The Falkirk FC Thread

Dyer getting the boot at Kilmarnock has been obvious for a long time. Holt would have known the job was likely to become vacant soon and could have held on if he wanted it. 

I don’t think he could assume that he will be offered the Killie job so I’m not sure this is fair.
It may very well be that Tommy Wright might be their target or even someone else....

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep, and all our own fault for daring to criticise Craig Campbell. Even an open PR goal like Campbell resigning was screwed up spectacularly by Richie.

Ritchie's withering tribute to Campbell when he left was MR's lowest point for me. Prattling on about the good work he did with the Foundation whilst completely ignoring that Campbell got everything else spectacularly wrong and almost totally wrecked our whole club.  

We are still suffering from Campbell's decisions and Martin wanted to throw rose petals at him as he left - fiddling whist Rome burned. 

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t think he could assume that he will be offered the Killie job so I’m not sure this is fair.
It may very well be that Tommy Wright might be their target or even someone else....

Oh it's by no means certain he would get it, but he would have known it was likely to come up and he'd stand a chance. 

Oh it's by no means certain he would get it, but he would have known it was likely to come up and he'd stand a chance. 

Of course....and he still has the opportunity to take on the role should Killie come calling.
So why would he not take the Falkirk job in the interim anyway?....

Yep, that’s a fair point. I don’t think Holt has demonstrated loyalty to any club, and if offered an interview for the Killie job, I wouldn’t be surprised if he went for it, just as I wouldn’t be surprised if he took the job if it was offered to him. I think that side of how he goes about things isn’t something he has ever chosen to hide or spin as being something it wasn’t.
If it panned out that way, then Tommy Wright please. At least there would be no sentiment wrt M&M.

Ritchie's withering tribute to Campbell when he left was MR's lowest point for me. Prattling on about the good work he did with the Foundation whilst completely ignoring that Campbell got everything else spectacularly wrong and almost totally wrecked our whole club.  
We are still suffering from Campbell's decisions and Martin wanted to throw rose petals at him as he left - fiddling whist Rome burned. 

The statement would have been part of the agreement so Campbell kept his gob shut. He would have insisted that it would have been that tone so he could still get another job

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Agreed.  Completely out of his depth, incompetent people skills and could never learn from his mistakes.  Glad to see the back of that pond hopper.

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Still gets heaped with praise in Ritchie's book. Blames the fans more for pushing Campbell out the door.

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'm not a violent man, but eternity in the 7 circles of hell would be a picnic compared to 5 minutes with me and a staedtler noris HB for the pair of wankstains

2 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

I'm not a violent man, but eternity in the 7 circles of hell would be a picnic compared to 5 minutes with me and a staedtler noris HB for the pair of wankstains

Why am I seeing images of "Blackadder" when I read that sentence????

Love it👏😂

14 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was a coach at Norwich and got the boot along with the rest of the coaching team and manager.  I just feel that if he wanted a managers post he could easily have held out for one instead of coming to us as dof.  He did well enough in his time at livi that he's bound to have had a decent chance of any jobs coming up.  I'm not saying he's a bottler I'm just wondering if having tasted management he doesn't fancy it and sees the dof role as the career he really feels more suited to.

He was out of work - no longer wanted by Livingston he was given the option to resign. being out of work he needed a job. Getting a decent job in Scottish if your an ex coach is difficult so it’s no surprise he jumped at the chance to be our director of football. He interviewed better than I thought he would and deserves a chance to make an impact . My concern is that his statement that he had taken Livingston as far as he could now looks ludicrous given their form since he left. On reading Martin Ritchies book their is an obvious pattern of passing the buck - forming new boards appointing chief executives or directors of football( all without ownership  to take on the thankless task of the day to day running of the club . A quick look at where the real ownership still sits even after Rawlings bizzare  but welcome ‘investment’ shows that nothing much has changed - I hope I’m wrong but it seems to me it’s all just papering over the cracks and those holding the equity still make the key decisions the result of which has been an unmatched decline in fortune.

4 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

He was out of work - no longer wanted by Livingston he was given the option to resign. being out of work he needed a job. Getting a decent job in Scottish if your an ex coach is difficult so it’s no surprise he jumped at the chance to be our director of football. He interviewed better than I thought he would and deserves a chance to make an impact . My concern is that his statement that he had taken Livingston as far as he could now looks ludicrous given their form since he left. On reading Martin Ritchies book their is an obvious pattern of passing the buck - forming new boards appointing chief executives or directors of football( all without ownership  to take on the thankless task of the day to day running of the club . A quick look at where the real ownership still sits even after Rawlings bizzare  but welcome ‘investment’ shows that nothing much has changed - I hope I’m wrong but it seems to me it’s all just papering over the cracks and those holding the equity still make the key decisions the result of which has been an unmatched decline in fortune.

It very much depends on how you take Holt's statement. If you take it as an admission that he just isn't up to front line management and has done as best he can then it rings true as Martindale has taken them on further and Holt had taken them as far as he as an individual could. It would back up his  claims of a change in career direction.

22 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Won`t mean a lot to most on here I would think as I`m going back to late 60`s (when flair players weren`t frowned upon). These two are still two of the best players I`ve seen in a Falkirk jersey.

John "Tiger" McLaughlin & Johnny Graham.

Tiger&Johnny.jpg

Great picture.

Are these two still about?

There is zero chance of Holt leaving us for Killie.    Could there be even the slightest possibility that the guy is telling the truth and that he wants the Sporting Director role the challenge excites him and he has no interest in becoming our manager or anywhere else?  For some reason on here that seems to be impossible but in the real world its perfectly plausible and good luck to him, I hope he does well with us.