The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why are you making this such an issue? They got the cash because they performed on the pitch and got higher than most expect them to.
Some clubs gain and some lose. That’s life. The reality is that it’s fair that all clubs in the same division are treated equally.
We should not be complaining because a body stepped in and helped out the lower division clubs. We should be welcoming it....

Because it's money that could be used far better elsewhere than the sums being handed out to what are basically insolvent companies.  I'm fine with the govt providing small safety net payments as a cushion to help clubs along. What I'm not fine with is the government giving out huge sums of money to keep poorly run organisations afloat.  The very maximum payout to champ clubs should've been circa 100k in my book and then filter the cash down from there. If I was a restauranteur or cafe owner I'd be quite right to be wondering when I'm getting my 500k of free money. Let's face it Alloa are basically a govt funded organisation with that sort of money being invested. They don't need anywhere near that size of sum whilst other organizations are going to the wall.

The way i see it if you cant afford a football club then dont own one, it shouldnt be up to the govt to bail you out the shit.  The clubs were warned to be prepared to play the season with no fans they were given the option to hibernate.  As the twitter posts from Morton fans show they continued to sign players with no regard for the financial implication (basically if the owners had no intention of stumping up the money then where did they expect to get the money from) or were they reliant of being in a  promotion position and prize money to see them right and given the matter there is no punishment for going into administration this is also givng clubs a free pass in getting themselves into the shit with no punishment so why should you run your club prudently.
Happy for us to take the moral high ground in this one.

I don’t wholly agree with this.
Few who own commercial businesses expect to be able to continue to be self sufficient when there is no revenue.
Why should it be any different for the owners of a football club?
However as we said, the option was there to hibernate and was not taken up.
Admittedly it would have probably meant people losing their livelihood, both on and off the pitch. So it’s not an easy thing to commit to either....

It's amazing how much some fans are enjoying Falkirk being in the seaside league. The likes of Morton and Raith who are both tin pot teams have an inferiority complex which drives them on to our page. The funny thing is, we just buy their best players even when we're in the seaside league because we're a bigger club. 

Edited by MS RR

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Few who own commercial businesses expect to be able to continue to be self sufficient when there is no revenue.
Admittedly it would have probably meant people losing their livelihood, both on and off the pitch. So it’s not an easy thing to commit to either....

Clubs unlike certain other industries have at times are still able to sell season tickets and merchandise etc. It's not as if they have been forced to shut down completely they still have income streams. The problem is the same problem it's always been. Clubs instead of cutting their cloth want to keep the same level of competitiveness no matter what their income is and that will continue to happen for as long as people in this case the govt are willing to bail them out. In other industries organisations have been forced to let workers go , have cut hours or have reduced outgoings in other ways.  All this is doing is saying to football clubs carry on losing money we'll cover your losses no problem.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Its a completely different industry  from the likes of manufacturing, retail etc.  The biggest issue i can take from it is if clubs are being ran poorly the current state of play with no points deduction for getting your club into administration only encourages clubs to pay more than they can afford . administrator gets called in creditors get shafted  and for what  another Craig Whyte, Dundee have been in admin twice and Livvy 3 times how many times should someone be shafted because someone wants to piss away someone else's money.  In this current climate a lot of families have lost jobs had income reduced and have had to cut their cloth accordingly so i don't see how it can be right for a club to piss away money they don't have when everyone else is having to make personal sacrifices to survive.  

Point was raised earlier in it though signing players then asking them to take a wage cut,  look at Furlough we were one of the few clubs that topped the players salaries up to 100% when others  went with begging bowls for supporters to stump up carrying the message cause if you dont you might not have a club to support. 

38 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why are you making this such an issue? They got the cash because they performed on the pitch and got higher than most expect them to.
Some clubs gain and some lose. That’s life. The reality is that it’s fair that all clubs in the same division are treated equally.
We should not be complaining because a body stepped in and helped out the lower division clubs. We should be welcoming it....

They’ve also got representation on the SPFL board - just saying likes.

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Its a completely different industry  from the likes of manufacturing, retail etc.  The biggest issue i can take from it is if clubs are being ran poorly the current state of play with no points deduction for getting your club into administration only encourages clubs to pay more than they can afford . administrator gets called in creditors get shafted  and for what  another Craig Whyte, Dundee have been in admin twice and Livvy 3 times how many times should someone be shafted because someone wants to piss away someone else's money.  In this current climate a lot of families have lost jobs had income reduced and have had to cut their cloth accordingly so i don't see how it can be right for a club to piss away money they don't have when everyone else is having to make personal sacrifices to survive.  

Point was raised earlier in it though signing players then asking them to take a wage cut,  look at Furlough we were one of the few clubs that topped the players salaries up to 100% when others  went with begging bowls for supporters to stump up carrying the message cause if you dont you might not have a club to support. 

Exactly. Unfortunately Scottish football encourages mismanagement and over expenditure . You only have to look at where all the clubs that shafted their creditors are in the leagues. Livie, Dundee, Dunfermline, sevco Motherwell etc all above us a club that has always done things the right way. This just emphasises that setup. You've overspent and need 500k to survive no problem who should we make the cheque out to? 

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You only have to look at where all the clubs that shafted their creditors are in the leagues. Livie, Dundee, Dunfermline, sevco Motherwell etc all above us a club that has always done things the right way

Have you f**k. You went into provisional liquidation in 1998. Hardly doing things the right way. Just got lucky somebody bailed you out at the last minute.

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Have you f**k. You went into provisional liquidation in 1998. Hardly doing things the right way. Just got lucky somebody bailed you out at the last minute.

The fans rallied together and saved the club 

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Yes and the fans  paid back every single penny.  Not 0p in the pound shite like other clubs. We didn't shaft local companies like the clubs mentioned. Seems to be the best way to go these days. Overspend shaft the local industries that have helped you and then carry on as if nothings happened and in some cases even do it again FFS.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

17 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We paid our creditors back every penny we didnt get a CVA

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We paid our creditors back every penny we didnt get a CVA

Exactly you can't compare Dunfermline embarrassing shafting of local companies giving them zero money back to the pound to our situation at all. The latter is blatant cheating and an embarrassment to any club that does it.

I think what's pissing us off is our club has cut it's cloth and budgeted to get through the season with no fans. Other clubs that haven't are being rewarded by the taxpayer, in some cases with huge sums they couldn't have dreamt of making legitimately. 

A small contribution, prize money last season was as follows:

Championship prize money was just over £3m in total. Average of £300k per club with top getting £562k and bottom £175k.

League One prize money was £862k. Average of £86k per club with top getting £125k and bottom £72.5k. 

It looks to me like the grant has been distributed in a similar way to prize money with Championship teams getting 3.5 times more. Its actually slightly less than that with the grant only a mere 3.3 times more! 

Edited by Trogdor