The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The point was that “Falkirk” have found it difficult to attract players, whereas teams we deem as inferior have been able to attract players that maybe weren’t “Falkirks” standard, but a better standard that they normally would have. 

Well the standard the now is rank rotten so God knows what it was like before.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

So we’re a much better side than last term then?
I don’t disagree but I’m kinda fed up with the ridiculous levels of negativity after our first defeat last week.
Let’s review the situation after the Thistle game.
Jeez, if anyone had said pre-season we could be turning the year 6 points clear of the field most would bite your hand off.
However a few are never happy and think we should be Barcelona....

1/2 way through the season and a few points ahead. Settle for that !

Anyway waiting on us getting humped/pumped on Saturday as the critics are saying 

Might happen, and if it does, a bit of negativity, despite being top of the table, is not unreasonable.
However, whilst we are comfortably clear at the top, over the top comments from some should not be welcome.
About time we got behind the team rather than take every opportunity to slate it when we are doing more than ok.
We are not a Championship club at the moment, so we shouldn’t expect top of the Championship performances either.
Next season, hopefully, will be a different matter....
Anyway, Happy Xmas to all, especially Shadwell Scrooge.....

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's an utter disgrace we were ever below them never mind for two seasons on the trot.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's an utter disgrace we were ever below them never mind for two seasons on the trot.

Issues related to previous management so don’t disagree.

Time to move on (upwards)....

48 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Logged on to P&B for the first time today and the first words I read were 'it's an utter disgrace' from Shadwell!! 😂

So we’re a much better side than last term then?
I don’t disagree but I’m kinda fed up with the ridiculous levels of negativity after our first defeat last week.
Let’s review the situation after the Thistle game.
Jeez, if anyone had said pre-season we could be turning the year 6 points clear of the field most would bite your hand off.
However a few are never happy and think we should be Barcelona....

I don’t think we are much better, if at all TBH. We are certainly weaker up front without McManus, but probably better elsewhere especially defensively.

We are in a good position and agree probably best judge after the weekend.

Long term not convinced with the management team getting us to where the club say they want to get to but they haven’t lost too many games in a year so that is probably harsh.

I don’t think we are much better, if at all TBH. We are certainly weaker up front without McManus, but probably better elsewhere especially defensively.

We are in a good position and agree probably best judge after the weekend.

Long term not convinced with the management team getting us to where the club say they want to get to but they haven’t lost too many games in a year so that is probably harsh.

I’m probably a bit more optimistic than you but don’t think it’s an unfair assessment.
I’m of the view that M&M are learning and by next season I think they will be more prepared.
Definitely think they have improved us tactically and probably man management wise compared to last season...

13 hours ago, Baggio said:

From what I can gather from the letter, the Rawlins investment is entirely seperate to the buyback. These are new shares giving the Rawlins a 26% shareholding (0.40 a share, £340500 investment total)

The club are buying back the shares from the outgoing 3 at 0.30 a share. They are then going to the offer them to fans at the market rate of 0.4 per share earning the club a small premium.

All these are proposals to be put before the AGM for approval.

All sounds too good to be true! I assume they will go through no problem but someone might know different... This is Falkirk after all...

Thanks !

That's a seriously decent set of proposals, the current BOD should be commended on putting this all together.  Changed days indeed.

Seems a no-brainer and hopefully it all goes through without a hitch.

Merry Christmas, it's already Christmas Day here in Oz in the future.

Stay safe.   

Thanks !
That's a seriously decent set of proposals, the current BOD should be commended on putting this all together.  Changed days indeed.
Seems a no-brainer and hopefully it all goes through without a hitch.
Merry Christmas, it's already Christmas Day here in Oz in the future.
Stay safe.   

Aye, but having to pay two of those on the MSG anything after their part in our demise sticks in the throat. You want out? We just go and hand back your shares and don’t darken the doors again.

We got joy finding spaces in behind the Partick midfield in the second half in the last game so it looks like M&M are going to try use that to get the best out us. Miller & Gomis in the middle is frustrating but if it means Alston, Todd and Morrison get to go play then hopefully it's for the best.

Edited by FFC 1876

42 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We got joy finding spaces in behind the Partick midfield in the second half in the last game so it looks like M&M are going to try use that to get the best out us. Miller & Gomis in the middle is frustrating but if it means Alston, Todd and Morrison get to go play then hopefully it's for the best.

Todd is far too slow to play out wide.