The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'd made the point a few times on here that the lower leagues getting away with not testing to me was astonishing. I mean crazy.

I really don't know who made that call but it was always going to be a huge issue should the pandemic get worse in Scotland.

The only time the lower league teams were forced to test was when playing the precious SPFL players - as if their lives and families are more important somehow. Or is it all really about a TV deal.

I agree testing should've been mandatory from the start . That was supposed to be what the 50k from the Hearts boy was for in the main was it not. 

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Knew this would get the holier than thou, zero riskers out in force. 

Everything we do in life comes with a risk. We evaluate these risks to weigh up whether an action is worth doing or not. There has been little to no evidence that playing football outdoors causes ANY increase in transmission. Very, very strict protocols in place which I know falkirk are following extremely seriously - no car shares, different changing room spaces etc. On the other hand, football is a lifeline to a huge number of people. Warnock said it best midweek. Turn on the news, and it’s death and horribleness wherever you look. Sport provides a brilliant escape from this and is arguably necessary.

Short sighted? Definitely. Have they learnt nothing in 10 months? NOTHING will improve in 3 weeks time. Suspending the Scottish cup as well, so there’s an impossible fixture backlog? Good one lads 😂😂.

I thought James Anderson granted each club money at the start of the season to test? Has that been spunked up the wall by everyone else too? I can just about understand wanting the league to be stopped until testing was in place. But an outright postponement? I do not think that is the correct decision. 

Elite football provides a lifeline to a lot of people and so can continue with testing. A bunch of brickies and plumbers coming off the day job and lumping the ball the way they're facing in the lower leagues do not. And so you've been shut down just like Civil Service Strollers and Whitehill Welfare.

oG0KX.gif.a8fdc124142d2f27645fb6f1aad0742a.gif

14 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Knew this would get the holier than thou, zero riskers out in force. 

Everything we do in life comes with a risk. We evaluate these risks to weigh up whether an action is worth doing or not. There has been little to no evidence that playing football outdoors causes ANY increase in transmission. Very, very strict protocols in place which I know falkirk are following extremely seriously - no car shares, different changing room spaces etc. On the other hand, football is a lifeline to a huge number of people. Warnock said it best midweek. Turn on the news, and it’s death and horribleness wherever you look. Sport provides a brilliant escape from this and is arguably necessary.

Short sighted? Definitely. Have they learnt nothing in 10 months? NOTHING will improve in 3 weeks time. Suspending the Scottish cup as well, so there’s an impossible fixture backlog? Good one lads 😂😂.

I thought James Anderson granted each club money at the start of the season to test? Has that been spunked up the wall by everyone else too? I can just about understand wanting the league to be stopped until testing was in place. But an outright postponement? I do not think that is the correct decision. 

It may end up being longer than three weeks.

I can’t agree with you here. We are about to go into a darker place for the next few weeks with the hope that enough vaccinations will have been done by the end of February for the numbers to tail off dramatically.

Doing the right thing here. But I agree that Championship clubs MUST test or be suspended too....

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

No reason why league one clubs can't be tested weekly. They've been given 200k in grants for Christ sake so costs shouldn't be an issue.

I’m not the one making the decision mate. 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely Alloa and Arbroath will have to forfeit all their games as their part time players cannot be in a bubble as such.

Exactly. It's a complete farce. If they are that serious about it then shut down the lot don't just cherry pick who can play and who can't. 

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It may end up being longer than three weeks.

I can’t agree with you here. We are about to go into a darker place for the next few weeks with the hope that enough vaccinations will have been done by the end of February for the numbers to tail off dramatically.

Doing the right thing here. But I agree that Championship clubs MUST test or be suspended too....

Israel has already vaccinated all its vulnerable and elderly people.

Job done with military precision.

Havent heard a word from the SG

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Elite football provides a lifeline to a lot of people and so can continue with testing. A bunch of brickies and plumbers coming off the day job and lumping the ball the way they're facing in the lower leagues do not. And so you've been shut down just like Civil Service Strollers and Whitehill Welfare.

oG0KX.gif.a8fdc124142d2f27645fb6f1aad0742a.gif

Possibly, but then alloa and arbroath are in your league, so it’s clearly not all to do with part time teams.

Suggesting your mental health is more important than others because your club is in a higher league also seems like shaky ground...

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I can’t see it due as occupation pending, their players will be mixing.

I don’t understand what you’re not getting. They will need to test weekly and anyone positive will not be involved in matches. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Ffs. Yes they will because they will be tested weekly. 

I think the spfl need to be clearer on the ruling here then. Has league one been shut down due to part time teams inability to provide a safe bubble? And if so why then are Alloa or Arbroath being allowed to play? If it's because they will be tested every week then what is preventing league one sides from testing every week having received a 50k payment to cover this month's ago and another 150k govt grant just recently. At the moment it seems more likely that the answer is well we really don't give a feck about clubs below the championship.

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Israel has already vaccinated all its vulnerable and elderly people.

Job done with military precision.

Havent heard a word from the SG

Actually read this morning that Israel have vaccinated 2/3 of the adult population, which is pretty remarkable.

To be fair on your point on SG, surely they can only vaccinate if they have enough doses, UKG buys and distributes them to the devolved nations.

Edited by falkirkzombie

Just now, CC52 FFC said:

What will be more interesting is that if football cannot continue at any point. There will be an up cry if the leagues are null in void and we have to start over again after what happened last season. 

With the one major exception being that lawell will be more than happy for that to happen this time.