The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think i read somewhere that its the 10th?  

Think they said on or before the 10th in the last update.

Hopefully that means clubs and spfl/sfa will have been in constant dialogue since then, and an agreement r.e starting again and when season finishes has been made, not that they’ve been fannying about doing nothing for weeks, not talked since then and talks can now begin on how to restart. I predict being extremely disappointed. 

On 05/02/2021 at 12:44, badgerthewitness said:

Most part time teams have looked fitter than us in League 1.

Some also look like they have better players aswell. The East Fife game being an example, if you didn't know better you'd have said they were the full time outfit, players like Agnew who is a journeyman stood out like a sore thumb. As much as I'm looking forward to us getting back playing there's as much dread of having to endure the spineless gutless devoid of quality or ideas performance it will ultimately be. 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Some also look like they have better players aswell. The East Fife game being an example, if you didn't know better you'd have said they were the full time outfit, players like Agnew who is a journeyman stood out like a sore thumb. As much as I'm looking forward to us getting back playing there's as much dread of having to endure the spineless gutless devoid of quality or ideas performance it will ultimately be. 

Teams like East Fife still able to do far better in the transfer market and especially the loan market than us. No reason why we couldn't have got Jack Hamilton on loan at the start of the season instead of signing a duffer like Francis. 

47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Teams like East Fife still able to do far better in the transfer market and especially the loan market than us. No reason why we couldn't have got Jack Hamilton on loan at the start of the season instead of signing a duffer like Francis. 

You are forgetting that Scottish Premiership clubs won't send players on loan to us as we are in league 1. Which is laughable when we signed Sammut on loan from Chelsea and Dunfermline have just signed Scott Banks on loan from Crystal Palace.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So, you would have been happy if we'd signed Hamilton on loan at the start of the season?

16 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So, you would have been happy if we'd signed Hamilton on loan at the start of the season?

Why wouldn't I have been. It's how they perform on the park that counts. Hamilton has more goals than all our strikers put together. 7 in 9 for East Fife is an excellent return and he's already scoring for Arbroath.  Francis on the other hand has been dreadful.

18 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

You are forgetting that Scottish Premiership clubs won't send players on loan to us as we are in league 1. Which is laughable when we signed Sammut on loan from Chelsea and Dunfermline have just signed Scott Banks on loan from Crystal Palace.

So are easy Fife.

55 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

They can’t be. I thought we were giving him our job that isn’t available. I also though Holt was going to run off to Killie. What we gona do now? 

Don’t recall anyone ever stating TW was getting the Falkirk job. What I do recall is some people, myself included, stating we should ditch the two (or is it three?) chumps we have in charge now and make him an offer. There’s a big difference.

Edited by MSG GTF!

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why wouldn't I have been. It's how they perform on the park that counts. Hamilton has more goals than all our strikers put together. 7 in 9 for East Fife is an excellent return and he's already scoring for Arbroath.  Francis on the other hand has been dreadful.

Fair play. I've got to congratulate you on your fantastic foresight. M&M should have known he was going to score those goals for EF too and, as you say, there was obviously 'no reason' that we couldn't have signed him instead. Maybe the 15 goals in 71 appearances before he arrived in Methil put them off, who knows?

Why are so many people getting their knickers in a twist about other players signing for other teams? 

If we are passing up on some genuine talent then I'd maybe be worried but nothing here strikes me as an opportunity missed. 

As poor as we have been so far, we're still top and I genuinely don't see the need to sign more baggage when things are still so up in the air. Let this squad get us through to the end of the season and see what happens. They really should be good enough if managed properly.