The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They have nailed the colours to the M&M mast as the men they believe can take us to the Premiership. So no changes any time soon

It’s a difficult one though isn’t it. We are top of the league, albeit a rubbish league, and whether you like it or not, Miller is loved by a large section of our support, especially younger fans due to his brilliant contribution on the pitch.

The Rawlins are successful and established business people and these people usually like to review things before making wholesale changes.

My opinion is that I don’t think M&M are the answer so just giving another view as per my comments.

No but if we'd had a dof when McKinnon got punted we might not be left with this pair.

You’d really think we were struggling against relegation when you read some of the stuff on here.
Of course the last two ‘experienced’ managers we appointed were well admired on here but that ended well.
I don’t think the board are doing much wrong at the moment for a change. Isn’t it time we got behind the club and gave them a chance to do what they have obviously agreed with the Rawlins and see how things progress?...

40 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No but if we'd had a dof when McKinnon got punted we might not be left with this pair.

Pure conjecture on my part but I think that M&M were appointed as a short-term solution. Subsequently they achieved some success and deserved to take things further with a new deal. I'm sure if they hadn't been given that extension that many people would've been (quite rightly) pretty unhappy at the time, especially given the previous two clusterfuck appointments. 

I would also suggest that they would be told: 'this is the figure we have to pay a management team' and that it would be considerably less that McKinnon and Taylor were on. I can't think why the club would insist on them being joint managers either and that's probably something that they decided between themselves. This would give them both some experience and standing of being manager rather than coach or assistant and would give them each a better chance of a permanent position elsewhere.

I think it's reasonable to assume that we would get better this season, not worse, but, as we know, the football since has been pretty dire. I wouldn't get shot of them right now though.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You’d really think we were struggling against relegation when you read some of the stuff on here.
Of course the last two ‘experienced’ managers we appointed were well admired on here but that ended well.
I don’t think the board are doing much wrong at the moment for a change. Isn’t it time we got behind the club and gave them a chance to do what they have obviously agreed with the Rawlins and see how things progress?...

We're making a hell of a hard job at getting out of the seaside leagues that's my concern. One season down here is one too many . It's just vital we go up this season and yet we've already given up a healthy lead.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Pure conjecture on my part but I think that M&M were appointed as a short-term solution. Subsequently they achieved some success and deserved to take things further with a new deal. I'm sure if they hadn't been given that extension that many people would've been (quite rightly) pretty unhappy at the time, especially given the previous two clusterfuck appointments. 

I would also suggest that they would be told: 'this is the figure we have to pay a management team' and that it would be considerably less that McKinnon and Taylor were on. I can't think why the club would insist on them being joint managers either and that's probably something that they decided between themselves. This would give them both some experience and standing of being manager rather than coach or assistant and would give them each a better chance of a permanent position elsewhere.

I think it's reasonable to assume that we would get better this season, not worse, but, as we know, the football since has been pretty dire. I wouldn't get shot of them right now though.

You had to question why they were so keen to give up steady jobs to take up a caretaker post it was obvious they had been given the nod about the permanent job. Can't help feeling it reeks of the same situation as man utd and solskjaer but we don't have 3 years for them to finally get some improvement on the park like man u.

We're making a hell of a hard job at getting out of the seaside leagues that's my concern. One season down here is one too many . It's just vital we go up this season and yet we've already given up a healthy lead.

Last season we certainly did....although it was taken out of our hands when we were looking like we could overhaul Raith. Thankfully we ditched the experienced manager we had early enough though.
This season, despite some of the football on show, we are where we need to be. It was never going to be a case of us winning it by 30 points - or looking like a Man City - which I’m convinced there are a few on here think we should be doing.
Plenty of other full time clubs have struggled down here in the past.
As I said, after the mess of the last few years, it’s going to take time, and the DOF being put in place is obviously to reduce some of the mistakes that we are still making at team level...

50 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They have nailed the colours to the M&M mast as the men they believe can take us to the Premiership. 

Has Deans actually said that?! Wow. That is astonishing. I'd love to know that is based on. 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Last season we certainly did....although it was taken out of our hands when we were looking like we could overhaul Raith. Thankfully we ditched the experienced manager we had early enough though.
This season, despite some of the football on show, we are where we need to be. It was never going to be a case of us winning it by 30 points - or looking like a Man City - which I’m convinced there are a few on here think we should be doing.
Plenty of other full time clubs have struggled down here in the past.
As I said, after the mess of the last few years, it’s going to take time, and the DOF being put in place is obviously to reduce some of the mistakes that we are still making at team level...

Last year we should've been winning it at a canter. No reason why not with the right people in charge. Even after m and m took over we had far too many draws and the January recruitment was dreadful and really cost us. This season recruitment has again been crap.  We may limp over the line but it's a hell of a gamble to take. You'd like to think that with the Rawlins involved and Holt we could have a few contacts out there regarding a decent managerial appointment.

You need someone with football experience to appoint the said manager though or you just get the same folk picking the same diddies like we have for the past decade or so.

They have nailed the colours to the M&M mast as the men they believe can take us to the Premiership. So no changes any time soon

Has Deans actually said that?! Wow. That is astonishing. I'd love to know that is based on. 

It was a question that was asked at the EGM which it was hardly possible to answer any other way. It wasn’t Deans who responded though if I recollect.
If we don’t perform and go up I’m sure they will be gone.
For now they are in place, we are top, and support has been added...

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

It was a question that was asked at the EGM which it was hardly possible to answer any other way. It wasn’t Deans who responded though if I recollect.

Unless the question was specifically in relation to the board/chairman's belief in the current management team's  ability to take the club to the Premier League, I'm sure it would have been perfectly possible to answer without direct reference to the top division. Considering they have yet to win a single game against full-time opposition, it's a continuation of the unnecessary hyperbole which needs to filed in the bin if we're ever going to start moving forward.

It could easily have been answered differently.

“We have to get out of this league first before we even think about winning the Championship. David and Lee have us top of the league and in a good position to achieve the first step of getting us there”