The Falkirk FC Thread

Maybe people think he’ll be a good DoF due to the fact he was very highly regarded in his role with the Norwich academy which is a big part of his role with us.
Hes “done nothing since leaving us” except work in the English Championship, take Livi to 9th and 5th in the Premier League and get shortlisted for manager of the year. Meanwhile we...never mind, we all know what we’ve done.
Is it “all about opinions” or should we use the facts that are available to us which suggest he doesn’t deserve to be written off before he’s even done a days work.
He may well be shit, he might also do ok but to write him off at this stage seems bizarre to me. 

Livingston [emoji23] Everyone knows it was Martindale

Already being touted for the Killie job IMG_4994.jpg

Maybe people think he’ll be a good DoF due to the fact he was very highly regarded in his role with the Norwich academy which is a big part of his role with us.
Hes “done nothing since leaving us” except work in the English Championship, take Livi to 9th and 5th in the Premier League and get shortlisted for manager of the year. Meanwhile we...never mind, we all know what we’ve done.
Is it “all about opinions” or should we use the facts that are available to us which suggest he doesn’t deserve to be written off before he’s even done a days work.
He may well be shit, he might also do ok but to write him off at this stage seems bizarre to me. 
But but he's a Killie tattoo on his leg, from the '97 cup, seems to me some people will dislike him alone for that!

8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tiger coached me when I played for ICI in the 80’s. A really nice fella who taught me a lot about the game.

I think he’s still living in Grangemouth. A great guy.

I was at the Everton friendly at Brockville in August 1972 when Tiger played for Everton.  He transferred down there in 71 I think.    One of the best defenders I can remember.  Real tough player, no prisoners were taken.
Tiger&Johnny.jpg

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Won`t mean a lot to most on here I would think as I`m going back to late 60`s (when flair players weren`t frowned upon). These two are still two of the best players I`ve seen in a Falkirk jersey.
John "Tiger" McLaughlin & Johnny Graham.
1467656578_TigerJohnny.thumb.jpg.684595035afbfaa7d8657b0ab36889a6.jpg

Two absolute heroes. I think Tiger lived in Tryst Road for a while. We all knew he was an amazing footballer, and him walking into the Everton team when he left us was no surprise. I remember him having an amazing headed goal line clearance for Everton.

Johnny Graham.....what can you say about him? Utter class.....for me he was our equivalent of Charlie Nicholas, and probably every bit as talented. Johnny, Fergie, and George Gibson were my real heroes back then. All three would stroll into any side in Scotland today, and all three would also get into today’s Scotland squad. Special mention to John Markie too. I reckon he must have been the shortest centre back in the country, but it didn’t stop him being a good ‘un.

13 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Most appointments in football come with risks, and let’s face it we’ve been subject to many imposters/disasters who were seen by many as good catches for the club, including the horrific appointments of GC & Lang. Add on the disastrous managers namely Gypsy & RM, and here we are third tier of Scottish football. 

We’ve got a new chairman and a new look board, and a new investment of nearly 350K. Although early doors, there’s a positive change in attitude and it’s pleasing to hear our chairman speaking out against the authorities for the scandalous way we and many clubs have been treated. 
Holts role/JD will hopefully see the club better in many practices, initially helping our rookie managers ( guessing this will be already be under review) and delivering the title. Player recruitment will hopefully be better as for me it’s some of the players shouldn’t be near us. 
Academy, not sure how we go about rebuilding but Holt has been with one of the best academy’s so it must be a positive. Yes it’s a gamble but.....

