

[emoji23]
We’re hardly offsetting costs when we’re having to pay a Sporting Director to spoon-feed our clueless management duo. 

I think it’s pretty clear that that is what we are doing re the manager position.
The DoF is a separate, later, engagement, as you well know. I suspect that we would have a DoF irrespective of who was our manager now that the Rawlins are on board.
Given all you have to post on here is is same anti Falkirk FC shite, would you not be a lot better off following one of the arse cheeks? I sure think the club could do without your negativity when they are trying to correct past wrongs.....

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think it’s pretty clear that that is what we are doing re the manager position.
The DoF is a separate, later, engagement, as you well know. I suspect that we would have a DoF irrespective of who was our manager now that the Rawlins are on board.
Given all you have to post on here is is same anti Falkirk FC shite, would you not be a lot better off following one of the arse cheeks? I sure think the club could do without your negativity when they are trying to correct past wrongs.....

Pure speculation...

The gross mismanagement of the Club over the past decade is justification for the “anti Falkirk shite” as you put it. What the Club needs is more like me, perhaps then we’d have enough folk who really care about the state it’s in. If you honestly believe appointing some new puppets on the board is a sign of trying to correct past wrongs then your an even bigger idiot than I initially gave you credit for. I’ll certainly be taking no lecture from you on who I should be following.

Pure speculation...
The gross mismanagement of the Club over the past decade is justification for the “anti Falkirk shite” as you put it. What the Club needs is more like me, perhaps then we’d have enough folk who really care about the state it’s in. If you honestly believe appointing some new puppets on the board is a sign of trying to correct past wrongs then your an even bigger idiot than I initially gave you credit for. I’ll certainly be taking no lecture from you on who I should be following.

Yep, speculation it is -as was stated. But unlike your speculation, mine is not a poor attempt to incite support for constant anti-Falkirk FC rhetoric.
Jeez, if your username wasn’t negative enough you’ve even managed to use your location to slate elements of the club whilst top of the table. I’m just embarrassed for you.
Nothing wrong with being critical of the club for a significant number of past decisions. I’ve been critical of them too. But I really don’t get your genuine bitter dislike of everything and anything the club is doing at a period where behind the scenes issues are slowly being addressed.
Its a pointless exercise trying to suggest that you are a little more measured in your criticism, so I’ll leave you to your miserable depressed mood and ambiguous bitterness....

Yep, speculation it is -as was stated. But unlike your speculation, mine is not a poor attempt to incite support for constant anti-Falkirk FC rhetoric.
Jeez, if your username wasn’t negative enough you’ve even managed to use your location to slate elements of the club whilst top of the table. I’m just embarrassed for you.
Nothing wrong with being critical of the club for a significant number of past decisions. I’ve been critical of them too. But I really don’t get your genuine bitter dislike of everything and anything the club is doing at a period where behind the scenes issues are slowly being addressed.
Its a pointless exercise trying to suggest that you are a little more measured in your criticism, so I’ll leave you to your miserable depressed mood and ambiguous bitterness....

Winner of condescending post of 2021

I'm not sure how the club is meant to move forward here to be honest. People including myself have highlighted the terrible recruitment over the last decade or so and the fact that we have closed the academy a truly awful decision. We've had a bod that nearly flogged the club to an utter charlatan and have treated the fans with contempt for years.  

So we now have a new bod who have managed to bring the Rawlins on board in a way that still allows the fans a major involvement in the future of the club. The Rawlins have an excellent track record in football and have provided an initial sum for investment which will increase at some point.  To finally try to improve the recruitment side of things and get an academy back on track we have appointed a dof and the Rawlins have backed and been involved in this appointment. 

Yet now all we seem to get is what the hell are we appointing a dof in league one for? Honestly I'm known for moaning but I really think we need to give the current bod and dof at least a chance to get things going FFS.  

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

That means he was talking down to you @MSG GTF!

Oh I’m perfectly aware of what it means. By all accounts choose to disagree with my anger and frustration at all matters Falkirk related right now, but don’t be so naive as to confuse opinion with idiocy. That would be totally unfounded. Glad that clears things up.   

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not sure how the club is meant to move forward here to be honest. People including myself have highlighted the terrible recruitment over the last decade or so and the fact that we have closed the academy a truly awful decision. We've had a bod that nearly flogged the club to an utter charlatan and have treated the fans with contempt for years.  

So we now have a new bod who have managed to bring the Rawlins on board in a way that still allows the fans a major involvement in the future of the club. The Rawlins have an excellent track record in football and have provided an initial sum for investment which will increase at some point.  To finally try to improve the recruitment side of things and get an academy back on track we have appointed a dof and the Rawlins have backed and been involved in this appointment. 

Yet now all we seem to get is what the hell are we appointing a dof in league one for? Honestly I'm known for moaning but I really think we need to give the current bod and dof at least a chance to get things going FFS.  

The only way this club moves forward in my eyes is when Ritchie and Alexander f**k off. They’ve held a noose around our Club’s neck for far too long yet despite the state we’re in, their arrogance still won’t allow them to loosen their grip. It’s their baw and they’ll decide who plays with it. 

Don’t underestimate the influence that certain individuals, some who post regularly on this forum, had with regards to getting the Rawlins deal over the line. Without their lobbying to the smaller shareholders in the build up to the EGM, the deal would not have gone through. Not convinced the fans will be allowed any sort of major involvement in the future of the Club, certainly not while the two p***ks I previously mentioned are still around. 

As for Holt, I’m all for giving him a chance. I’ve stated already on this forum that I think he could be a very good appointment...if he’s allowed to get on with his job. My gripe is that he shouldn’t be wasting his time trying to teach our two managers how to do their job.

Edited by MSG GTF!

Well someone has to because other than arsing about doing crossbar challenges, or keepy uppies with the players using Brussel sprouts, we were dropping like a stone before it stopped. I hardly think he's wasting his time more like we absolutely need him to try and get m&m over the line. 

I am actually less and less convinced that the MSG came anywhere close to selling the club to the fake American real estate/coffee magnate.
I think he was an excellently timed stalking horse who was perfect for what the MSG wanted, and that was to kill the patrons bid for control of the club.
Initially, I don’t think they believed that the patrons and pledges would get anywhere near the sum required, and when they did come up with the cash, coffee boy was the perfect excuse to say “sorry, there’s a better offer” rather than simply reject the patrons offer with no reason for doing so.
Coffee boy gave them their reason.

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am actually less and less convinced that the MSG came anywhere close to selling the club to the fake American real estate/coffee magnate.
I think he was an excellently timed stalking horse who was perfect for what the MSG wanted, and that was to kill the patrons bid for control of the club.
Initially, I don’t think they believed that the patrons and pledges would get anywhere near the sum required, and when they did come up with the cash, coffee boy was the perfect excuse to say “sorry, there’s a better offer” rather than simply reject the patrons offer with no reason for doing so.
Coffee boy gave them their reason.

Could defo be some truth in this IMO.