The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We were 27 points behind Ross county that season. We never got anywhere near a chance at promotion.  In fact I don't think Pressley even got us into 2nd in any of his seasons in charge.  An appointment of the likes of Alex Neil back then would've seen us giving it a real shot no matter the tighter budget but no we appoint a complete loser.in Pressley.

At johnstone should be who we are trying to emulate as much as Hamilton. A well run club who contunually appoint one decent young manager after another and recruit well after selling on players for decent sums. Always there or there about when it comes to top 6 and the odd good cup run thrown in. All done on home crowds half the size of ours. It can be done you just need the right people in charge.

We were 7 points behind County at the end of February and fell apart, won 2, drew 3 and lost 6. Bearing in mind we also made the League Cup Semi Final and won the Challenge Cup I wouldn't have called it a bad season until it went pear shaped. You're right though, Ross County went unbeaten from their second game, we wouldn't have caught them.

Edited by welshbairn

58 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We were 27 points behind Ross county that season. We never got anywhere near a chance at promotion.  In fact I don't think Pressley even got us into 2nd in any of his seasons in charge.  An appointment of the likes of Alex Neil back then would've seen us giving it a real shot no matter the tighter budget but no we appoint a complete loser.in Pressley.

At johnstone should be who we are trying to emulate as much as Hamilton. A well run club who contunually appoint one decent young manager after another and recruit well after selling on players for decent sums. Always there or there about when it comes to top 6 and the odd good cup run thrown in. All done on home crowds half the size of ours. It can be done you just need the right people in charge.

St Johnstone can’t even pay the minimum wage.

Speaking of previous seasons, how good does 16/17 seem now. After the excitement of 15/16 it was a comedown but what anyone would give for that type of season again. I know it was the Kerr, Taiwo midfield era/frustration but it was functional and solid (only 8 defeats all season) with the play offs failures, really, the only problem. We only lost 12 games in 72 in the league over that period. Highly doubt I’ll take that lightly in The Championship again.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did we not get shamed for that with will vaulks a few years back too. He was on 1.33 a week with us never mind the minimum wage.

Wasnt that we left one worker short of £494.51:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/1945120/motherwell-greenock-morton-and-falkirk-fc-exposed-for-underpaying-footie-staff/

On 30/12/2020 at 22:02, MS RR said:

Oh here comes the invasion from the small clubs with the inferiority complex again. We just need Raith fans to come in and it's a tin-pot party. It's funny to know that if you combine Morton and Raith's average home attendances it still wouldn't match Falkirk's 😆.

Happy to oblige. I see the Falkirk fans have hit the wall. That second season in League 1 is never pleasant.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Happy to oblige. I see the Falkirk fans have hit the wall. That second season in League 1 is never pleasant.

I think a lot of us have distanced ourselves from the bragging over larger homes attendances unlike the aforementioned MS RR. Maybe it’s just  because we have a larger surrounding area than Kirkcaldy or Greenock that’s all adjoined to the fairly small town that is Falkirk. It’s not exactly because we’re a hotbed for a fanatical home support like most other clubs, more to do with local population.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

I see the bawbaggery of your club isnt just limited to the board room and management

At this point I should prod you some more and post the league trophy, but that would be unnecessarily antagonistic, so I won’t do that. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Only if you are willing to take@numbers_one_to_eleven too?....

Well he's so obviously already one of them, it's not even a good attempt at pretending to be a Falkirk fan. You just have to say Morton and Raith are tin-pot and he responds angrily with something that no Falkirk fan would haha. 

15 hours ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I believe they spoke to Dunfermline and Ayr United as well as us but opted for us.

I think the Rawlins' like what they do and will get a kick out of helping Falkirk and seeing us improve. However, they are business people so they'll definitely have an agenda which, I feel, will probably involve developing the land around the stadium.

Once we have a 5 star hotel and leisure complex their share value will rocket, they'll sell up and move on to the next sleeping giant (or dwarf if you're that #1-11 character).

Yeah I never thought of that!  Do the club definitely  own some of the  surrounding development land ? Irrespective at least the Rawlings have a good track record unlike that asshole of a taxi driver who got his rocks off pretending to have cash! Whatever the Rawlings motivation is at least it seems  for now they are focused on projecting us onwards and upwards. I sense 2021 will be a good year to be a bairn !