Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Just want a single manager again to praise, slaughter or anything in between again, not this half-baked concept. They steadied ship, time for something  more straightforward again. Give one, or both, roles in the coaching team if they have something to offer, I don’t see why pride should be such an issue if it came to it given the circumstances.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Gon someone explain the Neil McCann shouts to me please

He played very attractive, attacking football at Dundee. Think they had a total donkey upfront though.

Wanting Neil McCann as manager. :lol:

He's good for owning Tommy Wright, but football manager he ain't.

Paul Hartley was infinitely better and look how he turned out for you.

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Gon someone explain the Neil McCann shouts to me please

Alcohol poisoning after Hogmanay I reckon.

David Hopkin would surely apply. Whether he is any good mind you, I’ll leave that up to you to decide. 

Neil Mccann is a shocking shout. He was absolutely honking at Dundee and had fall outs left right and centre with the players because he's an arrogant twat. Not to mention he took us to court for the second year of his contract when he was done and pissed off we didn't give him the managers role instead of Eddie May. Hopkin's been a bit hit and miss in his roles so I can't really say I'd be overly happy with him. 

Edited by FFC 1876

A few news stories reporting stricter tiers most likely to be announced tomorrow by a recalled Scottish Parliament tomorrow in light of the escalating COVID infections. Zero chance of football in the lower league’s continuing without testing. Now that the the divisions are flush with the respective 500k & 150k cash injections surely our football is safe ?

26 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

And so it begins, Neil McCann and David Hopkin, Jesus wept...

Any suggestions for consideration if M+M are relieved of their duties? 

7 minutes ago, Top Bins said:

Any suggestions for consideration if M+M are relieved of their duties? 

I’m sure he’ll unearth an absolute nugget that nobodies thought of. There’s an array of managerial talent out there with the required credibility to take over within our budget and overall appeal.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

A few news stories reporting stricter tiers most likely to be announced tomorrow by a recalled Scottish Parliament tomorrow in light of the escalating COVID infections. Zero chance of football in the lower league’s continuing without testing. Now that the the divisions are flush with the respective 500k & 150k cash injections surely our football is safe ?

Ideal scenario: season is called, we get promoted despite our rancid style of play which means a) we can bin M&M to bring someone proper in and b) this team don't have to make my eyes bleed every second Saturday when I watch them on my TV. Rawlins then comes in and we have time to prepare for our return to the Championship. Here we go x

Is it too early to wheel out the season be called as it stands and we demand to be crowned champions 

Raith Rovers would vote against it.....

David Hopkin would surely apply. Whether he is any good mind you, I’ll leave that up to you to decide. 

Did well at Livi but poorly at Bradford and Morton. Appears Martindale was the brains of the operation if their respective careers are anything to go by.

Whilst I’m not a massive fan of the current management team, Hopkin signed 1 goalkeeper and 10 forwards for Morton this season, so for those who are complaining about the current squad building...

There is no obvious candidate out there to replace them, like there wasn’t by the time they came in.

When M&M came in I had suggested McDonagh at Edinburgh City. He had a 50% win record with them at the time in second place just behind moneybags Cove. Houston’s assistant, done the coaching when he was there and knew the club. Doesn’t seemed to have been as successful this year though.

Ultimately the board won’t sack them whilst we are top. But they should be planning for the worst case scenario and have options.

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

Did well at Livi but poorly at Bradford and Morton. Appears Martindale was the brains of the operation if their respective careers are anything to go by.

Whilst I’m not a massive fan of the current management team, Hopkin signed 1 goalkeeper and 10 forwards for Morton this season, so for those who are complaining about the current squad building...

There is no obvious candidate out there to replace them, like there wasn’t by the time they came in.

When M&M came in I had suggested McDonagh at Edinburgh City. He had a 50% win record with them at the time in second place just behind moneybags Cove. Houston’s assistant, done the coaching when he was there and knew the club. Doesn’t seemed to have been as successful this year though.

Ultimately the board won’t sack them whilst we are top. But they should be planning for the worst case scenario and have options.

Morton are doing okay are they not? 5th in the table currently which I would say is pretty good considering their current financial issues. Squad can't be that bad.

Just watched the highlights at East Fife and the defending for the 2nd goal is terrible at best

Gary Holt?

That'd be a push the boat out move considering he could probably get a lower top flight club/Championship job but the history is there and you can sell him the 'project' of getting you back to the top flight?

There's absolutely no way they'll call the season and promote a team based on eleven games.

Null it and start again in August is a more likely scenario.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gary Holt?

That'd be a push the boat out move considering he could probably get a lower top flight club/Championship job but the history is there and you can sell him the 'project' of getting you back to the top flight?

Gary Holt would be fantastic. No guarantees it would work out but as of today, that’s right, fantastic.