The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

I wasn’t aware that the players were losing money ( if this is what you are referring to) and that the club are making up the shortfall ? 
Arguably Holts employment could be considered in many ways, for me it’s a critical need if you consider the monies we’ve wasted on previous managers, recruitment, shite players, fines etc. Don’t think his salary will impact the club too much as we have the majority of the directors taking zero salaries. 

Exactly. I'd say it's the most important appointment we've made in years.  Recruitment of managers and players plus the lack.of any youth development system is where we are where we are today.

100%.

An example of this is us employing a DOF on whatever he is on while players and staff are on furlough getting 80% of their salary. It is morally wrong and financial madness IMO

Pretty sure I read that the club were making up the 20% shortfall in players wages.
Are you certain that this is not the case?…

Pretty sure I read that the club were making up the 20% shortfall in players wages.
Are you certain that this is not the case?…

They did the last time, not sure if they are this time though.

I wasn’t aware that the players were losing money ( if this is what you are referring to) and that the club are making up the shortfall ? 
Arguably Holts employment could be considered in many ways, for me it’s a critical need if you consider the monies we’ve wasted on previous managers, recruitment, shite players, fines etc. Don’t think his salary will impact the club too much as we have the majority of the directors taking zero salaries. 

We have the most expensive management set up outside the Premiership I would suggest now. In a pandemic, with no income coming in IMO it is not money that should be spent until we know when/if we are going to start again.

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have the most expensive management set up outside the Premiership I would suggest now. In a pandemic, with no income coming in IMO it is not money that should be spent until we know when/if we are going to start again.

I think it's more a case of they have been interviewing for a while now and if they've identified who they want they aren't going to say 'hold off we'll actually employ you when this all blows over so we don't have to pay you just now'. Gary Holt's the man they want for the job and they can obviously afford to pay him right now so why not get him in and let him start?

Edited by FFC 1876

We don't know the salaries being paid to M&M but I'd be surprised if they were each on the same as McKinnon, Hartley or even Houston.  More likely they are on lower salaries to compensate for their being two of them.  Also would expect teams like Hearts and Dundee who have academies and multiple coaches to be paying far more than us.  Aren't Dundee still paying Gordon Strachan too?  

If the season is scrapped it’s going to be very interesting to see the repercussions from this (the sequel in many ways).

Firstly, as mentioned by myself before, what happens to the prize money. We were told last season we couldn’t null and void because the prize money wouldn’t be paid out. 

Secondly, what about the money all the fans are due for paying for season tickets? It’s alright giving the club the remaining excess if you miss one or two games but we’ve not even had half (IIRC).  Who will be paying for this? If the answer is “well you’ve just been given money from the government” I don’t agree with this. Why should we use our money to pay back our fans when the decision was nothing to do with us, when the likes of Dundee and whoever can use theirs to splash on signings. It’s wrong on so many levels this. 

As someone previously said we will keep having these ridiculous and frankly atrocious decisions whilst there is no independent panel board. 

3 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

ISecondly, what about the money all the fans are due for paying for season tickets? It’s alright giving the club the remaining excess if you miss one or two games but we’ve not even had half (IIRC).  Who will be paying for this? If the answer is “well you’ve just been given money from the government” I don’t agree with this. Why should we use our money to pay back our fans when the decision was nothing to do with us, when the likes of Dundee and whoever can use theirs to splash on signings. It’s wrong on so many levels this. 

I am pretty much resigned to

(a) the season will be nulll & void, and there's absolutely eff-all we can do about it otherwise, so best save your energy - we're the diddies, we have no chance of persuading the SPFL, SFA, SG, BBC, STV, Neil Doncaster, Ann Budge or Jonathan-effing-Sutherland  otherwise.  The only thing we'll get out of this season is survival.  

(b) writing off the cost of my 20-21 season ticket as a goodwill donation, providing there's solid evidence the club is getting its effing shit together for 21-22 and beyond, and we get a team worth watching again.  And we get promoted. 

4 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We don't know the salaries being paid to M&M but I'd be surprised if they were each on the same as McKinnon, Hartley or even Houston.  More likely they are on lower salaries to compensate for their being two of them.  Also would expect teams like Hearts and Dundee who have academies and multiple coaches to be paying far more than us.  Aren't Dundee still paying Gordon Strachan too?  

We don’t, but I’d hazard a guess we’re outlaying around a hundred grand a year on the pair of them. If that’s even close to being accurate, I’d say we could get a whole lot better for our dosh.

23 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

We don’t, but I’d hazard a guess we’re outlaying around a hundred grand a year on the pair of them. If that’s even close to being accurate, I’d say we could get a whole lot better for our dosh.

I very much doubt they'll be on anything near 100k.  Both have made a good living out the game and the chance of managing a club the size of Falkirk as your first gig means they wouldn't be hard to deal with. I'd expect them to be on no more than either of the past two managers in total if that. Just like in any other job you get paid on experience and past record somewhat so the fact the two of them have zero in both counts mean they had little to bargain with.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I very much doubt they'll be on anything near 100k.  Both have made a good living out the game and the chance of managing a club the size of Falkirk as your first gig means they wouldn't be hard to deal with. I'd expect them to be on no more than either of the past two managers in total if that. Just like in any other job you get paid on experience and past record somewhat so the fact the two of them have zero in both counts mean they had little to bargain with.

I agree with all of your reasoning completely, they should be on buttons, but I stand by my guess.

24 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

I agree with all of your reasoning completely, they should be on buttons, but I stand by my guess.

Not so long ago on here you weren't calling it a guess you were saying how you'd been told that was the figure and that you had also been told they asked for more money in the summer so it's lovely to see you so confident now.

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not so long ago on here you weren't calling it a guess you were saying how you'd been told that was the figure and that you had also been told they asked for more money in the summer so it's lovely to see you so confident now.

Don’t recall stating anything about their salaries, but I did hear they asked for a pay rise. Whether you or anyone else wants to believe that is your choice, we alI know how much pish gets leaked about the Club via various sources.

Regardless, the fact remains that whatever we’re paying them, it’s too much.

Edited by MSG GTF!

I’d be very surprised if the salaries for both were anywhere near what we paid Houston, the joker and the Gypsy. 

There is a full time club in Scotland running their whole operation less than our football salary bill is in our last accounts. So to say our managers are getting combined less than Houston or Hartley is for the birds.

I personally wouldn’t compare any clubs finances, as football models vary from club to club. 

You are right there.

We are in League one so we must spend more, it is a must

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Suspect they are on the 30k each mark with a big bonus for promotion. As you said Falkirk is a good gig to get as a new manager and has been a stepping stone for many over the years.

If they null and void League 1 and 2 how do clubs sell ST's for next season. Most of us that bought season tickets paid £200 for a handfull of games. Will most be looking for their money back and will folk be likely to part with their cash again for ST's next season with the uncertainty of how the league will look.

Scottish football for me is an absolute mess, the powers that be have made an arse of things and I'm not sure If I'm at the stage where I might just walk away.

Suspect they are on the 30k each mark with a big bonus for promotion. As you said Falkirk is a good gig to get as a new manager and has been a stepping stone for many over the years.

[emoji23] be less money than most of the playing squad that. It isn’t £600/week