The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We lost at Methil ! if there was a ground we would lose at this season it was there.

2 points ahead in the league.

Long way to go and the board will stick correctly with M&M for good or bad changing is not an option.

We drew with Forfar and got beat off Airdrie at home, drew with Partick twice having made little effort to go after them. We are now at the point where our form, and more crucially the eye test are both telling us that we need to rely on Partick and other continuing to be more shit than us in order to win this league. 

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Correct. He’s not taking an interest in a club fucking about in the third tier of Scottish football.

I can only hope you’re both right and Rawlins sorts this mess out immediately, but we’re also being told he doesn’t want to take control. God fu*king help us if he doesn’t.

There appears to be far too many people making key decisions at the Club and it needs to stop. We’re now suffering the consequences of a brainless decision by Lex Miller and Andy fu*king Thomson to appoint two idiots as our co-managers. We’re led to believe Craig Campbell and Margaret Lang made the decision to close the Academy. As has already been rumoured, it wouldn’t surprise me if that pr!ck Ritchie appoints his pal Pressley as DoF just to rub salt into the wound. Too many cooks sums this sh!tshow up entirely. Rawlins has a helluva job on his hands...

50 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Yes, but that constitutes a fair proportion of the fan base unfortunately. I know it has no impact on their ability or performance as managers, but I hate the fanboy culture that surrounds the pair of them, Miller in particular. Absolutely loathe it. It's so small-time. Until we outgrow that, and our general obsession with ex-players and handing them roles to which they are totally unsuited - see Gow, or today's suggestion of Pressley, a man who has repeatedly said that Scottish football is not big enough for a man of his talents, as DOF - we'll never move forward. 

Sums my feelings up exactly 👏

If I would say one thing in M&Ms defence, I suspect this team will perform significantly better with a fit Connolly and a fit Keena in it. Connolly has done well when he has played, BUT if they cant manage to do it two injury prone players, then it points to the fact that someone else will quite conceivably do as well but hopefully better.

It's just dawned on me that there's folk arguing that we cant do any better by hiring an experienced manager to replace two green as grass rookies in charge of a squad which once again, is underachieving based on the "on paper" of the league.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If I would say one thing in M&Ms defence, I suspect this team will perform significantly better with a fit Connolly and a fit Keena in it. Connolly has done well when he has played, BUT if they cant manage to do it two injury prone players, then it points to the fact that someone else will quite conceivably do as well but hopefully better.

Connolly is far too injury prone though. When you have a player like that you need to have another decent left sided player to compete with him for that spot. For some reason we haven't bothered. Same with Keena. We wouldn't be missing him so badly if they hadn't signed dross like dowds and Francis.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

It's just dawned on me that there's folk arguing that we cant do any better by hiring an experienced manager to replace two green as grass rookies in charge of a squad which once again, is underachieving based on the "on paper" of the league.

I think its the fact that all anyone can come up with is the usual suspects that are on the managerial merry go round that have been sacked elsewhere for their failure.  Off the top of my head i cant think of anyone so it should be a case of advertise the vacancy and see who applies other than that dont dare look at repeating the previous managerial disasters 

Just now, AL-FFC said:

I think its the fact that all anyone can come up with is the usual suspects that are on the managerial merry go round that have been sacked elsewhere for their failure.  Off the top of my head i cant think of anyone so it should be a case of advertise the vacancy and see who applies other than that dont dare look at repeating the previous managerial disasters 

I'd hardly have the likes of Petrie and young as members of the usual managerial merry go round.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd hardly have the likes of Petrie and young as members of the usual managerial merry go round.

True but we would repeat the same mistake if we didnt go about it the right way as we did with McKinnon and they might not be interested in it plus it would also depend on how they feel about the job they might not want the responsibilities of full time football.  Again advertise the job see who applies and take it from there but still feel we are in a situation where we appoint someone new and it derails things even more.  Its not at catastrophe level yet but i would say the next 2 - 3 league games will decide on where we are and if they have turned it around or not.

The manager merrygoround is indeed full of uninspiring managers, but it IS full of managers. One of the risks when you give someone their start in a career as a manager is surely that it might not be for them. They might turn out to be tactically inept, too soft, not shrewd enough or whatever. Surely you have to be prepared to acknowledge that aspect of the gamble and act accordingly.

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

True but we would repeat the same mistake if we didnt go about it the right way as we did with McKinnon and they might not be interested in it plus it would also depend on how they feel about the job they might not want the responsibilities of full time football.  Again advertise the job see who applies and take it from there but still feel we are in a situation where we appoint someone new and it derails things even more.  Its not at catastrophe level yet but i would say the next 2 - 3 league games will decide on where we are and if they have turned it around or not.

You put feelers out like any other club does you just don't make a complete mess of it like Campbell and Lang. 

I'd certainly make sure m and m had turned it around before allowing them to do anything in the January window. 

42 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You would have thought with the return of Loy we would have learned but no

Loy was a massive exception, life outside football changed him in one way or another, he was on fire at St Mirren previous season in which we should've pushed boat out to get him then when our strikers were struggling.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There is no real guaranteed success manager tho, today and last few weeks have been disappointing but we went with Hartley as the Messiah on paper success and that was the start of our massive downfall

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Connolly is far too injury prone though. When you have a player like that you need to have another decent left sided player to compete with him for that spot. For some reason we haven't bothered. Same with Keena. We wouldn't be missing him so badly if they hadn't signed dross like dowds and Francis.

How many games did Connolly miss last season ?

Has Keena a bad injury record pre Falkirk ?

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

An untried part time manager who won't leave his full time job for 3rd division Falkirk who have had 4 managers in 3 seasons to back that up for him 

If we are/were to go for new managers I expect better than that, someone who is hungry to try himself as a full time manager for a start 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The manager merrygoround is indeed full of uninspiring managers, but it IS full of managers. One of the risks when you give someone their start in a career as a manager is surely that it might not be for them. They might turn out to be tactically inept, too soft, not shrewd enough or whatever. Surely you have to be prepared to acknowledge that aspect of the gamble and act accordingly.

I keep.repeating myself but managerial doubleacts reek of temporary appointments.  It's never a long term thing and I can't think of any that have moved on to other clubs they always split up and go their separate ways. There's a reason for that in that it doesn't really work well other than short term

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

There is no real guaranteed success manager tho, today and last few weeks have been disappointing but we went with Hartley as the Messiah on paper success and that was the start of our massive downfall

"No guaranteed success" is never a reason to stick with a formula. Come on, we are running out of games to be sat in a rut of shite form telling us these guys just need time. 

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Loy was a massive exception, life outside football changed him in one way or another, he was on fire at St Mirren previous season in which we should've pushed boat out to get him then when our strikers were struggling.

How many games did Connolly miss last season ?

Has Keena a bad injury record pre Falkirk ?

An untried part time manager who won't leave his full time job for 3rd division Falkirk who have had 4 managers in 3 seasons to back that up for him 

If we are/were to go for new managers I expect better than that, someone who is hungry to try himself as a full time manager for a start 

Have you spoken to Petrie like?  How do you know that he isn't interested and rumours don't count. Last year was the most games Connolly played in a while. He normally hovers around the 20 mark. I never said Keena was injury prone  but he's not played much over the past few seasons and I said we wouldn't be missing him so much if we hadn't signed dross like dowds and Francis.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Keena has played 29 games in 3 seasons