The Falkirk FC Thread

While an experienced wheeler dealer can work wonders in terms of recruitment, the mysterious Martindale might come up short in the wheeling department.

Would love to know who installed him there, and what each new manager thought of “This guy’s your assistant manager, and naw, you cannae get rid of him. Oor boy has other stuff tae care of, so keep your nose oot. Is that understood.”

Was Martindale not initially a coach when he first came in after his jail spell when Hopkin was manager? I thought it strange at the time that a professional football club would have anything to do with someone who had served time, but livi have had their fair share of crooks.  Over time he's gradually ingratiated to be where he is now, and it would just be like Scottish football that he gets the nod on Tuesday to keep his gig despite being a convicted felon while Doncaster and the rest of the shite houses don't bat an eyelid. 

Was Martindale not initially a coach when he first came in after his jail spell when Hopkin was manager? I thought it strange at the time that a professional football club would have anything to do with someone who had served time, but livi have had their fair share of crooks.  Over time he's gradually ingratiated to be where he is now, and it would just be like Scottish football that he gets the nod on Tuesday to keep his gig despite being a convicted felon while Doncaster and the rest of the shite houses don't bat an eyelid. 

I think he started as the odd jobs man around the ground

I dont think I would want Martindale, any more than I would want unrepentant rapist c**t Goodwillie at Falkirk, but dont know how easy I would be with the SFA or SPFL telling Livingston they couldnt employ him.

Think this sort of thing is a decision that should be for a club and its fans if the time has been served.

In fact, in that regard aye give me Martindale before Goodwillie.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think I would want Martindale, any more than I would want unrepentant rapist c**t Goodwillie at Falkirk, but dont know how easy I would be with the SFA or SPFL telling Livingston they couldnt employ him.

Think this sort of thing is a decision that should be for a club and its fans if the time has been served.

I think with Martindale, he's done his time, which isn't the same as Goodwillie. So I'd be MUCH more comfortable with Martindale.

Martindale will work at livi but nowhere else. When it comes to time for him to move out the hot seat he'll be back in the background there I would think.  Can't see him ever managing elsewhere.

They're both.complete scumbags if you ask me. God knows how many folk died due to his drug selling .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Martindale will work at livi but nowhere else. When it comes to time for him to move out the hot seat he'll be back in the background there I would think.  Can't see him ever managing elsewhere.

They're both.complete scumbags if you ask me. God knows how many folk died due to his drug selling .

Agreed - it might be indirect but Martindale’s got blood on his hands - wouldn’t want him anywhere near Falkirk.