The Falkirk FC Thread

I think we all agree that the two guys were brought in when we had sank to a new low. Not sure who would have touched us with three previous managers punted in the past couple+ years. Inexperienced yes, but for many was seen as getting some identity back. Roll on eighteen months and we’re top of the league and yes we’ve witness some woeful football, and a crap three games where we’ve performed very disappointingly (or shat one as posted) 
The new set up with Rawlins will have undoubtedly looked at all aspects of club, including the managers and will no doubt have set up targets which if not reached will end in change. 

You seem fixated with the “no one would take the Falkirk job line” to justify this crazy set up we have. I will say it again. When the Falkirk job becomes available there would be 50+ interested no matter how much turbulence is going on behind the scenes

53 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I think we all agree that the two guys were brought in when we had sank to a new low. Not sure who would have touched us with three previous managers punted in the past couple+ years. Inexperienced yes, but for many was seen as getting some identity back. Roll on eighteen months and we’re top of the league and yes we’ve witness some woeful football, and a crap three games where we’ve performed very disappointingly (or shat one as posted) 

The new set up with Rawlins will have undoubtedly looked at all aspects of club, including the managers and will no doubt have set up targets which if not reached will end in change. 

Cannot understand these posts stating that no manager would be interested in the job at FFC for whatever reason.

We are a massively underachieving club with decent facilities and a ridiculously loyal fan base, there would be no shortage of applications whenever the job became available.

I’ve no doubt the list of applicants would probably extend beyond 50+, of which through a proper selection process would see a whittled down number of single figures and most likely a top five selected for interview. For my fixation who would be acceptable for the role ? 

I would ask Tommy Wright if he was interested in a long term project, however that is not going to happen as we have appointed a managers coach and therefore nailed our colours to the good ship M&M

I would ask Tommy Wright if he was interested in a long term project, however that is not going to happen as we have appointed a managers coach and therefore nailed our colours to the good ship M&M

Why would we do this when the next step is staring us in the face?
If we keep winning and the management team are improving, we keep M and M. If we don’t we simply replace them with Holt who has the necessary experience and will have had time to understand the players and the issues.
No need to interview anyone.
I don’t think the board are as daft as is being made out here and plan B is already in place....

Why would we do this when the next step is staring us in the face?
If we keep winning and the management team are improving, we keep M and M. If we don’t we simply replace them with Holt who has the necessary experience and will have had time to understand the players and the issues.
No need to interview anyone.
I don’t think the board are as daft as is being made out here and plan B is already in place....

The Livingston Bib and Cone man? No thanks.

Anyway it’s irrelevant now as they are going down the manager coach route.

The Livingston Bib and Cone man? No thanks.

Anyway it’s irrelevant now as they are going down the manager coach route.
I always thought Tommy Wright wouldn't touch us, but he can't seem to get a job the now,, and money we paying for 2 managers and now a DOF,! Could maybe have tempted him,,, but with our board we go with people with Falkirk connections to please the crossbar challenge crew!

1 minute ago, steveffc said:

but with our board we go with people with Falkirk connections to please the crossbar challenge crew!

Now now, don’t you be slating the crossbar challenge. If we remove the ‘bantz’ then we take away the only thing M&M have to offer.

I always thought Tommy Wright wouldn't touch us, but he can't seem to get a job the now,, and money we paying for 2 managers and now a DOF,! Could maybe have tempted him,,, but with our board we go with people with Falkirk connections to please the crossbar challenge crew!

Personally I’d much rather be in that crew than the Paul Hartley avatar crew. Another with no connection, rather like McKinnon.....
Really, it’s about promotion and whether it’s more risky to change at this point or give the guys more time. Nothing to do with connection at this point....

20 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Thanks for that.

I might be wrong but I think some of the funds  raised were for Sammy Conn who was gravely ill.

Correct me if this is rubbish.

Apologies for another intrusion into your thread but thought you might appreciate this. More keepie-uppies and an important message on mental health which I know resonated with me a lot. 

Edited by airdrieman

20 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Apologies for another intrusion into your thread but thought you might appreciate this. More keepie-uppies and an important message on mental health which I know resonated with me a lot. 

Thanks Airdrieman

You are most welcome as far as I am concerned.

What a man - Willie McGuire, legend.

As I’ve said here many times, the Broomfield visit was always one of my favourites.

I really hope Holt won’t be shoehorned into the job if/when M+M are punted. Really don’t see the fascination with him. I thought he was poor with us first time around, left us for an assistants job at Norwich where he was subsequently sacked then got the job at Livi. They were on a dreadful run so he resigned and Martindale has them now on a 11 game unbeaten run. DOF but no where near the dug out please now or in the future. Strange one for me. 

5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

I’ve no doubt the list of applicants would probably extend beyond 50+, of which through a proper selection process would see a whittled down number of single figures and most likely a top five selected for interview. For my fixation who would be acceptable for the role ? 

You can't go from saying you're not sure anyone would touch us to having no doubt there would be more than 50+ applicants.......in  your very next post. That's just a tad contradictory.

And how exactly did many see appointing M+M as Falkirk getting their identity back? That's just subjective baloney.  

M&M was a joint appointment that the least number of people would be angered by. Nothing to do with “identity”, and everything to do with the BoD looking for a path of least criticism, and as pointed out, M&M were appointed by the two prime cartoon characters on the board.

M&M plus Holt still feels like a bit of a buckled wheel tbh. Not convinced that joined up writing is involved. For now, Holt has to get a grip of whatever is going wrong on the football side, and hope that Rawlins is going to trash a few comfy chairs further up the food chain.

You can't go from saying you're not sure anyone would touch us to having no doubt there would be more than 50+ applicants.......in  your very next post. That's just a tad contradictory.
And how exactly did many see appointing M+M as Falkirk getting their identity back? That's just subjective baloney.  

How many times do we hear people who are long term posters on here mention that they are losing interest in the club and can think of something better to do with their Saturdays?
No doubt one factor is the division we are in and the quality of football on display but I don’t believe that the posters on here are the glory hunter type (if that were even possible supporting Falkirk [emoji16]).
I think part of the issue is we don’t have any youngsters coming through the academy, no academy teams to follow the progression of youngsters, or anyone at senior level that we think is part of the club fabric and willing to stick around for the good of the club. Hence the waining interest.
I’m not suggesting M and M resolve that problem to any extent but they are ex players that some of us identify with, and help us to retain a bit of interest in that we want them to do well. Sadly that’s clearly not the view of the majority on here anymore, but it’s quite interesting to look back at some of the comments re how M and M were getting the best out of the players and sorting out the issues on the Falkirk v Cove thread and then to see the comments of the same posters after a couple of poor results and a catastrophic performance against East Fife....

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t believe that the posters on here are the glory hunter type (if that were even possible supporting Falkirk

I'm from Stirling, a Stirling Albion fan once called me a glory hunter for not supporting my local team 😂 first ever game was the 93 B&Q Cup final so my expectations on what to expect as impressionable 7 year old about to start on his footballing journey might well have had a case to answer after that night, so far from it now though

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

If you’ve followed my initial post, I was referring to who would we attract that would be acceptable for the role. Like all vacancies we’d probably attract tens upon tens of people applying but completely unsuitable for the actual role......so far we have T Wright...

Given who’s in charge right now, I’d say pretty much anyone who applied would be deemed acceptable. That’s how low the bar has been set at this Club.

Not to worry, we’ve employed Gary Holt to change M&M’s nappies for them.

Edited by MSG GTF!