Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't want a novice either that's not what I said. We've got novices just now. Someone who has cut their teeth at a part time club been reasonably successful and is now looking to take a step up is what I'd like to see.  Of course the fact is that any experienced manager will need to be on the way down to join us as we are in league one FFS. The likes of McIntyre for instance was at Dundee last. Only reason he would contemplate joining us is if he can't get a gig higher up the leagues. If he can't do that then he's on his way down obviously. Same with all the others mentioned.

I’d follow the Livvy model that’s worked well for them.

Gary Holt as first team coach with Paul Ferris as Director of Football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If they cancel it, they'll void the season. Won't matter what position we're in. They won't promote a team after 11 games.

I would imagine a certain west of Scotland club will be using all their powers within the walls of the SFA/SPFL to make this happen 😦

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly (or not) whilst browsing for the names of non-descript centre-halves from the early 2000s I came across this absolutely stunning Geocities website: Clicky.

I'd encourage every Falkirk supporter to have a browse of this absolute gem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

2371CBEA-1772-40DD-BD49-025C21E10E82.png

I was going to say could they not have done that last week but then again would it have made any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be right on that with leagues getting stopped:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55525110

Nicola Sturgeon warns professional sport 'all bets are off' amid Covid outbreak

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is warning that "all bets are off" if those involved in Scottish professional sport do not respect extra privileges. 

A new stay at home message is now being enforced in Scotland amid rising cases of Covid-19.

But hundreds of untested football players and coaching staff will travel across the country this weekend for Scottish Cup second-round fixtures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Interestingly (or not) whilst browsing for the names of non-descript centre-halves from the early 2000s I came across this absolutely stunning Geocities website: Clicky.

I'd encourage every Falkirk supporter to have a browse of this absolute gem.

This is amazing, some other long gone FFC web pages of yore — Ruperts Roar, Bairn in Holland, and (thank f**k) One F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Maybe we could make a move? 

Well Livi recalled Da Vita before moving him to us. Presume Miller still has contacts there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Might be right on that with leagues getting stopped:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55525110

Nicola Sturgeon warns professional sport 'all bets are off' amid Covid outbreak

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is warning that "all bets are off" if those involved in Scottish professional sport do not respect extra privileges. 

A new stay at home message is now being enforced in Scotland amid rising cases of Covid-19.

But hundreds of untested football players and coaching staff will travel across the country this weekend for Scottish Cup second-round fixtures.

Like everyone on here, even seeing the games streamed Is a lifeline to the world we live in at present. However never understood we could send out players to go close contact with one another without testing. Russian roulette at its best....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Well Livi recalled Da Vita before moving him to us. Presume Miller still has contacts there. 

Aye but Partick were quite happy to punt him back and it was easy enough to see why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but Partick were quite happy to punt him back and it was easy enough to see why.

I see the West Lothian Courier linking us with De Vita’s twin brother !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I see the West Lothian Courier linking us with De Vita’s twin brother !!!

It'll be De Vita only he's had a shave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Like everyone on here, even seeing the games streamed Is a lifeline to the world we live in at present. However never understood we could send out players to go close contact with one another without testing. Russian roulette at its best....

I think it’s being so miserable that makes you happy.

Left to you, everything would stop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only realised today that we have a manager who was at Livi at the same time as Hamilton. Good call to use a loan on a non entity Killie left back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I only realised today that we have a manager who was at Livi at the same time as Hamilton. Good call to use a loan on a non entity Killie left back.

Wait and see him rock up at Partick next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Derek Ure??? This must be a wind up
Derek Ure
Wooooft.
Not an advocation for either manager I should have added!! Just the only lowland league managers I know outside of Barry Ferguson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...