The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, kiddy said:

How much cash is Lord Haughey throwing at Queens Park? I see he's just made Leeann Dempster CEO!

The SFA flung 5 million quid at them . No idea why as they've put zero money into Hampden over the years and yet have charged the SFA a sizeable sum for rent every season. No idea how 5 million was the sum. If I'd been the SFA I'd have told them to bolt and moved elsewhere. Queen's park would've got desperate as they could never have afforded to run Hampden and the SFA could've got it for peanuts.  To me 5million was far too much but then haughey ponied up some of the cash for the SFA so it's no surprise they went for it.  The other clubs especially at that level should've been fuming though if you ask me as it's given them a huge advantage.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The SFA flung 5 million quid at them . No idea why as they've put zero money into Hampden over the years and yet have charged the SFA a sizeable sum for rent every season. No idea how 5 million was the sum. If I'd been the SFA I'd have told them to bolt and moved elsewhere. Queen's park would've got desperate as they could never have afforded to run Hampden and the SFA could've got it for peanuts.  To me 5million was far too much but then haughey ponied up some of the cash for the SFA so it's no surprise they went for it.  The other clubs especially at that level should've been fuming though if you ask me as it's given them a huge advantage.

That advantage balances itself out as they have McKinnon as manager though.

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If any club other than Falkirk is given or earns money in any way it seems your toys are right out the pram. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

If any club other than Falkirk is given or earns money in any way it seems your toys are right out the pram. 

If I think it's unreasonable then yes. I guess you agree with the 500k payments given to championship sides and the 5 million given to queen's park who had to be bailed out previously when the stadium nearly went bust and have invested zero money to bring it to it's current state.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If I think it's unreasonable then yes. I guess you agree with the 500k payments given to championship sides and the 5 million given to queen's park who had to be bailed out previously when the stadium nearly went bust and have invested zero money to bring it to it's current state.

Yup

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The decision was to suspend all football which doesn't have regular covid testing. Only the top two tiers of the men's game can realistically afford testing. The part-time/full-time thing does play a part in this, but is less important than the ability to test.

I don't actually think that's true. Do you have a source for this assertion? I don't think any consideration at all was given to whether they could afford to test. Hence the Championship clubs being left with the outstanding question that they can play on if they agree to do so.

The statement from the SFA was pretty clear that the predominant reason for the top two tiers being allowed to continue is that they are, in the vast majority, full time and the levels below are not. There are inevitably exceptional outliers to that of course (Arbroath, Alloa, Falkirk, Thistle and Queens Park, (poss also Airdrie?)).

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't actually think that's true. Do you have a source for this assertion? I don't think any consideration at all was given to whether they could afford to test. Hence the Championship clubs being left with the outstanding question that they can play on if they agree to do so.

The statement from the SFA was pretty clear that the predominant reason for the top two tiers being allowed to continue is that they are, in the vast majority, full time and the levels below are not. There are inevitably exceptional outliers to that of course (Arbroath, Alloa, Falkirk, Thistle and Queens Park, (poss also Airdrie?)).

AYE BUT WHIT WIZ GALLOWAY DAEIN AT YER GEMME?!?!

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yip noone asked the league one or two sides whether they were willing to test but I'm sure for an initial period of 3 weeks it wouldn't have been a problem especially as the cost of testing is nowhere near what it was back in the summer.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The decision was to suspend all football which doesn't have regular covid testing. Only the top two tiers of the men's game can realistically afford testing. The part-time/full-time thing does play a part in this, but is less important than the ability to test.

I don't think that's the case. To continue means to test every week. That's the pre requisite set out. But even if funds were available for this or paid for and supplied to every team in the lower leagues  all it would do is cause a complete and utter mess. The amount of positives that would come back from young fit guys who show no symptoms would be through the roof. These guys who otherwise wouldn't have been tested now have to isolate along with everyone they have come into contact with, not just their respective football teams, which will in turn effect the businesses they work for outside of football, then their colleagues there may then need to get tested/isolate forcing entire building sites, garages, etc etc to shut down. The knock on effect is massive. It's so much more than just some football games being played, which btw would be few and far between and the fixture pile up would make the whole thing pointless. Guranteed there wouldn't be a single week without a game being postponed. The quicker some people realise this and take their blinkers off the better for the sake of this god awful thread. 

That may have been the case in the summer when labs and companies were ripping off professional
Sport. There are many accurate approved antigen tests on the market which dramatically reduce the cost of testing.

I thought our club was meant to be improving its lines of communication. Well over 24 hours since the leagues were suspended and still nothing but old news which needs corrected. Can only presume they are all on furlough already and have switched the lights off.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That may have been the case in the summer when labs and companies were ripping off professional
Sport. There are many accurate approved antigen tests on the market which dramatically reduce the cost of testing.

Plus your only talking about an initial 3 weeks. Hardly going to break the bank.

I love how they cancelled all the championship games this midweek to make way for Scottish cup games before then putting the Scottish cup on hold. That's fantastic organisation for you.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

The SFA and SPFL can hide behind the p/t player non testing spreading argument all they want.

As far as I can see they shat themselves that SG were demanding they dealt with Celtic and threw the lower league clubs under a bus to give SG something and save their SKY TV deal.

I thought our club was meant to be improving its lines of communication. Well over 24 hours since the leagues were suspended and still nothing but old news which needs corrected. Can only presume they are all on furlough already and have switched the lights off.

Or maybe they want time to consider their options (if any) before rushing out a response....

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

The SFA and SPFL can hide behind the p/t player non testing spreading argument all they want.

As far as I can see they shat themselves that SG were demanding they dealt with Celtic and threw the lower league clubs under a bus to give SG something and save their SKY TV deal.

Spot on.

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Or maybe they want time to consider their options (if any) before rushing out a response....

That doesn't stop them telling folk about the SFA decision, that tonight's game is off and we aren't playing Montrose at 1pm on Saturday any more.  According to Twitter , Facebook and the website we still are.Surely that should be simple enough .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

That doesn't stop them telling folk about the SFA decision, that tonight's game is off and we aren't playing Montrose at 1pm on Saturday any more.  Surely that should be simple enough.

Perhaps they want to discuss any response with the Rawlins first and they are not available?
Anything they bring out is only going to give you more opportunity to criticise the club anyway....

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Perhaps they want to discuss any response with the Rawlins first and they are not available?
Anything they bring out is only going to give you more opportunity to criticise the club anyway....

How would I criticise simple information being put out.   Are you telling me they have to check with the Rawlins before announcing a game is postponed?  That would be ridiculous. 

If you go on virtually every other team website there is information telling you the leagues have been suspended and that the games coming up are off. If you go on ours it's still telling you we're playing Arbroath tonight.

Edited by Shadwell Dog