The Falkirk FC Thread

You can be confident without making ludicrous, utterly nonsensical statements like feeling there's not much left to do to win the title from here when you've played a grand total of seven league games, you have a point-four point lead over the team in second and there's sixty still to play for. The next three games will tell us a hell of a lot more about exactly where we are than the first seven have. A minimum of seven points out of nine from them would justify some belief that we may have finally turned a corner.

Jeez there are some miserable c***s on this forum.

It was tongue in cheek. I did say it’s a bit of FUN!

If anyone bothered to read my posts on the Clyde v Falkirk thread, I just highlighted that Clyde (and Airdrie) are our bogey teams. Ironically someone else disputed the relevance of that point.

Irrespective I do think we probably need to pick up about 36-38 points from here. It’s not the most onerous of targets so as someone said earlier this week there’s really no excuses from here....

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Our 2nd game back after a 9 month layoff in what is a glorified friendly anyway? Forgive me for not thinking that proves anything at all 

Bollocks it was a competitive game in which we were very rusty but still good enough to win.

We may well lose on Saturday, though I very much doubt it, but if we do it will be bugger  all to do with “bogey teams”.

We are a long way from being a good team but we should be confident going into EVERY game in this league.

Bollocks it was a competitive game in which we were very rusty but still good enough to win.

We may well lose on Saturday, though I very much doubt it, but if we do it will be bugger  all to do with “bogey teams”.

We are a long way from being a good team but we should be confident going into EVERY game in this league.

You do wonder sometimes what it would take for some of our knicker wetters to be ‘glass is half full’?

I do note that it’s the same posters who were calling for M and M’s heads just a few weeks ago though.

Four points clear and having taken 4 out of 6 against our chief title challengers, and we still have people moaning about a bit of positivity.

We could win this league by 20 points and they’d still find something to whinge about....

34 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You do wonder sometimes what it would take for some of our knicker wetters to be ‘glass is half full’?

I do note that it’s the same posters who were calling for M and M’s heads just a few weeks ago though.

Four points clear and having taken 4 out of 6 against our chief title challengers, and we still have people moaning about a bit of positivity.

We could win this league by 20 points and they’d still find something to whinge about....

Who's moaning about positivity?  You were called out for your "not much left to do to win the title" garbage. Still waiting on you providing one example of anyone calling for the management teams heads a few weeks ago as well. Long wait, I sense.

Who's moaning about positivity?  You were called out for your "not much left to do to win the title" garbage. Still waiting on you providing one example of anyone calling for the management teams heads a few weeks ago as well. Long wait, I sense.

Called out? [emoji23]

38 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just the 20 not good enough ..., only kidding.  Got to admit We are overly pessimistic mind you i mind being optimistic at hartleys hero's signing which quickly changed to ffs where the f>>k did we find that lot.  Got to agree we have built ourselves up in the past only to be let down but the authoritys have a lot to do with that as well the being denied promotion to the ess pee hell as it was and not to mention with the agreement on talks on league reconstruction on from the cnut from fife last season to say theres no reason to change it and he was never for it in the first place.

Just keep Durnan out the team and i think we will do fine though if there is a chance to offload in January and bring someone else in to replace him i would be happy with that.

Yep, I get the reason for so much pessimism as we have been royally shafted on numerous occasions over the last 25 years. The last of those being just last season of course.

I was never a Hartley or a McKinnon fan so I rarely felt we were on the right track.

I do at the moment though.

Doesn’t mean it won’t all go pear shaped. Indeed that might be the case at 5pm on Saturday. However I do think that the overall behind the scenes structure is moving in the right direction and the management team are getting it right on the Park at the moment so no reason to be so overly negative.

On the stats front, it’s all a bit of fun, and of course you cannot read too much into it, but again, Cove in second place have 13 points from 7 games, if you project that to 27 games it means they’d end up on 50 points, so I don’t think a projection of 53-55 points is an unrealistic number to believe will take the title.

An average of 1.8 points per game where we are scoring over 2.4 just now. To put that into perspective, you could actually lose all 6 of the games against Airdrie and Clyde and and still reach that target....

PS. Cue the disgruntled...[emoji16]

Q - When is a support package not a support package?

A- When it's a loan at commercial interest rates.

