The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am starting to think that training will resume mid month. The announcement on schools is an indication that restrictions are going to start to lift. 🤞

Rather than relying on Sturgeon to facilitate the start of football, you'd do better to pray to your deity of choice to get the season going again.

I am starting to think that training will resume mid month. The announcement on schools is an indication that restrictions are going to start to lift. 🤞

I was slightly more disappointed today.
Unless the JRG give the nod to lift the restrictions to allow training to start mid Feb there won’t be a start at the beginning of March.
As things stand it’d be mid March at best meaning we would probably have to negotiate an 18 game league beforehand.....

The only concern for me is that the Championship clubs kick back on the play offs if our season runs on for too long. 

Agree. Can’t see them being too happy to have to wait to potentially get involved in relegation play offs for them in June.
Good news if it happens though ....

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree. Can’t see them being too happy to have to wait to potentially get involved in relegation play offs for them in June.
Good news if it happens though ....

Tough. They wouldn’t get a say in whether the play off’s go ahead or not. In fairness, it would only affect 1 team as the top end could play when scheduled. 

16 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Tough. They wouldn’t get a say in whether the play off’s go ahead or not. In fairness, it would only affect 1 team as the top end could play when scheduled. 

Why should they have to extend players contracts and compete in a relegation playoff potentially one month after their last competitive fixture? They will be at a total disadvantage. This is obviously based on the worst case scenario that games run into June.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The natural reaction of delight lasted for about 5 seconds, then I remembered watching us this season made my eyes bleed.

We'll have slipped down to about 3rd or fourth after the first few games.  Holt will step into the breach trying to salvage us about then if he doesn't piss off to Killie. 

I am starting to think that training will resume mid month. The announcement on schools is an indication that restrictions are going to start to lift. [emoji1696]
It's not an indication of that. Schools are top priority for getting back to normal and school staff are having to be tested twice a week in order to make it happen on top of other new measures being put in place.

Hopefully it does happen ASAP though.

14 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Why should they have to extend players contracts and compete in a relegation playoff potentially one month after their last competitive fixture? They will be at a total disadvantage. This is obviously based on the worst case scenario that games run into June.

They're at a disadvantage? This the same teams that just got a 500k nestegg and have had a transfer window to sign new players whilst we sit doing feck all. My heart bleeds for them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog