Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Don’t think your too far off the mark regarding the game being off. From the latest infection rates in UK & Scotland, and multiple outbreaks at clubs all over, wouldn’t surprise me that this weekend for those games playable may be the last for a few weeks. High chance our FM will put football on hold till the end of February......

Football has been on hold at Falkirk for a decade! 

I'm really not too bothered if the game is off, it saves us from another loss temporarily, and having to listen to Miller or McCracken's post match pish about how they worked on things in training, blah blah.  

7 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

For those that want M&M sacked, out of curiosity, who would you want in in their place?

If you cycle back a few pages you'll see we've already had this conversation at least once.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

For those that want M&M sacked, out of curiosity, who would you want in in their place?

Some cracking names been suggested so far, Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre and David Hopkin being the picks of the bunch. There's a guy who's doing really well and has his team well clear at the top of L2. Don't know why we don't consider him? :unsure:

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Feck sake a Reddy for explaining to someone where to look to get some info. Times are hard but Jesus wept.😂😂

Gave you a greenie to balance it up

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Feck sake a Reddy for explaining to someone where to look to get some info. Times are hard but Jesus wept.😂😂

You love a “Jesus wept”. 

I’ll give you McCann and Hopkins but still don’t see a big issue with McIntyre. Decent record overall and would be a solid appointment. Doesn’t tick the ‘connection to the club’ box I suppose.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I think the general consensus is Pressley back.

4 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

You love a “Jesus wept”. 

I’ll give you McCann and Hopkins but still don’t see a big issue with McIntyre. Decent record overall and would be a solid appointment. Doesn’t tick the ‘no connection to the club’ box I suppose.

McIntyre who knows. As I said previously I'd like us to try someone on the way up in their career although not a complete novice than someone on the way down.  McIntyre was poor at Dundee and did knock us back before that although whether at that stage he'd been tipped off about another job who knows. Hopkin can't be that bad as he took livi up two divisions from exactly where we are the now. However, he seems to leave at the drop of a hat.  If I had a choice I'd say put all our efforts into trying to get Petrie from Montrose.  Might say no but you don't know till you ask.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McIntyre who knows. As I said previously I'd like us to try someone on the way up in their career although not a complete novice than someone on the way down.  McIntyre was poor at Dundee and did knock us back before that although whether at that stage he'd been tipped off about another job who knows. Hopkin can't be that bad as he took livi up two divisions from exactly where we are the now. However, he seems to leave at the drop of a hat.  If I had a choice I'd say put all our efforts into trying to get Petrie from Montrose.  Might say no but you don't know till you ask.

I like the concept of that but doesn’t leave many options. I don’t want a novice. Just because someone is on the merry-go-round doesn’t mean they’re on the way down.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

You love a “Jesus wept”. 

I’ll give you McCann and Hopkins but still don’t see a big issue with McIntyre. Decent record overall and would be a solid appointment. Doesn’t tick the ‘connection to the club’ box I suppose.

Well, if we've got to have someone with a club connection I'd go for Martin Rennie. Young guy, still on the way up, with a terrific track record. I'm sure we'd have no trouble in luring him away from Indianapolis! 

Darren Young was interest in the job before we gave it to Cracks and Miller

2 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Darren Young was interest in the job before we gave it to Cracks and Miller

Really? I’d rather have him than macintyre McCann etc.

Based on last Saturday though I doubt he’d want the gig 

I like the concept of that but doesn’t leave many options. I don’t want a novice. Just because someone is on the merry-go-round doesn’t mean they’re on the way down.
We're pretty far down to be looking at a manager on the way up. Would put us in the position of taking a risk on someone like Derek Ure or Ricky Waddell.

5 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

We're pretty far down to be looking at a manager on the way up. Would put us in the position of taking a risk on someone like Derek Ure or Ricky Waddell.

Yeah. Prefer that strategy where  someone has gained experience at that level and done well rather than a May or M and M thrust in to a high or pretty high level.

Really? I’d rather have him than macintyre McCann etc.
Based on last Saturday though I doubt he’d want the gig 

Yeah they applied Young and his assistant. Wanted a crack at full time.

Andy Rodgers just been let go as Asst Manager of the Shire, has a connection to the club 

and no I'm not being serious, we're not at panic stations yet but i think they will be if the next 2 l- 3 league games dont get turned around and we find ourselves off the top and into 3rd or worse

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Andy Rodgers just been let go as Asst Manager of the Shire, has a connection to the club 

and no I'm not being serious, we're not at panic stations yet but i think they will be if the next 2 l- 3 league games dont get turned around and we find ourselves off the top and into 3rd or worse

He just signed for Kelty as a player. I'd probably rather have him than Sammon/Dowds/Francis in all seriousness. He's third top scorer in the LL or something.

(Not advocating we sign Andy Rodgers btw but he might legitimately be better than the three musketeers mentioned above)

I was on a bit of a stag do with Andy Rodgers as we have a couple of mutual friends. It was on the day Scotland beat France 1-0 at Hampden.

That's my trivia for the day