The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, AL-FFC said:

This might be way off the mark here but i hope with County looking for a new management team they dont look at M and M 

Can't see it. They've already tried the joint management team approach and whilst they won the league with their sizeable budget advantage I was never overly impressed by them and wasn't surprised when kettlewell was given sole charge of the side.  I doubt McGregor would go down that route again in the premiership.  McGregor will be flashing the cash at Tommy Wright just now and with the carrot of him providing his usual January war chest to sign a whole new team to replace the  crap signed in the summer I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there. 

M&M have done well but they've got a hell of a long way to go in order to be wanted by a premiership club. Majority of their signings and resignings have so far paid off this season and long may it continue.

Edited by FFC 1876

Only thing i can think of is ex Scottish Premiership manager out of work your prob right with the Tommy Wright as dont think he was sacked other than that there isnt many that would be worth a shout if we were to find ourselves in that position. looking about lower leagues M and M are prob about the only ones looking at top end of the championship clubs would need to be mental to look at a possible promotion to a relegation battle.  Hopkin prob one worth a shout for them as well now he is a free agent (that could be another reason he left Morton he money thing being used as an excuse).

22 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Only thing i can think of is ex Scottish Premiership manager out of work your prob right with the Tommy Wright as dont think he was sacked other than that there isnt many that would be worth a shout if we were to find ourselves in that position. looking about lower leagues M and M are prob about the only ones looking at top end of the championship clubs would need to be mental to look at a possible promotion to a relegation battle.  Hopkin prob one worth a shout for them as well now he is a free agent (that could be another reason he left Morton he money thing being used as an excuse).

There's something a bit fishy about Hopkin. Got livie promoted then didn't bother hanging about.  Was dreadful at Bradford.  Got the Morton gig then left there suddenly. Doesn't seem to hang about anywhere very long.

34 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

looking about lower leagues M and M are prob about the only ones looking at top end of the championship clubs 

Stewart Petrie is far and away the outstanding managerial talent at this level. Doing a very good job at Montrose on next to nothing and having lost some of his main players from last season. No idea of his work situation outside of football but he'd be near the top of any shortlist being drawn up by a Dundee or Dunfermline Athletic in the near future.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There's something a bit fishy about Hopkin. Got livie promoted then didn't bother hanging about.  Was dreadful at Bradford.  Got the Morton gig then left there suddenly. Doesn't seem to hang about anywhere very long.

Might have been the case where he had heard there would be a vacancy coming up with a Premiership club (forewarned) he quits at Morton and lo and behold Ross County gig comes up.  Wouldnt be the first time something like that has happened (Lennon at Hibs to Celtic as an example)

Edited by AL-FFC

Might have been the case where he had heard there would be a vacancy coming up with a Premiership club (forewarned) he quits at Morton and lo and behold Ross County gig comes up.  Wouldnt be the first time something like that has happened (Lennon at Hibs to Celtic as an example)
Cue Morton fans leaving us to head for the Staggies P&B pages. #yesterdaysnews

10 minutes ago, kiddy said:
53 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Cue Morton fans leaving us to head for the Staggies P&B pages. #yesterdaysnews

Theyll be asking for their millions in compensation..lol

No disrespect to M&M, I desperately want them to succeed but theres no way they will be getting quoted by anyone a league up. They are only with us because of their association with the club and have been managers for a few months. Lets hope they achieve enough to get themselves a better job.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No disrespect to M&M, I desperately want them to succeed but theres no way they will be getting quoted by anyone a league up. They are only with us because of their association with the club and have been managers for a few months. Lets hope they achieve enough to get themselves a better job.

Thing is you never know up here. It’s all a bit mad just now.

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If you’re referring to me, my wife and I will be getting the jab as soon as possible.

Never been an issue.

we have adhered to all the legal requirements.

As to discretionary requirements, then that’s my business.

Aye, that's what I thought. Well confirmed!

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Huge call for Ross County, with St Mids & Hamilton picking up form there’s already a gap appearing at the bottom. Unlike some clubs cash will come direct from McGregors wealth so it’s an easier transition for bringing in the likes of Wright or Hopkins. M&M still cutting teeth and will not even be a discussion as McGregor knows that if he gets it wrong he personally looses a hellava load of cash. As earlier posted thought the last intake of players was at best below average compared to recent seasons and as a consequence sit bottom. For me he’ll go for experience and will be to soon for the likes of Petrie and for me the one under the radar is Grant at Alloa. 

Talk of that nutjob Adams going back which would make sense as McGregor and him both have a screw loose. Ross county would be in an even better place if McGregor simply financed the club. His decision making in a football sense is completely hopeless and is the reason why they are in relegation trouble virtually every January window before a new team is brought in which works for another 6 months.

Whilst m and m are doing great the now, managerial doubleacts very rarely last long term or get picked up by other clubs.  Individuals want to be their own man , make their own decisions and have different ambitions.  I reckon when they have finished at Falkirk they will both go their separate ways into coaching roles elsewhere who knows though when that may be but hopefully after lifting the league one title for starters anyway .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

I have this awful feeling we’ll blow it today. It’s the Falkirk way isn’t it? I severely hope I’m wrong but whenever the ball is in our court, we usually bottle it. Hopefully it’s time for that to change.

The one bonus we have this year is at least there aren't any big crowds turning up full of hope that we always blow it in front of. Could be in our favour this season.

20 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I have this awful feeling we’ll blow it today. It’s the Falkirk way isn’t it? I severely hope I’m wrong but whenever the ball is in our court, we usually bottle it. Hopefully it’s time for that to change.

I don’t see this at all tbh. I’m fairly confident today. We are a better team than the majority of the league and the players look like they know this and look very confident which is great.

22 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly. Unfortunately Scottish football encourages mismanagement and over expenditure . You only have to look at where all the clubs that shafted their creditors are in the leagues. Livie, Dundee, Dunfermline, sevco Motherwell etc all above us a club that has always done things the right way. This just emphasises that setup. You've overspent and need 500k to survive no problem who should we make the cheque out to? 

20 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Of course I realise you also can point to the timeframe, but I hardly think something that happened more than 20 years ago is an indicator that we cannot currently be a well run club.

Fully agree, however your man above there is complaining about clubs who likewise haven't been in financial bother in a few years, what's the cut off? Dunfermline have posted profits most years AFAIK, the Motherwell admin must be approaching 20 years ago aswell! 

12 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

This might be way off the mark here but i hope with County looking for a new management team they dont look at M and M 

Too early to judge with M and M with regards to them being so good they're getting quoted for higher jobs, have they beaten another full time side with Falkirk yet? Alan Johnston blew away this division twice and well, he's just not very good.