I can just imagine that Cormack dude's head exploding when he reads this.....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nicola-sturgeon-football-bail-out-23147980

Completely agree with your view. The recent changes within the BOD for me is the massive change we’ve been crying out for. Genuine Falkirk people with business skills we’ve been sadly lacking now running the club. From what I’m hearing the new investment was down to a great deal of hard work which was going on behind the scenes for a very long time. Yes we’ve had a couple of not so good decisions  (Gow) but mistakes have been learned and unlike the old days where it would be allowed to fester, he was correctly binned at the first opportunity. 

Whilst we have made progress the big up on the changes in the club stewardship is the MSG break up and the pending departures of three of them.

Rawlins coming in will add a dynamism to the Board which still looks very “safe”. although the new faces have made a positive difference there is still lots to be done (they admit that) and as fans it looks like we need to be patient.

Q - When is a support package not a support package?
A- When it's a loan at commercial interest rates.
I can just imagine that Cormack dude's head exploding when he reads this.....
  https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nicola-sturgeon-football-bail-out-23147980

Similar deal to what’s being offered in England, and in other commercial sectors.
Seems fair enough to me given that otherwise it would only get squandered on player purchases and wages.
Pleased that grants are being offered to championship and below but keen to see the details.....

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

We could win the Champions League beating Barcelona 20-0, it still wouldn't suit some folk.

1 minute ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

We could win the Champions League beating Barcelona 20-0, it still wouldn't suit some folk.

What a lot of shite. In case you aren't aware we aren't winning the Champions League, we're in the third tier of Scottish football playing a bunch of village teams for the second year in a row.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What a lot of shite. In case you aren't aware we aren't winning the Champions League, we're in the third tier of Scottish football playing a bunch of village teams for the second year in a row.

In case you aren't aware we aren't even in the Champions League, your saying  were not going to win it. I was pointing out how negative some of our so called supporters are. You fit the bill. 

The management team have proved absolutely zilch. Cautious realism about the state of our team and club is not equivalent to never being happy. We are so so far below where a club of our size should be, it’ll take more than a scratchy win v peterhead and cove to convince me we’re on the up again. If I see signs of that in the next 3 games, I’ll be delighted 

12 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

In case you aren't aware we aren't even in the Champions League, your saying  were not going to win it. I was pointing out how negative some of our so called supporters are. You fit the bill. 

I've spent enough money following this team over the years to be a bit more than a "so called supporter" I'd say.

Falkirk supporters have plenty reason to be "negative" having been kicked in the stones for the best part of 10 years while much smaller clubs have won trophies and played in Europe repeatedly, never mind having multiple seasons in the top flight.

Things are looking better this season than they did last. To me we have been improving game to game since the draw at Firhill. I hope that continues.

Loosely translated to, we should remain miserable until we finally exit this division.....

Happy Xmas, bah, humbug...

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I've spent enough money following this team over the years to be a bit more than a "so called supporter" I'd say.

Falkirk supporters have plenty reason to be "negative" having been kicked in the stones for the best part of 10 years while much smaller clubs have won trophies and played in Europe repeatedly, never mind having multiple seasons in the top flight.

Things are looking better this season than they did last. To me we have been improving game to game since the draw at Firhill. I hope that continues.

We're all aware of that and to me we've never achieved our potential in 40 add years which is gauling. My point is that some like to greet about anything and everything no matter how good or bad were doing,and it isn't helpful. A bit positivity and togetherness wouldn't go amiss some times. There has to be a turning point and hopefully this season is it.

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

We're all aware of that and to me we've never achieved our potential in 40 add years which is gauling. My point is that some like to greet about anything and everything no matter how good or bad were doing,and it isn't helpful. A bit positivity and togetherness wouldn't go amiss some times. There has to be a turning point and hopefully this season is it.

To be honest I really don't think it matters what people do on a message board. I doubt it affects the team one way or another.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

The management team have proved absolutely zilch. Cautious realism about the state of our team and club is not equivalent to never being happy. We are so so far below where a club of our size should be, it’ll take more than a scratchy win v peterhead and cove to convince me we’re on the up again. If I see signs of that in the next 3 games, I’ll be delighted 

Ask me at the end of the season ! Goodness knows what is going to happen between now and the final whistle of the final game.

If and it's a big If ! we get promoted we will require 6-7 players minimum to make sure we stay up.