The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Strangely enough, I was thinking of that very game v Celtic when I posted the pic yesterday. In my mind he was about 35 yds out and it flew like a rocket at ankle height into the net but my recollection might be totally wrong??

Found Geordie in the archives too.😉

AV6K1553.JPG

GGibson4.jpg

Is that George Gibson in the 2nd photo?

George Watson though. Loved him as a wee laddie.

Holt won’t be approached by Killie. What has he done in management to attract any suitors? There are far better candidates out there in Robinson and Wright for example who have far bigger credentials.  

Hmm....
IMG_0139.thumb.jpg.61cd8cc82f3069effb3ac27aad609d75.jpg

Incidentally, with the possible exception of Tommy Wright, if these are also some of the best experienced managers available to replace M and M, I think I’ll stick rather than twist....

Hmm....
IMG_0139.thumb.jpg.61cd8cc82f3069effb3ac27aad609d75.jpg

Incidentally, with the possible exception of Tommy Wright, if these are also some of the best experienced managers available to replace M and M, I think I’ll stick rather than twist....

[emoji23][emoji23]

FFS you really are smitten

Robinson is a decent manager and Adams has done a pretty decent job at Ross county and Plymouth. Bit of a strange guy but a decent record none the less.  

Hard watch the now seeing the likes of Raith and Arbroath bring in some very decent players on loan whilst we sit doing nothing. Mind you knowing our pair we would've brought in a pile of shite anyway.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Maybe it’s the shape of things to come with Holt now in. Can’t remember a transfer window where we’ve not had one player in or out. I take this as a positive....

I think the only reason we haven't had any players in or out is because our league has been canned and there is uncertainty as to whether it will restart. I'd be more worried if they were happy to go the rest of the season with this squad.

Edited by wee_bairn

4 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I think the only reason we haven't had any players in or out is because our leagues have been canned. I'd be more worried if they were happy to go the rest of the season with this squad.

Agree, would be madness to sign players now with the shutdown.  They couldn't be furloughed and we have no idea when the season will re-start.  

21 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

So now we'll be left scrabbling around the free agents and loanees that every other club wouldn't touch during the transfer window? I very much doubt there's going to be anything better than what we have. 

It would be a bit silly signing players when we have no idea when or even if our league will re start and for the same reasons we will not be getting players sent to us on loan.

Chronic though we are it should not be asking too much for the current squad to get us over the line assuming the league does re start though it would hardly be a huge shock if they f**k it up.

What a horrific list of managers, I'd love Pressley to go in with the we wont go down line again but why the fuk is he even listed

I will be surprised if any of them on that list gets the gig, Killie tend to go outside the circle of recycled managers and will have someone probably in place for Saturday and get the midweek game with Celtic out of the way.

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

What a horrific list of managers, I'd love Pressley to go in with the we wont go down line again but why the fuk is he even listed

I will be surprised if any of them on that list gets the gig, Killie tend to go outside the circle of recycled managers and will have someone probably in place for Saturday and get the midweek game with Celtic out of the way.

Stuart Baxter has suddenly become available I see.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

So now we'll be left scrabbling around the free agents and loanees that every other club wouldn't touch during the transfer window? I very much doubt there's going to be anything better than what we have. 

Every other club in L1 and L2 in the same boat. But you'll also have Prem/Champ teams with a raft of young players who could be loaned out again if the league gets the nod to restart. 

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Every other club in L1 and L2 in the same boat. But you'll also have Prem/Champ teams with a raft of young players who could be loaned out again if the league gets the nod to restart. 

That doesn't help though if your drawn against a championship or top flight club in the Scottish cup. Can't see how they expect any league one or two club to compete having been unable to sign anyone or play/train for weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That doesn't help though if your drawn against a championship or top flight club in the Scottish cup. Can't see how they expect any league one or two club to compete having been unable to sign anyone or play/train for weeks. 

Not ideal no, but that's likely 1 or 2 games for most clubs in this league, I'm sure they'd find a way.