The Falkirk FC Thread

On a slightly different note, just reading that Dundee U have went back to their fans for more bail out money (£100K  2nd time) 
While no one can argue that the Pandemic has caused serious financial implications for all clubs, the statement released just sums up why Scottish football is f........d.
Paying Shankland £6K a week and actively looking to strengthen before the transfer window closes.
”“Mr Ogren said that United were in a unique situation in that he had invested a lot more money than he expected to win promotion and he did not have a contingency fund to draw on for the unforeseen Covid-19 crisis and the drastic reduction in income that this has caused.”

Yip

We have two managers and a managers coach so we are no exception

11 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Going to be a right laugh when the season restarts and we bottle the league. 

Had we been able to bring in a few decent players and gotten rid of some of the shite we have I'd have been a bit more optimistic. Sadly going with the same squad  I think that's exactly what will happen. Your really banking on Holt being some sort of miracle worker hoping he can get a tune out the managers and the players. 

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

McGhee is comfortably our best player behind Charlie Adam. He's excellent in midfield and his non-stop running and composure is a joy to watch. He lost out to being our PotY last season due to a split decision and Paul McGowan getting it out of loyalty. He's by far the best CH on our books too. I'm sure one of you will take the opportunity of the tap in of saying, 'That's not saying much because you're pish' but he's one of about 3 players in our whole squad I'd want to be in our team if we made it back to the Prem.

Been a top player for us.

I assume that Jakubiak's injured? Doesn't seem to have ben mentioned.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No were are just doing it under the cover of 50/50

50/50 offers something to the supporters and gives people something to look forward to on a Saturday during what is a very tough time for many, many people.

Dundee Utd and Andy Mill at Raith essentially just went begging to supporters, a number of so, I’d imagine would be furloughed or at risk of redundancy but would feel pressured to help the club they love.

We have two managers whose combined wages won’t even touch what the previous two chancers (and associate coaches) were on. We’ve appointed a DOF who we’ve all been crying out for after the disastrous decisions of the previous board. Considering that the new board don’t take any salaries from the club, a DOF is surely a wise investment?

[emoji23][emoji23]

You surely don’t believe we now have 3 people earning less than McKinnon ?

And no I wouldn’t have a DOF either

35 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I've noticed that you don't seem to have the same affection for the club, based on your posts on here. You were usually quite positive but seem to be the opposite now Any particular reason?

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

McGhee is comfortably our best player behind Charlie Adam. He's excellent in midfield and his non-stop running and composure is a joy to watch. He lost out to being our PotY last season due to a split decision and Paul McGowan getting it out of loyalty. He's by far the best CH on our books too. I'm sure one of you will take the opportunity of the tap in of saying, 'That's not saying much because you're pish' but he's one of about 3 players in our whole squad I'd want to be in our team if we made it back to the Prem.

Been a top player for us.

We never really used him in midfield but that might suit him better. He was never great at the back. Bit too soft to play centrehalf and used to get bullied physically especially in a back 4. Was a bit better in a back 3. Not a  good enough crosser of the ball to play full back either. Was our captain when we went down and was as culpable as any of them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I've noticed that you don't seem to have the same affection for the club, based on your posts on here. You were usually quite positive but seem to be the opposite now Any particular reason?

Not at all. Really happy Rawlins is in as I have faith he will kick the club on once he get the real picture and sees what is going on for himself.

What I can be arsed with is the lack of self awareness some have about our club.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not at all. Really happy Rawlins is in as I have faith he will kick the club on once he get the real picture and sees what is going on for himself.

What I can be arsed with is the lack of self awareness some have about our club.

The Rawlins  seemed to be behind  the need for a dof too or surely they would have not got involved in the employment process.

I love how united are crawling to their fans when there is 2 million quid of loans available from the government.  But of a cheek that in the current climate.

The Rawlins  seemed to be behind  the need for a dof too or surely they would have not got involved in the employment process.

I love how united are crawling to their fans when there is 2 million quid of loans available from the government.  But of a cheek that in the current climate.

I am not saying we shouldn’t have football experience on the board - it needs it 100%. In Division 3 not convinced we should be burning cash on it. An experienced manager would take away the need short term

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am not saying we shouldn’t have football experience on the board - it needs it 100%. In Division 3 not convinced we should be burning cash on it. An experienced manager would take away the need short term

You need someone with football experience to appoint the said manager though or you just get the same folk picking the same diddies like we have for the past decade or so.

You need someone with football experience to appoint the said manager though or you just get the same folk picking the same diddies like we have for the past decade or so.

They have nailed the colours to the M&M mast as the men they believe can take us to the Premiership. So no changes any time soon