The Falkirk FC Thread

It could easily have been answered differently.

“We have to get out of this league first before we even think about winning the Championship. David and Lee have us top of the league and in a good position to achieve the first step of getting us there”

Again, I don’t think it was Deans.
Irrespective, nothing wrong with showing support for the guys you have managing the team, and if it doesn’t work out it does not stop them from being sacked....

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You had to question why they were so keen to give up steady jobs to take up a caretaker post it was obvious they had been given the nod about the permanent job. Can't help feeling it reeks of the same situation as man utd and solskjaer but we don't have 3 years for them to finally get some improvement on the park like man u.

What is a steady job in football though?

I'm sure you're right about the nod to the jobs becoming permanent but that would have been based on them getting us promoted I would think. When Covid arrived they had the team in a better position than McKinnon and I do think that we would have overtaken Raith. The BOD probably thought the same and would have expected us to kick on this season and we played so good stuff pre season. Since then it hasn't happened for us in terms of performance if not results so, if performances don't pick up, I think Holt may act even if we do get promoted.

Looking at the championship and it’s absolutely bang average when you look at the results. If, and it’s a big if, we can get our house in order and get out of this league this season the opportunity to have a decent season next year is there. Just look at Raith. Doing very well in the Championship and they looked bang average last year (as did we btw). I know we have started to show signs of positive change but we need it to start echoing this on the park. I’m not getting ahead of myself or anything, I’m just stating from what I’ve seen of the teams in the championship there is nothing to fear. Recruitment would/always has been massive. 

Again, I don’t think it was Deans.
Irrespective, nothing wrong with showing support for the guys you have managing the team, and if it doesn’t work out it does not stop them from being sacked....

Whoever said it, think it was Colin McFarlane, said the whole board were behind them. That’s fair enough it’s their call. If it goes wrong then their judgement will be called into question

If that’s the case our fixtures would be Montrose (H), Forfar (A), Dumbarton (H), Airdrie (A), Clyde (H), Cove (A) and Peterhead (A). 

If we can’t win the league with a 2 point start out of those fixtures then we deserve to still be in league 1

Whoever said it, think it was Colin McFarlane, said the whole board were behind them. That’s fair enough it’s their call. If it goes wrong then their judgement will be called into question

It was Colin McFarlane.
I agree, the board, including the Rawlins make the decisions so are accountable.
Still think it’s the right call at this point though...

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It was Colin McFarlane.
I agree, the board, including the Rawlins make the decisions so are accountable.
Still think it’s the right call at this point though...

I haven’t noticed this “full backing”, although I haven’t seen/heard the McFarlane quote. 

I have seen deans say they are behind Lee and “Cracks”, but felt it was said in a very non emotive, management speak kind of way. Possibly you know more, but I get the impression the board know they can’t be sacked right now. Can’t sack managers top of the table. But also get the impression they’re not wholly convinced/impressed, and any further slip ups and the board wouldn’t be against cutting ties pretty quickly 

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I haven’t noticed this “full backing”, although I haven’t seen/heard the McFarlane quote. 

I have seen deans say they are behind Lee and “Cracks”, but felt it was said in a very non emotive, management speak kind of way. Possibly you know more, but I get the impression the board know they can’t be sacked right now. Can’t sack managers top of the table. But also get the impression they’re not wholly convinced/impressed, and any further slip ups and the board wouldn’t be against cutting ties pretty quickly 

We wouldn't be the first team to do it and could easily be put down to the shite football on offer. Pressure though would be very much on getting the right replacement in as they couldn't afford to feck up.

Agree, stepped back after earlier post, FFS can’t make light or sense of some of the comments, you’d think we’re bottom of the league with relegation staring us face on. I stated on more than one post that our footballs been shite apart from a couple of forty fives. Yes we’ve got two rookie managers but still top of the league. Rawlins will have asked for DD on M&M and probably anything that he’s now looking after. I’ve no doubt that if we don’t get promotion, changes will follow. And for those that chose to post three pages on Martindale get a grip [emoji848]

I believe that M and M have a call with the Rawlins weekly. I presume that plans are discussed at some level...

58 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, stepped back after earlier post, FFS can’t make light or sense of some of the comments, you’d think we’re bottom of the league with relegation staring us face on. I stated on more than one post that our footballs been shite apart from a couple of forty fives. Yes we’ve got two rookie managers but still top of the league. Rawlins will have asked for DD on M&M and probably anything that he’s now looking after. I’ve no doubt that if we don’t get promotion, changes will follow. And for those that chose to post three pages on Martindale get a grip 🤔

It's too late then. We really can't hang about at this level any longer.  There's only so much shit football the fans can take and it's a minor miracle that so many have hung about over the last few seasons. Another season.down here could be the straw that finally breaks the camels back.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, stepped back after earlier post, FFS can’t make light or sense of some of the comments, you’d think we’re bottom of the league with relegation staring us face on. I stated on more than one post that our footballs been shite apart from a couple of forty fives. Yes we’ve got two rookie managers but still top of the league. Rawlins will have asked for DD on M&M and probably anything that he’s now looking after. I’ve no doubt that if we don’t get promotion, changes will follow. And for those that chose to post three pages on Martindale get a grip 🤔

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If we can’t win the league with a 2 point start out of those fixtures then we deserve to still be in league 1

If only we hadn’t made an arse of the last three games, but then if my auntie had baws...

...she’d be a very strange woman.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

If we are about to reduce the league to 18 games, making a change at this stage would be madness...

5 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Looking at the championship and it’s absolutely bang average when you look at the results. If, and it’s a big if, we can get our house in order and get out of this league this season the opportunity to have a decent season next year is there. Just look at Raith. Doing very well in the Championship and they looked bang average last year (as did we btw). I know we have started to show signs of positive change but we need it to start echoing this on the park. I’m not getting ahead of myself or anything, I’m just stating from what I’ve seen of the teams in the championship there is nothing to fear. Recruitment would/always has been massive. 

We've changed a fair bit of our squad to be fair. 5 of our starting 11 today weren't at the club last season. 

I wouldn't expect Miller and Mcracken to recruit as well as Mcglynn has. 

Poor performance standards will always be accepted when the results are positive, and by luck or by design, that’s what we got until the final three games before league suspension.

When poor performances become dire performances, and bad results followed, then it’s hardly surprising that major doubts come to the surface very quickly. Not too many are saying “we’ve just been unlucky”.

I said after the Airdrie game that it didn’t feel like “a bad day at the office, we move on”. Nothing thereafter has looked or felt right.

On 16/01/2021 at 20:13, Dawson Park Boy said:

Saw Willie McGuire a few years ago at an FFC fundraiser and he could do keepy uppy with Smartie boxes. Amazing!!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-airdrie-star-willie-mcguire-1462573 

Willie is still a regular at New Broomfield (pre-pandemic) in hospitality, corporate boxes etc in an official club capacity. Could probably still get a game for both our sides. 

3 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-airdrie-star-willie-mcguire-1462573 

Willie is still a regular at New Broomfield (pre-pandemic) in hospitality, corporate boxes etc in an official club capacity. Could probably still get a game for both our sides. 

Thanks for that.

I might be wrong but I think some of the funds  raised were for Sammy Conn who was gravely ill.

Correct me if this is rubbish.