The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bantabairn said:

Just debating what people perceive as a good manager. 

No, you asked if Falkirk should make an approach for a manager who is currently at a club sitting in the top half of the Premiership and about to play in a major cup semi final.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Falkirk TV will have more subscribers than LiviTV so it's a no brainer for the lad.

Can't pass up the opportunity to manage the most successful challenge cup team in Scotland. Not to mention our abundance of fans and we also don't have a drum beat mafia.

44 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to manage in League 1 instead of trying to take Livingston into Europe.

League 1 is where we are, not what we are, just ask Gary Holt.

Edited by FFC 1876

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

League 1 is where we are, not what we are, just ask Gary Holt.

I understand you guys feel this isn't your home and I agree you are a club big enough to regularly feature in the Premiership, but if Livi win their game in hand they'll be 5 points behind Hibs who are 3rd. If you think he'll walk away from that, and the potential job offers that taking Livi to that sort of level would likely bring in the summer, to take Falkirk out of League 1 then I'll take a bag of whatever you are snorting.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I understand you guys feel this isn't your home and I agree you are a club big enough to regularly feature in the Premiership, but if Livi win their game in hand they'll be 5 points behind Hibs who are 3rd. If you think he'll walk away from that, and the potential job offers that taking Livi to that sort of level would likely bring in the summer, to take Falkirk out of League 1 then I'll take a bag of whatever you are snorting.

Aye but there's no prestige in that role and, being realistic, that's as far as he'll be able to take Livingston. Coming to us would open up a world of opportunity for him.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This nonsense is about the same Martindale that has been frequently slaughtered on here over the years for being a convicted drugs dealer?

No, totally different Martindale. This one's a football manager and absolutely, totally not a drug dealer. Do you think the authorities would let a drug dealer manage a football club? In a country with a shockingly bad drugs problem? Shurely not?

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Probably the same stuff Martindales dishing out to the Livingston players as a win bonus right now.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

if Livi win their game in hand they'll be 5 points behind Hibs who are 3rd

Good point, and exactly what I was thinking, we should be going for Jack Ross instead, better pedigree, local lad, knows the club etc and think he would get a tune out of some these players and has better connections than Martindale, of the footballing kind. 

On 20/01/2021 at 09:56, Dawson Park Boy said:

I never really blamed Yogi for that as most managers just want players at any cost.

It is up to the BOD to set the budget and , when required, say NO.

I think that is the kind of problem which we have been addressing in recent years!!

Yogi made it public he wanted more money.

If the board said no he would talk about his hands being tied and the club lacking ambition.

As it turned out he signed the wrong guys and nearly relegated us. He then quit for Hibs leaving us in a mess with expensive players.

38 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Good point, and exactly what I was thinking, we should be going for Jack Ross instead, better pedigree, local lad, knows the club etc and think he would get a tune out of some these players and has better connections than Martindale, of the footballing kind. 

Completely agree. However, Jack Ross was once the manager of Sunderland and I know for a fact that Jurgen Klopp went there once. I think he's already realised that he's taken Liverpool as far as he can and would relish a new challenge. Plus, some parts of Germany are quite like Scotland...

16 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Completely agree. However, Jack Ross was once the manager of Sunderland and I know for a fact that Jurgen Klopp went there once. I think he's already realised that he's taken Liverpool as far as he can and would relish a new challenge. Plus, some parts of Germany are quite like Scotland...

Klopp's still got a few more years of learning his trade before he's up to managing us in my opinion.