The Falkirk FC Thread

Premiership clubs getting £1.6m of free money to hand over to 2nd rate players and parasite agents.

Meanwhile the man in the street who has lost their jobs and SME’s who have had no support outside furlough have to struggle on.

The Scottish Government need to take a long hard look at themselves.

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s getting to a stage where this could be a realistic option. Who’s gets a vote for changing to an 18 game season ? 

No idea, but would presume any decision like that would need voted on by clubs (assuming approval was given to start playing again). The only realistic options are null and void and an 18 game league. A null and void would presumably result in clubs furloughing any eligible players and mothballing until the new season. Therefore clubs will need an incentive to play on. Falkirk getting 1 point from the last 9 may just help them here. At the moment there are still 6 sides in with a chance of winning the league, and probably 7/8 who feel they are more likely to finish top 4 than bottom 2, therefore most would be more inclined to continue the season than void it because they have more to gain than to lose. Particularly if there are only around 7 games to play, every side will see it as one good run of form away from promotion. If Falkirk were currently 9 or 10 points ahead, which they could have been had it not been for some poor recent results, with only 7 games to go in an 18 game season, then I think most clubs wouldn't see the point in carrying on - although maybe the possibility of the play-offs would tempt them.

Given there is surely no chance of Highland and Lowland league finishing then I'd assume all of League 2 would want to carry on as there would be no relegation risk. I think it would have enough support to carry on with an 18 game finish, only really Forfar, Clyde, Peterhead and Dumbarton who might not be too keen - but even then they are all well within a shot of the play-offs, except Forfar.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

6 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Saw a fair point being made that lower league clubs will get hammered in the Cup due to being unable to even train whilst other clubs play as normal. 

Not to mention the fact that Arbroath have brought in a number of new players using their spare 500k whilst we've been unable to strengthen at all due to not knowing whether we'll play again. Will be interesting to see whether players signed after the original fixture date will be allowed to participate as normally they can't. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Agree. This is no longer ineptness on the part of the official bodies. Systemic corruption is fully imbedded in Scottish football (and Joe Fitzpatrick is a part of the story too).
It’s now obvious that when there is little attempt to hide it that you know it has become the norm. If we are geographically considered part of Europe, then I don’t think it would be out of order to believe that Scottish football is in all probability one of the three most corrupt football organisations in Europe, but because it so so insignificant in the grand scheme of things, it goes unchecked.

No idea, but would presume any decision like that would need voted on by clubs (assuming approval was given to start playing again). The only realistic options are null and void and an 18 game league. A null and void would presumably result in clubs furloughing any eligible players and mothballing until the new season. Therefore clubs will need an incentive to play on. Falkirk getting 1 point from the last 9 may just help them here. At the moment there are still 6 sides in with a chance of winning the league, and probably 7/8 who feel they are more likely to finish top 4 than bottom 2, therefore most would be more inclined to continue the season than void it because they have more to gain than to lose. Particularly if there are only around 7 games to play, every side will see it as one good run of form away from promotion. If Falkirk were currently 9 or 10 points ahead, which they could have been had it not been for some poor recent results, with only 7 games to go in an 18 game season, then I think most clubs wouldn't see the point in carrying on - although maybe the possibility of the play-offs would tempt them.
Given there is surely no chance of Highland and Lowland league finishing then I'd assume all of League 2 would want to carry on as there would be no relegation risk. I think it would have enough support to carry on with an 18 game finish, only really Forfar, Clyde, Peterhead and Dumbarton who might not be too keen - but even then they are all well within a shot of the play-offs, except Forfar.

I think the question is who decides if League One restarts, are only League One clubs involved in the decision and is it a case of a straight majority? If it’s only down to League One clubs I’d agree with your assessment. But if the other divisions are roped in I’ve no idea what would transpire....

If the league re-starts, and we lose top spot, we won’t get it back again regardless of what our new DoF does. The pressure on them to win the first game no ifs or buts will chew them up and spit them out.

If the league re-starts, and we lose top spot, we won’t get it back again regardless of what our new DoF does. The pressure on them to win the first game no ifs or buts will chew them up and spit them out.

Jeez, you’re a bundle of laughs....[emoji17]

Jeez, you’re a bundle of laughs....[emoji17]

I know. Momentum is very important, and prior to shutdown, we had lost it completely. There has been nothing about us this season that looked like a team on a mission. It’s been down to excellent individual displays from players like Morrison and Keena.
I just think one more howler of a performance, and we’ll fall to bits. That for me is how fragile things currently are.

20 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

What’s unfair about it? He’s a Dundee player and is allowed to use their facilities. Our league can loan players into February anyway so the paperwork might not even be signed until we are back up and running. Nothing is stopping our clowns doing the same.

Aye but you forgot EvrYbuDy iS OoT TAe GeT FaWKurT

52 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aye but you forgot EvrYbuDy iS OoT TAe GeT FaWKurT

Surely he's not allowed to use their facilities when a Partick player though.  How can they shut down part time teams and then let players flit between clubs to train. That would be ludicrous surely. I presume the boy deveney from Killie can't train with them aswell as with us.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

With the Authorities we’ve got it wouldn’t surprise me if this is allowed. Regardless of who’s team, I’d be shocked that even during lockdown players will have strict training activities set which in today’s world can be remotely monitored. Just hope walking the dog doesn’t count.......

I presume full time players on loan at part time clubs can only train part time with the team they are on loan to?  As you say though with the spfl anything is possible.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I presume full time players on loan at part time clubs can only train part time with the team they are on loan to?  As you say though with the spfl anything is possible.

They train with their parent clubs, always have

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They train with their parent clubs, always have

I knew that happened in previous seasons but it's quite Incredible in the current climate. It's amazing how football has got away with all this when you look at other sports and how strict they've been forced to be. So you could get a player infecting not just one side but two at once who then go on to infect another 2 that weekend. Honestly you couldn't make it up.

Kai Fotheringham 17, ex-FFC Academy, made his first team debut at Dundee Utd midweek. How many is that now who have broken into playing first team football? 4 by my reckoning

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Kai Fotheringham 17, ex-FFC Academy, made his first team debut at Dundee Utd midweek. How many is that now who have broken into playing first team football? 4 by my reckoning

Aye and yet some  folk were happy to see the back of it simply because of a couple of less productive years even though we were still making cash during that time from sell on/appearance bonuses.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You presume totally wrong. Why would a full time club loan a player out and let him train part time and drop his fitness levels when he’s still getting a full time wage? Seriously, this everyone’s against us attitude is really old firm esque.