The Falkirk FC Thread

Standard response from a large section of our support. Of course,  with the hackneyed humour of saying it came from someone else on the board.

It is an utterly ridiculous statement to say the Falkirk support is partly responsible for the clubs downfall.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is an utterly ridiculous statement to say the Falkirk support is partly responsible for the clubs downfall.

Is it? I’ve seen some pretty hostile atmospheres or subdued atmospheres when the support can play a part. It’s okay though, we average 4500 fans.

So are we one of those groups of supporters who are lucky enough to support a club who demand a certain level of success?

WTF are you rambling on about now? You hit the bottle early?

4 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I don’t agree. When you say “we should be an SPL team” I assume you mean something along the lines of a Kilmarnock or St Johnstone. Year in year out SPL status and even flourishing at times. Good luck with that ambition supporting us. Tired of the nearly club tag like some are tired of the happy clapper supporters which has been aimed at me. And no, I’m not thunderously applauding a 0-0 home draw against Raith Rovers!

Yes, we should be like St Johnstone or Kilmarnock, in fact, we should 100% be better than St Johnstone based purely on our fanbase. Fanbase is everything in Scotland because, unlike England, there is no massive TV deals here. Falkirk have an attendance which is greater than almost half the clubs in the SPL. It is therefore reasonable to expect that we should be at a significantly higher level than we are. 

I think you're likely a bitter Raith or Morton fan who's on the windup here. The stuff you're coming out with sounds identical to the things those fan bases come up with because they don't like to admit that we genuinely are a biggish club in Scotland. 

2 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Standard response from a large section of our support. Of course,  with the hackneyed humour of saying it came from someone else on the board.

I had you down as Martin Ritchie but whoever you are you are the dream supporter for the Board.

Bewildering lack of ambition, why even bother?

Is there a medical condition for completely normal people who when talking about football suddenly become delusional and/or deranged? There are plenty of them on here! Thankfully we have a game on Saturday and people might actually post about that soon. 

Yes....they are usually referred to as Chairwoman, Chairman, or Owner.....or “relieved of duties Scottish Minister”.

47 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Yes, we should be like St Johnstone or Kilmarnock, in fact, we should 100% be better than St Johnstone based purely on our fanbase. Fanbase is everything in Scotland because, unlike England, there is no massive TV deals here. Falkirk have an attendance which is greater than almost half the clubs in the SPL. It is therefore reasonable to expect that we should be at a significantly higher level than we are. 

I think you're likely a bitter Raith or Morton fan who's on the windup here. The stuff you're coming out with sounds identical to the things those fan bases come up with because they don't like to admit that we genuinely are a biggish club in Scotland. 

I’m being honest on a forum. Footballs not a popularity contest but I can totally get why we’re one of those clubs that get up other clubs fans noses. Banging on about a bigger fan base than Raith or Morton 👏👏👏👏

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Football is incredibly lucky!!

In fact, I think it is far too generous for taxpayers money to be given out like this.

Agree. For most clubs in Divs. 1 and 2 it is two years season ticket and gate revenue. When you consider some of the charities and community services who are suffering financially it is obscene.

I’m being honest on a forum. Footballs not a popularity contest but I can totally get why we’re one of those clubs that get up other clubs fans noses. Banging on about a bigger fan base than Raith or Morton [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
Dont use the clap emoji if you want to be taken seriously IMO

46 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Fanbase is everything in Scotland.

Really? That being the case, I'm utterly mystified as to why we are grubbing about in the third tier, winless against any full-time team in more than a year and a half whilst Kilmarnock are on their 28th consecutive season in the Premier League, St Johnstone their 12th, Hamilton Academical their 7th. Or looking up at the likes of Alloa Athletic and Arbroath whilst our management team condition us that a point against Partick Thistleor Raith Rovers is now the height of our ambitions.  It's almost, almost as though this "massive fan base" you're forever banging on about actually counts for the square route of f**k all when you're run by the biggest bunch of clowns and incompetents to have inhabited a boardroom for well over a decade. 

15 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’m being honest on a forum. Footballs not a popularity contest but I can totally get why we’re one of those clubs that get up other clubs fans noses. Banging on about a bigger fan base than Raith or Morton 👏👏👏👏

Haha not going to comment on any of the points I made? It's so obvious you're not a Falkirk fan. Only a fan of a tin-pot team would see why we get up the noses of other fans. 

22 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Really? That being the case, I'm utterly mystified as to why we are grubbing about in the third tier, winless against any full-time team in more than a year and a half whilst Kilmarnock are on their 28th consecutive season in the Premier League, St Johnstone their 12th, Hamilton Academical their 7th. Or looking up at the likes of Alloa Athletic and Arbroath whilst our management team condition us that a point against Partick Thistleor Raith Rovers is now the height of our ambitions.  It's almost, almost as though this "massive fan base" you're forever banging on about actually counts for the square route of f**k all when you're run by the biggest bunch of clowns and incompetents to have inhabited a boardroom for well over a decade. 

Why are we disagreeing again because I’m with you on all that. My main issue with a lot of our fans is this attitude of we belong with in the SPL. For a club our size, I don’t see it as a given like obviuosly a lot city clubs. The exception is 2 or 3 clubs but there’s about at least another 10 clubs who would put a case forward for wanting to feel like they belong on the SPL. Easy to say but much much harder to do for a certain size of club I feel.

Yes, a bigger crowd in Scotland should lead more success. However we have been run like a bowling club at times. Threatening fans over copyright issues, false accusations of racism, shutting the academy, Aldi version of the Brentford model, paying off 4 players just weeks after they had signed, tapping up, denying it and then paying £100k for an awful manager, paying more players off.

If we want to be a premiership club, we need to act like a premiership club. St Johnstone are a good example to follow. Hopefully we are now on the right track and will be up the league over the next few years.