The Falkirk FC Thread

Here is where Francis sits in league performances so far.
If it’s correct he has scored 2 and assisted 2 in 360 mins on the pitch so far this season.
Hardly disastrous for a young player still finding his feet and he compares well with other established strikers at this point....IMG_0135.thumb.jpg.fca09a320f341bb2dfd9f27023e8e455.jpg

That'll be 2 more than Dennon then? The lad deserves a bit of time & encouragement.

On 12/12/2020 at 21:59, Donathan said:

6 point lead at the 1/3 mark is a fantastic start. The best part for me is that I don’t even really feel we’re at top gear. We’re just going out there and winning against teams that we’re better than. I think we have a great chance to win the league.

Totally agree with the top gear point - feel like we’ve been very ordinary and yet still got almost maximum points. 

11 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Sneddon is the only one I'd see being loaned out.  It's make or break for Laverty this season I feel and if he's not going to be given minutes with us in League 1 then it suggests M&M don't see him as a long term option.  There should be plenty of games where we are 2 or 3 up and in a position to bring him on if the plan is to develop him. As some have suggested before it could be that his 1 year deal was an inexpensive gamble and loyalty for his long spell injured and inability to give it a proper go up to now.  

Nobody would take Durnan.  

I reckon someone would take durnan no problem.  We've managed to move on worse centrebacks than him over the past decade or so. Even Buchanan got a gig and he was being  kept out the team by durnan at the tail end of last season. 

I can't see Durnan going anywhere tbh, as much as he's a liability I think he will get kept for cover.  He's another one that if we do go up I can't see him being with us. As previously mentioned more chance of Snedden and Laverty going on loan. Don't  see any other outgoings or many incoming.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon someone would take durnan no problem.  We've managed to move on worse centrebacks than him over the past decade or so. Even Buchanan got a gig and he was being  kept out the team by durnan at the tail end of last season. 

Not only that, he got a gig a league up!

Just now, ebobsboy said:

I can't see Durnan going anywhere tbh, as much as he's a liability I think he will get kept for cover.  He's another one that if we do go up I can't see him being with us. As previously mentioned more chance of Snedden and Laverty going on loan. Don't  see any other outgoings or many incoming.

I agree.

Is the young jobber on loan from Killie a season loan or only until January? I know there’s talk of some of our players going out on loan but surely for all parties it would make sense for him to go back to Killie. Just screams of a bit of a panic loan signing after missing out on Kingsley.

33 minutes ago, Russ said:

Is the young jobber on loan from Killie a season loan or only until January? I know there’s talk of some of our players going out on loan but surely for all parties it would make sense for him to go back to Killie. Just screams of a bit of a panic loan signing after missing out on Kingsley.

Season long loan

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

You could be right. If he does then Dixon would need to stay fit as I really don't want to go back to a Hall and Durnan partnership

QotS are leaking goals. Surely a reunion of Durnan and Buchanan, who were at the heart of the defence with the best defensive record in L1 last season, would tighten things up for them. Durnan is also a former QotS hero and would be welcomed back by Queens fans. We could swap him for Obileye.

QotS are leaking goals. Surely a reunion of Durnan and Buchanan, who were at the heart of the defence with the best defensive record in L1 last season, would tighten things up for them. Durnan is also a former QotS hero and would be welcomed back by Queens fans. We could swap him for Obileye.
Durnan certainly isn't a QoS "hero" but I would happily drive to Grangemouth and bring him back here. I'd also have Buchanan in the boot and dump him at your door.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
44 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Durnan certainly isn't a QoS "hero" but I would happily drive to Grangemouth and bring him back here. I'd also have Buchanan in the boot and dump him at your door.

Is Obileye any good?

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Watch the highlights of their game against Raith earlier in the season then amend your point about us taking Obileye. 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
25 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

This is like one of those puzzles about trying to get everyone across a river. Where do we send Buchanan after that?

Is Obileye any good?
Daft as it sounds, if he had someone with a bit of pace beside him he'd be ok. The trouble is him and Buchanan have the combined mobility as a boulder so it's painful to watch.
This is like one of those puzzles about trying to get everyone across a river. Where do we send Buchanan after that?
Well the river's right there.

Liam Craig slots home the final penalty for the Saintees to bin the Fifers out the LC. Watson & O'Hara miss for the Pars.

How many seasons is that he's played  in the top division since leaving? Mr Hughes certainly had his number,

9 hours ago, kiddy said:

Liam Craig slots home the final penalty for the Saintees to bin the Fifers out the LC. Watson & O'Hara miss for the Pars.

How many seasons is that he's played  in the top division since leaving? Mr Hughes certainly had his number,

He's about 40 shy of being our record appearance holder of all time. Almost 300 in the top flight.

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Was a good player for us, obviously wasn’t the fastest midfielder, but with a peach of a left foot and great reading of the game didn’t need to be, think this season might be his last in top flight and would be surprised if a few teams haven’t already been in touch. 

He's coaching our youths and seems set to join our coaching staff when he does stop playing. Still playing regularly.

Edited by RandomGuy.