We are a now a 3rd tier club and have to be grateful for any investment coming in but in the grand scheme of things 350k is peanuts. The Rawlins' have now got a 26% holding in our club for the price of a 4 bedroom detached house in a Larbert, a fantastic piece of business for them. I'm not so sure they are the saviours we have all been hoping for.

https://www.nestoria.co.uk/detail-int/0000008180068608202937242/thumb/1/1-5?serpUid=0.8554091359991612159634&pt=1&ot=1&l=falkirk&did=90_high1&t_sec=1&t_or=2&t_pvid=f002b0d8-0a24-4ce4-afc1-a22e0f3a3da2

We are a now a 3rd tier club and have to be grateful for any investment coming in but in the grand scheme of things 350k is peanuts. The Rawlins' have now got a 26% holding in our club for the price of a 4 bedroom detached house in a Larbert, a fantastic piece of business for them. I'm not so sure they are the saviours we have all been hoping for.
https://www.nestoria.co.uk/detail-int/0000008180068608202937242/thumb/1/1-5?serpUid=0.8554091359991612159634&pt=1&ot=1&l=falkirk&did=90_high1&t_sec=1&t_or=2&t_pvid=f002b0d8-0a24-4ce4-afc1-a22e0f3a3da2

TBF they have committed to invest more

House is overpriced IMO....

13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Johnny Graham.....what can you say about him? Utter class.....for me he was our equivalent of Charlie Nicholas, and probably every bit as talented. Johnny, Fergie, and George Gibson were my real heroes back then.

I`ve been trying to think of another player with similar abilities to Johnny for some years without success but I think you got that comparison spot on. Definitely my favourite outfield player. The others you mention are in my top 5 also, along with Tiger and Willie Whigham.

We can only guess at what Input Rawlins had into Holt’s appointment in terms of the case made for a DoF appointment, and then if we are appointing one, Holt is the man we want.
I suspect that Rawlins may have taken this on advisement, and if it isn’t seen to be working, then I don’t think they will waste too much time before rearranging things. I hope so anyway.

29 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I`ve been trying to think of another player with similar abilities to Johnny for some years without success but I think you got that comparison spot on. Definitely my favourite outfield player. The others you mention are in my top 5 also, along with Tiger and Willie Whigham.

Jim Shirra , Wison Hogganand Billy Stevenson were Good.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Omission

52 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We can only guess at what Input Rawlins had into Holt’s appointment in terms of the case made for a DoF appointment, and then if we are appointing one, Holt is the man we want.
I suspect that Rawlins may have taken this on advisement, and if it isn’t seen to be working, then I don’t think they will waste too much time before rearranging things. I hope so anyway.

They were involved in the entire recruitment process . The question was asked at the EGM.

Good clarity then. Tbf, doesn’t feel like a tightening of the reins yet, but I suppose as ever, it will now be given a chance. It’s amazing though....our second DoF, and I doubt if either has struck a meaningful blow.

Some of my favourite ever players.
Tiger was the smallest but toughest ever full back
Johnny Graham my favourite ever goal scorer.
John Markie not the tallest centre half but always got his head to the ball.
Any Bairn who was present will remember Billy Fulton's 25 yarder in the bottom corner for a 1-0 win over Celtic at the Hope Street end.
(Just missing Geordie Gibson and Willie Wigham for my all time favourites.

51 minutes ago, XabiaBairn said:

Some of my favourite ever players.
Tiger was the smallest but toughest ever full back
Johnny Graham my favourite ever goal scorer.
John Markie not the tallest centre half but always got his head to the ball.
Any Bairn who was present will remember Billy Fulton's 25 yarder in the bottom corner for a 1-0 win over Celtic at the Hope Street end.
(Just missing Geordie Gibson and Willie Wigham for my all time favourites.

Strangely enough, I was thinking of that very game v Celtic when I posted the pic yesterday. In my mind he was about 35 yds out and it flew like a rocket at ankle height into the net but my recollection might be totally wrong??

Found Geordie in the archives too.😉

AV6K1553.JPG

GGibson4.jpg

Edited by 60`s bairn

47 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Strangely enough, I was thinking of that very game v Celtic when I posted the pic yesterday. In my mind he was about 35 yds out and it flew like a rocket at ankle height into the net but my recollection might be totally wrong??

Found Geordie in the archives too.😉

AV6K1553.JPG

GGibson4.jpg

Who's that with Geordie Watson? (Not Jean) Looks like Scott Crabbe but that's a different era to GW?