The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I knew that happened in previous seasons but it's quite Incredible in the current climate. It's amazing how football has got away with all this when you look at other sports and how strict they've been forced to be. So you could get a player infecting not just one side but two at once who then go on to infect another 2 that weekend. Honestly you couldn't make it up.

He’ll be getting tested at his parent club FFS! Stop looking for issues where there are none!

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He’ll be getting tested at his parent club FFS! Stop looking for issues where there are none!

If he he had been on loan from the championship  he wouldn't be getting tested at all. This isn't an against Falkirk thing it just seems ludicrous that in the middle of this pandemic players have been  allowed to flit between clubs with no testing required at all whilst the rest of us are stuck in the house.  You've got a full-time player mixing with part time players on a Saturday who then go to work during the week whilst he goes to his full time side and has contact with another squad of players who then have contact with another set on the Saturday. I'm simply amazed this was allowed by the government. You look at cricket for example where players are unable to see their families for months on end as they are in bubbles which they are not allowed to leave unless for emergencies.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If he he had been on loan from the championship  he wouldn't be getting tested at all. This isn't an against Falkirk thing it just seems ludicrous that in the middle of this pandemic players have been  allowed to flit between clubs with no testing required at all whilst the rest of us are stuck in the house.  You've got a full-time player mixing with part time players on a Saturday who then go to work during the week whilst he goes to his full time side and has contact with another squad of players who then have contact with another set on the Saturday. I'm simply amazed this was allowed by the government. You look at cricket for example where players are unable to see their families for months on end as they are in bubbles which they are not allowed to leave unless for emergencies.

Championship players are being tested. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He is on loan from the Championship. Or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Championship players are being tested. 

Yes now they are but previously they weren't so a player would be moving between two different groups of players every week. I'm amazed that was allowed to happen at all given the circumstances. 

All depends on whether Holt would want a crack at management again. Can't help feeling that he's realised he's not cut out for life in the dugout as the number one. Would explain why he's quickly moved on in the two jobs he's had as a manager.  Would also back up the fact that to the bod had said he wouldn't be replacing m and m at any point. Perhaps he sees this role as his future post.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

All depends on whether Holt would want a crack at management again. Can't help feeling that he's realised he's not cut out for life in the dugout as the number one. Would explain why he's quickly moved on in the two jobs he's had as a manager.  Would also back up the fact that to the bod had said he wouldn't be replacing m and m at any point. Perhaps he sees this role as his future post.

He was offered a lucrative role at Norwich to leave us. Didn’t he then lose his job at Norwich? 
As for Livi I think we can see reasons why he may have chose to leave. He wasn’t the only one.

Again, I’m calling bullshit on all this bottling it stuff....

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

He was offered a lucrative role at Norwich to leave us. Didn’t he then lose his job at Norwich? 
As for Livi I think we can see reasons why he may have chose to leave. He wasn’t the only one.

He was a coach at Norwich and got the boot along with the rest of the coaching team and manager.  I just feel that if he wanted a managers post he could easily have held out for one instead of coming to us as dof.  He did well enough in his time at livi that he's bound to have had a decent chance of any jobs coming up.  I'm not saying he's a bottler I'm just wondering if having tasted management he doesn't fancy it and sees the dof role as the career he really feels more suited to.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think anyone with any standards as a human being would find it challenging working for Livvy. They are doing really well just now on the pitch but they truly are a disgusting shower.

He was a coach at Norwich and got the boot along with the rest of the coaching team and manager.  I just feel that if he wanted a managers post he could easily have held out for one instead of coming to us as dof.  He did well enough in his time at livi that he's bound to have had a decent chance of any jobs coming up.  I'm not saying he's a bottler I'm just wondering if having tasted management he doesn't fancy it and sees the dof role as the career he really feels more suited to.

Or, of course, he had no other offers in the pipeline and saw this as a door back into football with a club with real potential. Let’s face it, the only way is surely up (eventually).
You may be right, but I don’t think so....

Kai Fotheringham 17, ex-FFC Academy, made his first team debut at Dundee Utd midweek. How many is that now who have broken into playing first team football? 4 by my reckoning

Yep, and all our own fault for daring to criticise Craig Campbell. Even an open PR goal like Campbell resigning was screwed up spectacularly by Ritchie.

Indeed. Noticed the “changed man” who went from student to cocaine dealer to jail to Livingston handyman managed to somehow have a £350k flat in Edinburgh hidden from the “proceeds of crime” people.
When he tried to sell it in 2017, police became aware, and blocked the sale until he handed over a £34k fine. Yep, this is the “changed man” the media are happy to spin as a tale of redemption. Redemption my arse.

I have no doubt Hopkin and Holt got out for broadly similar reasons.

Absolutely no chance of him taking the managers role at Killie.
Hes made it abundantly clear he’s finished with that side of management. If you listen to his interview, he’s made it very clear where his ambitions and aims are, so let’s stop all the knicker wetting. 

Naivety if you think and man in football won’t be attracted by more money and I will drive him there if he wants

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes now they are but previously they weren't so a player would be moving between two different groups of players every week. I'm amazed that was allowed to happen at all given the circumstances. 

So fucking what? Previously they weren’t?  So everything is based on what used to happen? Better tell gay folk they can’t get married then, or women can’t vote, etc. Things change. We’re in the here and now, and now championship clubs are being tested so the guy can go on loan. 

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

So fucking what? Previously they weren’t?  So everything is based on what used to happen? Better tell gay folk they can’t get married then, or women can’t vote, etc. Things change. We’re in the here and now, and now championship clubs are being tested so the guy can go on loan. 

Calm down I'm just trying to have a decent discussion. Testing obviously has nothing to do with it as there was nothing to stop him going on loan before when there was no testing whatsoever. My whole point is just how lacks  football has been allowed to be that's all. Find it quite remarkable that it was allowed when there was no testing whatsoever and even now I thought they would be keeping exposure to a minimum.  By the time they get the test results back he could've infected two teams who could've infected another two teams. Crazy if you ask me but I seem to be in a minority of one.