The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Was a good player for us, obviously wasn’t the fastest midfielder, but with a peach of a left foot and great reading of the game didn’t need to be, think this season might be his last in top flight and would be surprised if a few teams haven’t already been in touch. 

If you listen to his hope Street podcast we could've had him back when he left Hibs I think it was but we'd already spent our budget on complete duds at the time so he ended up back at St johnstone.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If you listen to his hope Street podcast we could've had him back when he left Hibs I think it was but we'd already spent our budget on complete duds at the time so he ended up back at St johnstone.

Should never have been allowed to leave.

Him and Paul Watson.[emoji23][emoji23]

Yep, O’Hara plus Watson plus Craig made for an ex Bairns hat trick in the three key moments that fired the fifers out of the competition. Not a “punch the air with joy” moment, but certainly gave a wee Ready Brek glow for a while.
IMG_1608118008.257939.jpg

21 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

QotS are leaking goals. Surely a reunion of Durnan and Buchanan, who were at the heart of the defence with the best defensive record in L1 last season, would tighten things up for them. Durnan is also a former QotS hero and would be welcomed back by Queens fans. We could swap him for Obileye.

It's just a pity QoS don't actually have a manager akin to John Lambie who was an utter buffoon in the transfer market or we could  swap him for Dobbie. 

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

emoji38.png We have 2 CB's on our books and one of them is Gregor Buchanan ffs.

I am sensing you are not loving our captain marvel from last season ?

I havent used man bun this season at all or in a derogatory fashion

15 hours ago, kiddy said:

Liam Craig slots home the final penalty for the Saintees to bin the Fifers out the LC. Watson & O'Hara miss for the Pars.

How many seasons is that he's played  in the top division since leaving? Mr Hughes certainly had his number,

He didnt fit in with our tippy tappy football and was unable to pass the ball 3 yards, 20/30/40 yards yes but not short and sharp, decent set piece but it was all about time and a place for his career to kick on with us and it wouldnt with our style of play at that time. I have no grievance with Hughes over this and Craig wont either, bar the Hibs move his career has been decent

34 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I am sensing you are not loving our captain marvel from last season ?

I havent used man bun this season at all or in a derogatory fashion

He didnt fit in with our tippy tappy football and was unable to pass the ball 3 yards, 20/30/40 yards yes but not short and sharp, decent set piece but it was all about time and a place for his career to kick on with us and it wouldnt with our style of play at that time. I have no grievance with Hughes over this and Craig wont either, bar the Hibs move his career has been decent

I'd take him over McBride any day of the week tippy tappy style of football or not.

On 15/12/2020 at 16:25, FFC 1876 said:

Watch the highlights of their game against Raith earlier in the season then amend your point about us taking Obileye. 

I've changed my mind, have a look at the highlights from their game against Hearts last weekend then you'll see how 'good' Obileye is. Looks absolutely honking.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd take him over McBride any day of the week tippy tappy style of football or not.

As said, time and place, Craig was gone as was Latapy, O'Donnell, Thomson and Cregg barely got a game. The latter being a strange Yogi signing for Hibs after the final season at Falkirk with him.

Funnily enough I listened to the WDHS Liam Craig podcast today. 

Basically said he left because he couldn't get in the team which was fair enough, we had some quality players that season especially in midfield. Obviously he would walk in to our team now and most seasons since then, but Yogi letting him leave wasn't the reason we have regressed so badly over the last 10 years 

10 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

If the news is to be believed, Morton and a few  teams in difficulty.

Hopkin paying players out his own pocket, cant help but think that in amongst that list Raith will be amongst them, maybe they could start a crowd funder the last time they were pleading poverty or ask the other clubs to help fund them:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-government-warned-critical-championship-23178871

Edited by AL-FFC

5 hours ago, Albertobotswana said:

If the news is to be believed, Morton and a few  teams in difficulty.

Can't say I'd she'd any tears for Morton going belly up. The sweety boy kept them going for years before he carked it and his son then said feck that I'm not pishing my inheritance down the drain on greenock feckin Morton.  They along with other sides obviously haven't cut their cloth accordingly to get through this season.  If your outgoings are far more than your incomings then you ain't going to last long and are taking up a championship spot that a club run properly financially could be taking up. Good to see that it's clubs that voted yes to last season's debacle that could be going tits up.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Hopkin paying players out his own pocket, cant help but think that in amongst that list Raith will be amongst them, maybe they could start a crowd funder the last time they were pleading poverty or ask the other clubs to help fund them:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-government-warned-critical-championship-23178871

In an ideal world we shouldn't revel in other clubs misfortune but they created the monster. As stated before we've been royally shafted by other clubs via votes and the authorities decisions too many times.  Our BOD were soft as putty in the past which didn't help. The goody two shoes days are over for us hopefully.  Law of the jungle where the strongest survive  its about time it was our turn. Il have little sympathy. 

Another club source told us: “There are clubs in the Championship who have ambitions to get into the Premiership and are paying players and staff accordingly. They are the ones in need of urgent assistance."

Why the feck should the Scottish government fund the pipe dreams of these clubs.  We all want to get into the top flight but that doesn't mean we should be building squads of players that we can't afford to get there. Ludicrous stuff.

Edited by Shadwell Dog