The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If one more person uses Cadette as a comparison for Francis I am going to lose the plot

Sometimes if you say something repeatedly folk start to believe it 😉

I think we are safe with this one tho

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Depends how you look at that one 2 of those are first team regulars Dixon and Kelly, Deveney is on a loan so could send him back if theres no chance of him getting a game so that boost Sneddons chances. Injury to Dixon or Kelly then his chances are boosted or do you recall Durnan put him CH and move Hall to Left CH.

Its been a while since we have approached a transfer window where its not been who gets the trebucheted to f**k away from the club and had to list a full first team and subs who need to gtf.

I still think Deveney was a panic signing but M&M seem to fancy him as they keep bringing him on as a sub so I'd imagine he'll be here until the end of the season.

No point sending Francis out on loan if he can't do it in league 1 with us then he won't be here come the end of the season it's as simple as that and he'll be aware of it. He's got all the physical attributes and he looks to have a bit of skill in his locker but he needs to start getting the basics right and I'm sure Miller will be trying to drill that into him.

Be interesting to see who becomes available in January especially as we don't need to actually rely on new recruits to turn us around for the first January in a while.

I've no problems with folk bigging up our start of the season, we are in the 3rd tier because of poor leadership starting from the top.

Many clubs have dropped to a level out of their norm and embarrassed themselves, we did by keeping Ray in a job. Sunderland in league one showing it's easy to become part of that leagues furniture. We haven't went full Dunfermline at this level to date but we seem to be on the right path since we got rid of Ray with the added bonus that we seem to have experienced people on the board now who have a track record of success.

My glass is 3/4 full at the moment and long may that continue

53 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I still think Deveney was a panic signing but M&M seem to fancy him as they keep bringing him on as a sub so I'd imagine he'll be here until the end of the season.

No point sending Francis out on loan if he can't do it in league 1 with us then he won't be here come the end of the season it's as simple as that and he'll be aware of it. He's got all the physical attributes and he looks to have a bit of skill in his locker but he needs to start getting the basics right and I'm sure Miller will be trying to drill that into him.

Be interesting to see who becomes available in January especially as we don't need to actually rely on new recruits to turn us around for the first January in a while.

He's done more in his short time with us than Dennon Lewis ever did.  He's only 21 and if MIller sees something in him he can work with and mould him into the type of CF he wants him to be.  For once we are actually going into a January window with no one really of note to punt not that its a bad position to be in.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

He's done more in his short time with us than Dennon Lewis ever did.  He's only 21 and if MIller sees something in him he can work with and mould him into the type of CF he wants him to be.  For once we are actually going into a January window with no one really of note to punt not that its a bad position to be in.

Except from Durnan.

1 hour ago, steveffc said:
2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:
I can see where your coming from on that one but he is only on a one year deal and think back to when we first signed Cadette no one ever thought he would turn out to be the player he ended up.  The lad is only 21and still a lot to learn which i think he could get from Miller in that one, still raw as been said though.

Agree with this, Cadette never held balls up or ran channels etc, he just scored goals, Francis is a better finisher than Dowds! Folk trying to over complicated the game nowadays!

Absolute baws. He spent most of his time with his back to goal holding the ball up and knocking it wide for Rice or McCall or whoever to cross in.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Absolute baws. He spent most of his time with his back to goal holding the ball up and knocking it wide for Rice or McCall or whoever to cross in.

I only pointed out the fact he looked out his depth on his first game for us (think he even mentioned himself on WDH), the following season is when he made the impact.

Edited by AL-FFC

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Can't see what that's got to do with RC's playing style, but never mind.

At the moment Francis although I think Dowds will come good for us.

I think Dowds has potential, he's dangerous when he runs with the ball and has pace. If he improves his positioning and finishing then he could be a handy player

I think Dowds has potential, he's dangerous when he runs with the ball and has pace. If he improves his positioning and finishing then he could be a handy player

I noticed after the Rangers game, a few of their posters were having a go at him for being overweight.....

2 hours ago, steveffc said:
3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:
I can see where your coming from on that one but he is only on a one year deal and think back to when we first signed Cadette no one ever thought he would turn out to be the player he ended up.  The lad is only 21and still a lot to learn which i think he could get from Miller in that one, still raw as been said though.

Agree with this, Cadette never held balls up or ran channels etc, he just scored goals, Francis is a better finisher than Dowds! Folk trying to over complicated the game nowadays!

Not true about Cadette. He was small but strong as an ox and could hold the ball up with defenders on top of him.

Dont know where you’re coming from?

7 minutes ago, steveffc said:
14 minutes ago, MS RR said:

But can't take a chance when he gets one and score! Same could be said with any player, I don't get love in for Dowds tbh,

His finishing definitely needs to improve, but it's not unlikely that he'll start scoring. Morelos at the beginning was good with the ball at his feet but was appalling at finishing. Then over time he became prolific. 

Not true about Cadette. He was small but strong as an ox and could hold the ball up with defenders on top of him.
Dunno, all I mind is Cadette scoring every week, behind goals, and never seen him run channels or hold ball up etc, he just scored goals, his 2 best were at ibrox

I think it's just a case of Dowds not getting the rub of the green the now. His movements good and he's getting into the right positions he just needs one to go in for him. There was a chance on Saturday at 0-0 where he got to the front post for a Connolly cross but it seemed to take a bad bounce and go under him. He holds the ball in well, puts himself about and his mere physical presence free's up space for others. 

On 11/12/2020 at 07:26, HopeStreetWalker said:

Ask me at the end of the season ! Goodness knows what is going to happen between now and the final whistle of the final game.

If and it's a big If ! we get promoted we will require 6-7 players minimum to make sure we stay up.

II suspect that’s overly cynical. Raith were better in the middle last year, but you had the better keeper, defense (as a whole) and a similar attack. We improved keeper, shuffled both the attack and back line with some speculative signings, and are holding our own. Whomever comes down to replace Hearts will be weaker, and you seem better than the rest that might come up. Unless Mutch has regressed, probably a starting defender and a starting attacking midfield player might be all you need, if the attack rounds into shape. Of course, several more depth players would be an understood need.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, steveffc said:
2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Dunno, all I mind is Cadette scoring every week, behind goals, and never seen him run channels or hold ball up etc, he just scored goals, his 2 best were at ibrox

To refresh you memory then suggest you watch that 2nd goal at Ibrox again, great run by Cadette  onto a fabulous pass by Fulton. Carried the ball at pace towards the penalty box holding off the defender and a sublime finish - wonderful.      

To refresh you memory then suggest you watch that 2nd goal at Ibrox again, great run by Cadette  onto a fabulous pass by Fulton. Carried the ball at pace towards the penalty box holding off the defender and a sublime finish - wonderful.      
Yeah I can mind that, was at game with my rangers supporting brother, not point im making though! ,, would you put your morgage on Dowds doing same,? Just think Francis better finisher,,